January 20-26- Let's Finish January With A Bang!

Options
Carmennorth
Carmennorth Posts: 71 Member
All right, I am liking the points system... And for those of us who are more active, we will start a contest next month that will run throughout February. We are all on the honor system, and everyone is expected to keep up with their own points. The challenge will run starting next week through the end of February. The winner at the end will win both bragging rights, and will choose the exercises we are doing for the first two weeks in March!!!!!! If any of you have other ideas on what we can bring to the winner, please let me know.....

There will be 10 components to this week's challenge.....
1. Post your points for last week's challenge on either this week's discussion or last week's (mine are already up- 6/7)
2. Drink 9 glasses of water
3. Record your food in the MFP food diary every day (let's see if I can actually achieve this one for once-lol)
4. Check your weight next Saturday- give yourself a point if you have LOST weight
5. Do one exercise class/online class that you do not normally do and post it here- also rate it for us, we may try it out too...
6. Do 180 minutes of cardio
7. Do 60 minutes of weight training
8. Do 400 Sit ups and 200 push ups (any variation of them is fine)
9. Do 300 Lunges
10. Do 500 Jumping Jacks/Jumping Rope/Climb 500 Actual Stairs.........

This is an intense week- Let's GET IT DONE!!!!

Replies

• Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    What do you class as weight training?
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    1. Post your points for last week's challenge 4/7
    2. Drink 9 glasses of water:
    3. Record your food every day:
    4. Weight: 87.4 kgs
    5. Do one exercise class/online class that you do not normally do and rate it
    6. Do 180 minutes of cardio
    7. Do 60 minutes of weight training
    8. Do 400 Sit ups and 200 push ups (any variation of them is fine)
    9. Do 300 Lunges
    10. Do 500 Jumping Jacks/Jumping Rope/Climb 500 stairs
  • 2tang
    2tang Posts: 44
    Options
    1. last weeks points - 5/7 total of 7 points so far
    2. Drink 9 glasses of water - messed up on this towards the end of last week, will do better this week
    3. Record your food in the MFP food diary every day (no problem, I am sure I can do this one)
    4. current weight 182.6 up 0.6 from last week
  • Phabmama
    Phabmama Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    1. last weeks points - 7/7 total

current weight 183.6 up 1 from last week. not sure why is that.

Ready for this week's challenge!
  • vzgregg
    vzgregg Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    1. Last week - 4/7 - I was really close in the weights and cardio ones...off by only 10 minutes in each (so 50/60 and 140/150).

Looking forward to this weeks challenge.

2. water - should be no problem
    3. logging - should be no problem
    4. weigh in - will do on Friday - hoping for a loss, but this is PMS bloating week...so it may not happen
    5. do one class i wouldn't normally do - should be able to find one on Exercise TV
    6. 180 mins cardio...will try
    7. 60 mins weights...will try
    8. 400 situps & 200 pushups...i can do this...do crunches count or do they have to be full on situps?
    9. 300 lunges...may be tough...but i did do a leg workout yesterday that included them...so i'm on my way.
    10. 500 jumping jacks, jump rope, and/or stairs...this may be hard.
  • vzgregg
    Options
    are crunches considered situps? or do you want us doing full on situps?
  • stephlillyann4ever
    stephlillyann4ever Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    whats the points
  • Carmennorth
    Options
    Any type of weights- whether it is the machines at work or free weights I count as weight training- and I am a wuss..... I only do machines- lol
  • Carmennorth
    Options
    Any type of sit up- crunches, or full will work:)
  • Carmennorth
    Options
    All right.... Because we are at the Hump Day, I am posting my totals so far...
    1. Post your points for last week's challenge on either this week's discussion or last week's (mine are already up- 6/7) DONE WITH THIS ONE- YAY!
    2. Drink 9 glasses of water- SO FAR SO GOOD
    3. Record your food in the MFP food diary every day (let's see if I can actually achieve this one for once-lol) - ACTUALLY DOING THIS ONE SO FAR....
    4. Check your weight next Saturday- give yourself a point if you have LOST weight - PRAY FOR ME!
    5. Do one exercise class/online class that you do not normally do and post it here- also rate it for us, we may try it out too... HAVE NOT FIGURED OUT WHEN I CAN DO THIS- LOL
    6. Do 180 minutes of cardio - AT 180 AND COUNTING
    7. Do 60 minutes of weight training - HAVE COMPLETED 20
    8. Do 400 Sit ups and 200 push ups (any variation of them is fine) - CURRENTLY AT 0
    9. Do 300 Lunges - CURRENTLY AT 0
    10. Do 500 Jumping Jacks/Jumping Rope/Climb 500 Actual Stairs........ UMMMM AT ZERO SO FAR.

hmmmmm, I better get my act in gear:) I need to be in the 140's (even though it will be in the high digits) by Saturday night. Gulp.
  • 2tang
    Options
    Hey , hope you are all doing well. Dropped the ball on the exercising this week (so far I am at about 60 mins) - I really needed to rest but I kept up with my diet and logging my food and wouldn't you know it - my weight down. As of this morning I am out of the 180s - logging in at 179.8. My weight hasn't moved in weeks, so I am very happy about that. I will try and get as much exercise as I can today and tomorrow and hopefully knock one or two items off the list. Come on everyone, let's end January with a BANG:explode:
  • fitjulz40in12
    fitjulz40in12 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this group for the February challenges. I would like some little challenges to focus on each week.
  • vzgregg
    Options
    i got 8 out of 10 this week.

i didn't lose any weight this week. :( but i had a feeling i wouldn't. hoping for a loss next week.

and i didn't do an hour of a class that i don't normally do.
  • Phabmama
    Phabmama Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I logged my food 5/7
    Cardio 210 Min
    Strengths training 50 min
    Drank 9 cups of water for most of the week
    120 sit-ups
    50 push ups
    I did not do a class

All though I did do so well on the challenge this week, I lost 2.1lb. I’ll try to do better with challenge next week.
  • Deebug60
    Deebug60 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    1. 5/7 points from last week (1 point)
    2. Only made it to 8 glasses of water each day (0 points)
    3. Recorded food everyday (1 point)
    4. Went down 1 pound (1 point)
    5. Zumba class at gym. Made me miss belly dancing *sigh* (1 point)
    6. 237/180 minutes of cardio (1 point)
    7. 75/60 minutes of weight training (1 point)
    8. 200/400 Sit ups,48/200 push ups (0 points)
    9. 0/300 Lunges (0 points)
    10. 500 Actual Stairs (1 point)

week total is 7/10 points
  • 2tang
    Options
    earned 4 points last week (11 points total)- dropped the ball on all the exercise points but on the plus side my weight is finally going down again. can't wait to jump into this week's challenge.