Weeks 3 & 4

Options
My last cigarette was on 1/2/2013. I'm not patting myself on the back yet. I have made it this far several times before, only to blow it. Most people with whom I've spoken say that the first two weeks is the hardest part. For me, It seems that weeks 3 and 4 are more dificult. Does anyone have a similar experience?

Replies

• officegirl27
    officegirl27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yes I have not smoked since 12/27/12 and some days are harder than other! Just keep going your doing great!!!
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Well, I am on day 8 today....I still feel like I could slip and am constantly rattling off the health benefits to myself in my head. :)

A few of us have quit around the same time. One of my friends is about 2 and a half weeks in, and I can't believe how well he's doing! He has quit several times in the past, but this time seems so different! He seems at peace with it, and when I ask him about it, he just says he's 'done' with it. It reads all over his face too.

I think I need to just accept and think 'I'm done' as well, but I'm not there yet. LOL Trying though because it hasn't been difficult for him with his mind set.....the right attitude makes all the difference!!
  • staciarose13
    staciarose13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am almost done with week 4. The whole experience has been very hard, especially combining it with trying to lose weight, and I have had horrible withdrawal symptoms, but they're slowly going away. I read in many places that withdrawal symptoms can last up to 2 months or so.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I think I need to just accept and think 'I'm done' as well, but I'm not there yet. LOL Trying though because it hasn't been difficult for him with his mind set.....the right attitude makes all the difference!!

That was my mind set too and it made quitting so much easier (I had tried to quit maybe 5 times before this last and final one).

This time, there was no "I'm trying" to quit. I quit, I was no longer a smoker, and that was that. I adopted that mind set before I quit and while I have had my low points, I have to say this was the easiest of all of the times I quit (LOL- that sounds ridiculous).

Also, I must confess that reading Alan Carr's "Easyway to Stop Smoking" put me in that mind set...it did not come naturally!
  • nellyett
    Options
    Yes, attitude is EVERYTHING!! I have had some pretty crazy withdrawl symptoms but I feel a little better every day! :)
  • capricorn0120
    capricorn0120 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problem with cravings in the third week of quitting. I've tried a few times and I do fine the first two weeks and come the third week, I have cravings I didn't have the first two weeks. But, I haven't given in to the cravings now like I did the last couple of times. I know if I have even one that I won't stop there so, better not to touch them at all. I may on occasion use the Nicorette spray and it really helps and I haven't used it at all in days. I'm much more determined to stay a non-smoker than before. I feel better even after only 3 weeks. I can exercise and not be out of breath, my clothes and hair don't smell like smoke and all the money I've saved and my health are very good reasons I won't smoke again.
  • patiencez2
    patiencez2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone :) I am 2 years smoke free, Just wanted to check in on everyone and tell you this is the best thing you have ever done. Please Tough it out and beat this demon. I had to have 4 by passes to make me wake up. Please Don't wait that long.
    I used the patches and they seemed to help. Had to take them off at night though because of nigthmares. You Can do this Yes you can!!! if you need to talk or anything just let me know.
    Keep up the good work!!
  • bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    " He seems at peace with it, and when I ask him about it, he just says he's 'done' with it. It reads all over his face too. "

Great attitude! don't fight it for sure. It just keeps getting better and better. I will be 2 years in March and yes, I do think about it but not crave it. It is in my past. I did it and I am done! I want to be as healthy as I can to play with my grandchildren and to fly the world as much as a I desire without the fear of flying without a poison stick!

Stick with it people and use the acronym NOPE.....Not One Puff Ever!!

Donna
  • patiencez2
    Options
    Just Checking in, I have to agree that you can not take one Puff of a cigerette, Don't buy any you can't smoke what you don't have.
    I am proud of all of you Keep up the good work! You can do this yes you can!!!
    StrawberryToast thank you for the nice Note.
  • nellyett
    Options

This is great! I actually recited it to myself this morning.....:)
  • patiencez2
    Options

This is great! I actually recited it to myself this morning.....:)

I honestly think after two years one Puff would be all it took to be back to smoking.
    So it is a good thing to always keep in mind.
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm on week three just now and it's not bothering me. Been drinking fluids a lot more but I suppose that's a good thing. How's anyone else doing
  • nellyett
    Options
    Almost completed 2 weeks and this weekend has been super difficult for me. we have a house full of kids this weekend, so maybe it's because I don't have my 'escape' to the back porch anymore and that's what I am really missing. a break from the noise and chaos!! lol
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Why don't you go out to the porch and breathe is some fresh air :) I'm not missing going outside In The winter to smoke or smoking out the window and making the place freezing.
  • nellyett
    Options
    Why don't you go out to the porch and breathe is some fresh air :) I'm not missing going outside In The winter to smoke or smoking out the window and making the place freezing.

I've done that a few times...even walked around the block since I was already bundled up :). It does help but I was still ultra irritated! lol. I'd just go and hide somewhere with a book for a bit. they all knew to leave me alone. Haha