Blue Monday

Options
Did you know that today is considred the "Most Depressing Day of the Year?" I heard that on my way to work today and it made me feel sad! I decided that I was going to make it a GREAT day! I found an article from Self.com that talks about how exercise makes us happy! Take that Blue Monday! :-)

Read the article (link provided below) and then tell us what you're going to do today to punch this "depressing" day in the face!

http://www.self.com/fitness/2012/05/benefits-of-exercise

Replies

• Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I was only depressed today because everyone was home asleep and I had to get up and come to work, lol. But at least I didn't have to do all the morning school running around before work......
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    How can celebrating Marin Luther King and what he did for us realizing we need to embrace each other and help each other especially the poor is that depressing?!?
  • laf0195
    laf0195 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Well I got my workout done early this morning and now I'm spending the rest of the day with my friend! Blue Monday? No way! Haha!
  • LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I've seen a few of these things on FB ... to be honest if you want to believe that today is depressing, you will haha. I'm perfectly cheery this afternoon :D
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    How can celebrating Marin Luther King and what he did for us realizing we need to embrace each other and help each other especially the poor is that depressing?!?

Absolutely!! Just read some of his writings if you're feeling down. Today all I feel is proud and humbled.
  • oAshlio
    oAshlio Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    What am I going to do to make this day not so depressing for me as far as BlueMonday goes?? Hm.. well I am going to eat healthy, do some cleaning, ab workouts and strength exercises and say "Scr-w You Blue Monday". Just because someone tells me that its a depressing day, or the most depressing day of the year DOESNT mean I am going to let that influence my opinion of the day or get me down!
  • Rosytakesoff
    Options
    I feel pretty damn good, so they can take their blue monday nonsense somewhere else. I am going to work on being able to do more than 15 mins on the elliptical trainer at a time without my legs feeling rubbery.

Carry on, my health friends.
  • Dianafrance8
    Dianafrance8 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Well as I read this, my 16 year old daughter just came in and kissed me on the top of my head and my 13 year old daughter is singing to the cat. Good stuff. :)

Today I took a 2.5 mile walk in a tree-lined neighborhood and I am continuing the weekend challenge to try something new. I am taking a Zumba class for the first time. Ouch and Embarrassing.

I used to teach aerobics at the local collage when I was 20, but that was 6 kiddos ago. I think it will be fun, but I am praying that I don't know anyone.

Also, it is a absolutely beautiful day here in So. Cal. We can't be depressed today. God is good!
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Count me in as another one not depressed today. I had the day off, so I started my morning with an extra workout due to the extra time. I usually do a two mile Leslie Sansone workout and today I did a five mile! Even though I was tempted to stop after the second mile, I stuck with it and after the third mile didn't even notice the extra time.

Happy Monday, Everyone!
  • Shellycan
    Shellycan Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Today was awesome! Kicked that blue to the curb!
    I have noticed if I'm feeling out of sorts or down, exercise invariably helps give me a mood boost, especially
    if I'm outdoors or in the company of a friend.
  • go3gurl2go1
    Options

Absolutely!! Just read some of his writings if you're feeling down. Today all I feel is proud and humbled.

Indeed! I went out and joined a civil rights march today. Got some excercise AND celebrated a legacy. Everyone seemed pretty happy to me....even though it was about 10 degrees haha!