Other than sewing what other crafts do you enjoy

Options
casi_ann
casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
I like knitting, crocheting, making jewelry, embroidery and quilting.

Replies

• menletti
    menletti Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I used to tat but now I've lost that skill. I really want to learn needlepoint.
  • patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I garden, embroider, crochet and knit.
  • menletti
    Options
    Oh Patches! I didn't even think about gardening being a crafty type of activity but you're right. It is! I love gardening as well.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    hey :) im new to this group, i like to paint, make jewellery, knitting, paint glasses, anything that could ever be considered crafty i love... except sculpture... i just suck at it...
    im thinking about opening an etsy shop but havent quite yet
    x
  • menletti
    Options
    Hi pix...welcome! I would love to open an Etsy store too. There was a post the other day on here from a gal that has one. I sent off a couple of questions about it. I've only ever heard negative stuff about Etsy so I'd sure like to find someone that actually has a shop!
  • Midgetgem74
    Midgetgem74 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I don't know what an etsy shop is?

I like to knit, crochet, quilt, make cards and paper craft pictures etc, photography as well as sewing. I just wish there was more free time and I had a bigger house for my boxes of clutter!

I had a hip replacement last august so it was nice to pick up some old crafts as well as learn some new, but now I'm back at work I'm too tired or busy. I've got a few projects on the go but my main one I must get finished soon is my cousin asked me to make a quilt for the baby cot and she is due end of October so I need to get it finished. I'm also crocheting them a blanket for the baby too.

What's your main project at the moment?
  • shawls1
    shawls1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I knit. A lot. When I have time. I crochet sometimes, but my first love is knitting.

I'm getting back in to sewing -- just haven't had time/inclination/need in a while.

My daughter is in a production of "Bus Stop" and needed a vintage 1958 outer coat. I found a Burda pattern, and made my first serious clothing item in a couple years (last was a formal dress. Before that --- I can't remember).
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Are you on stitch talk. I'd love to see pictures of what you made. If you are let me know so i can friend you.