1. Switch Kicks: 34
2. Power Jacks: 40
3. Power Knees: 37
4. Power Jumps: 1
5. Globe Jumps: 0
6. Suicide Jumps: 2
7. Push-up Jacks: 8
8. Low Plank Oblique: 40

...as you can probably see, the power knees almost killed me and I didn't really fully recover until halfway through push-up jacks. I'm very disappointed in myself to be honest. I thought I was a lot fitter than I am and this has been a huge reality check!! Has anyone else had this happen to them too? How did you get on?

Replies

• tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    The first time I did Insanity, I, too, was rather disappointed in my results. I thought my cycling would have helped me out with the cardio. I saw huge improvements each fitness test, and that helped keep me going through the two months.
    The important thing is to keep at it and use the tests and improvements as motivation.
    Good luck!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    There's no where to go but up. You WILL get better each fit test, i promise you that. Stick with it
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad! My results were less than I thought too, but the whole point of the fit test is to show you that you will be improving! Give it two weeks...
  • IAmKellOnWheels
    IAmKellOnWheels Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    No, not terrible at all!! You will improve, I promise! And, you won't believe the difference between your Fit Tests. That, along with how great you feel, how much more energy you have will make it all worth it. Just tell yourself, you'll never see those numbers again!
  • neefesto
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement guys! I usually give up on things pretty fast due to the fear of failing. I read through these posts before Insanity Pylometric Cardio Circuit and felt greatly encouraged.

It kicked my *kitten* well and truly! I had to stop and take 30 seconds a few times and felt like throwing up towards the end, but I feel great for sticking through it.

Seriously guys, thanks!!
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    It will kill you, don't get too disheartened. Plus sometimes you just have bad days. My second fit test was well above my first. My third was above my second for the first four exercises, then I appeared to just die and could barely get anything out after that. I tried not to read too much into it, probably just an accumulation of overtraining. I've been incorporating Insanity into my workouts for about four months now and I'm still yet to manage to get through the plank bit of plyo cardio circuit (the level 1 drills/ski abs/in and out abs) without just falling flat on my face at some point.
  • Cupcakebettiejo
    Cupcakebettiejo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Not terrible at all. Good on you for starting it, i did the fitness test this morning and felt terrible at the end!

We'll only get better:)
  • raggyanndoll
    Options
    One thing that I experienced was that my 2nd fit test stats were worse than my first ones. I was really disappointed. But then I realized that my form was a LOT better. Even though Shaun T is always pushing to go faster, he does say that it should be form over speed. That's true!
  • Thinspirational_Me
    Options
    My first fit test results were broadly in line with yours - was doing OK up till globe jumps then got my *kitten* kicked bad (I managed 4) then 0 suicide jumps, then 11 and 25 for the final two

I see it more as a marker - find out where you are starting from, it can only get better. I wasn't expecting to be any good at first and the first fit test just confirmeded that.

Stay in it, we're with you!