Looking for Low Carb Buddies

Options
PicNic00
PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
I've been doing this since May, but my friends list keeps going down and down.... Looking to add friends to keep me encouraged :)

Replies

• nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I've been doing low carb since February. I'm on here everyday. You can add me and I can offer support and encouragement! Good luck!!:flowerforyou:
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I'm doing low carb diet.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I am doing LC.
  • naticksdonna
    naticksdonna Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm on the low-carb bandwagon as well! Been at it since March and on here every day to offer motivation and support to anyone who needs it. Feel free to add me if you like!
  • floridapanthergirl
    floridapanthergirl Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I too am on low carb and am a copy-cat of Donna just above me. I would like some now carb buddies also and am tickled that many of you are over 50. Let's rally together! Yeahhhhh!
  • Clownfish423
    Clownfish423 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for low carb buddies also - sent all of you friend requests!
  • bensoncarol
    Options
    I am new to mfp and are starting on a low carb diet to go into ketosis...how long does it take to start the ketosis and what amount of carbs should I strive for daily to get into ketosis. I need to lose 35 pounds.
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well .... I've been at it since June, 2012. I lost 24 lbs between June 10, 2012 and Nov 20, 2012. Then I slacked during the holidays and put 5 lbs on. Now I'm back at it, have lost 4 of the gain, so I'm a net of 23 lbs right now. I'm a low carb, high fat approach plus exercise. Currently running, going to change to either crossfit or Power 90 pretty quick here.

Bensoncarol, highly recommend reading Mark Maunder's basic keto diet and ALL the info you can find on Gary Taubes site.

http://markmaunder.com/2012/07/22/the-basic-ketogenic-diet/

http://www.garytaubes.com/

Everybody is different, of course, and what works for me may not work for you. :-/
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I was just on my newsfeed asking if anyone is doing Atkins. I am on day 13 of induction and would love some new friends to help along the way. This change is hard enough already. lol
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    I was just on my newsfeed asking if anyone is doing Atkins. I am on day 13 of induction and would love some new friends to help along the way. This change is hard enough already. lol

I use Gary Taubes diet from "Why We Get Fat" plus tracking my macro nutrients using MFP. Added to that is regular stretching and cardio exercise. Fairly similar to an Atkins induction.

Feel free to add me if I can help.
  • Errrica91
    Errrica91 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Low-Carber here - feel free to add me!:-)
  • bettermistakes87
    bettermistakes87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Open invite to anyone on the board, including op, feel free to add me and toss some messages back and forth if you're having a bad day or you just want to chat. I've been low carb (atkins) since the start of the year, but I support all woe if it's healthy and working for you :D
  • fluffy925
    fluffy925 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    All free to add me!
  • dorkof82
    dorkof82 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Been doing low carb off and in for a year. Feel free to add me :)
  • msandwich
    msandwich Posts: 21
    Options
    I've done low carb for years. Lost 120+ lbs and kept it off for years. Fell off the wagon, and now it's time to do it again. Feel free to add!
  • rhlnda
    rhlnda Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump