Day 3 of 30

Options
ksfischer
ksfischer Posts: 41 Member
I just completed day 3 and I must say I do not feel as bad as I did yesterday. Yesterday my legs felt like complete jell-o but today I feel the pain and the burn but not the jell-o feeling. To me that is progress and means my muscles are adapting to it and building! :smile:

So for those thinking "God I cannot get up and do the damn DVD another day".....just know that you WILL feel better and it WILL get easier! In order to get the results you MUST push through the first few days of pain from your body!!

day3_zpsb88689d6.jpg

Replies

• BlazeyGal
    BlazeyGal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just completed Day 3 as well. I took yesterday off because I work all day on Saturdays (lifeguarding and teaching swim lessons) and I was so sore swimming with my class, I could feel it with every kick and pull. The day off was well worth it and I feel 85% less sore. To note I didn't use my weights today (I only have 6 lbs weights), I didn't want to over work my still sore arms, but wow... I'm still dripping in sweat.

Show yourself some loving by pushing through this DVD. Think about how amazing it will feel when you can say, "I did it! I completed the 30 Day Shred!"
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I finished day three too, my hips were hurting later on when I went for a walk, must be from the squats lol
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 3 and it is getting better my calf was a bit sore but it is better now too.
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have just finished Day 3 and I am so pleased with myself! I've never done it 3 days in a row! Actually, I've probably never done it 3 times in a month! The arm raises with the side lunges were a bit easier today to my delight and surprise, but those jumping jacks are showing me I need to work on exercising my pelvic floor as well. :embarassed:

Oh, and I took the advice I read on another Shred topic to put my own music on now that I know the routine fairly well. It did stop me from hating Jillian simply for speaking.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    haha got the love hate with Jillian too, I like to hear her though, but I dont look at her face, just her awesome body that I want to have lol
  • Showmm
    Options
    I actually thanked her after today's workout! I doubt I'll be doing that during my first go at Level 2!

If anyone is interested, she does a weekly podcast which is nice to listen to and hear the human, normal side of her, not just the vicious taskmistress on the DVD.
  • ksfischer
    ksfischer Posts: 41 Member
    Options

Oh, and I took the advice I read on another Shred topic to put my own music on now that I know the routine fairly well. It did stop me from hating Jillian simply for speaking.

Oh great idea and I think I will have to do that also!! :)
  • buildingdreams
    buildingdreams Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Just curious, What size weights does everyone use??
  • Showmm
    Options
    I'm using 1.5kg/3.3lb weights. They feel a bit light on some exercises, so I might get some 5 lb weights to switch between.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Just did day 3 this morning, despite going to bed and waking up walking funny as all the jumping and bouncing has KILLED my calves. They are seriously tight so I will be stretching them out as much as possible today.

Still absolutely dripping sweat by the midway point. :)

I am using about 4kg weights. They are a killer with the arm raises/lunges combo.
  • mema_king
    mema_king Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Just done day 3. Got in from work and did it straight away, not the funniest thing to come home to but definitely good.

I'm now using 1.5kg weights but can't do all the front raises side lung ones!
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Yayyyy I did day 3 level 1 too:bigsmile:

I am sore sore sore & my arms r shivering still butttt yes with all u ppl out there i am not gona stop :drinker:

everyday i giv a pat on my back when i finish the routine :laugh:
  • buildingdreams
    buildingdreams Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 5. i have 1 lb weights that I use fro zumba and I'm not feeling any burn...wondering if I should buy heavier weights and if so how much.... I hate the jumping jacks. Did I say I hate the jumping jacks!!!
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Finished day 3...I use 8lb weights.
  • Saliang
    Saliang Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 3 - 27 days to go! I am still feeling very sore in my calves but not giving in.....it was slightly easier today than day one.
    I also did half hour of walking to ease the stifness in my muscles. Enjoying the challenge :)
  • amandaward709
    Options
    Day 3 complete! I used 8lb weights for the first two days, but switched to 5lbs today... much better and I'm less likely to get hurt now. After a few days I'll go back up to 8lbs. Hope everyone is doing well!