2nd week and still having problems

Options
This is my second week doing the phase 1 workouts (w.o.) 1 and 2 and I am still having trouble doing the disk 1 yet i can do disk 2 fine. I am also getting bored so I am skipping her cardio and just running. Is anyone else having this problem?? Any ideas with how to keep interested in the w.o.??

Thanks so much,.:smile:

Replies

• hugeas
    hugeas Posts: 3
    Options
    You just have to keep reminding your self why. Is it to be healthy for your kids and set a good example? Is it see the scale move? my biggest motivator is being healthy to see my childs graduate college and get married, and to retire with my hubby so we can travel the world.
  • Tarapritchett
    Tarapritchett Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 2nd week too! Disk 1 sucks. The first time I did it, my quads hurt so bad I had a hard time going up and down stairs, ramps, any sorts of inclines, haha. After a 5 day rest from disk 1 (I still did cardio and disk 2), I did it again. It was a lot easier, but it's still tough. Make sure you're letting your body heal in between. If that means doing cardio instead of disk 1 for a night to give yourself a longer break, do it. Just keep moving!
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am on WO 11 & 12 and the odd numbered ones (front of the body) are always much harder than the even (back of the body ) discs. I read about people subbing cardio, but for me, I see the sheer number of people with CRAZY results and I just put my faith in Jillian. Also, the 35 pounds lost in four months thing that happened for me is a good motivator and makes me just trust in Jillian and want to buy all of her DVD's. Good luck OP.
  • mayday1969
    mayday1969 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Cardio sucks! It just does. And you have to do those discs more than all the others. But, the way she has her cardio structured, seems like there is a purpose in it to me. I have to remind myself, it's only 1/2 hour.

Like someone olse said, the even numbered discs are harder for me. Anythin involving pushups, planks and tricept work...UGH! But it's clear that that has been a neglected area for me. I'm on my 3rd time through the program. The first time through, I could maybe get through 5 push ups at a time on my knees. Now, my thrid time through, I can do all of them, it's not easy by any means, but I can do them, and on my toes!

My reccommendation is that even if you can't to all of the moves in a disc, still move up to the next disc when it is time. It helps with boredom and works your muscles in a different way.

Good luck to you!
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    If you don't do Jillian's cardio discs in Phase 1 you'll never be able to do Cadio 3 in Phase 3. She uses plyo for a reason. You should stick with it, add running too if you want. Her cardio discs definitely are harder than running.
  • mariann_85
    Options
    Don't skip cardio!!!! I guarantee it's better than running. Why? Just see for yourself. Do a little test: test how much you last when jogging now and then do the whole month of Cardio I. Now try to jog again and tell me how it felt. I know, the test takes a while but then you can see for yourself if doing Cardio II and III are worth it or not.
  • mayday1969
    mayday1969 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Don't skip cardio!!!! I guarantee it's better than running. Why? Just see for yourself. Do a little test: test how much you last when jogging now and then do the whole month of Cardio I. Now try to jog again and tell me how it felt. I know, the test takes a while but then you can see for yourself if doing Cardio II and III are worth it or not.

So true!

My hubby and I were doing the C25K before I started JMBR. It was a struggle. He continues to run/jog, and I stopped and did JMBR. When I was done with the program, I thought I would see if I could run. I BLEW past my hubby and had much more endurance than him and now he is doing the program with me so this summer we can run together.
  • erinkelly77
    Options

So true!

My hubby and I were doing the C25K before I started JMBR. It was a struggle. He continues to run/jog, and I stopped and did JMBR. When I was done with the program, I thought I would see if I could run. I BLEW past my hubby and had much more endurance than him and now he is doing the program with me so this summer we can run together.

This is good to hear! I am not LOVING C25K as much as I thought I was - but I am hoping that after a few more weeks with Jillian - I'll love C25K. I plan on just repeating weeks 1 and 2 (and possibly 3) of C25K until I really feel good doing it.
  • chefmiyabi
    chefmiyabi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear this from you guys! I got to the halfway point of C25k and barely made it through. I had to pause it for a minute so I could walk a little longer and catch my breath. I'm going to take a break from it and focus on Jillian's Cardio. I hope I have the same results and can blow through the C25K when I get back to it!
  • kay4020
    kay4020 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I hate the talking on cardio - all week, all life, infinity, how do you like me now!! Aghh leaves me anxious just typing it. I found it helped to turn the sound off. The way I see it I have to do lots of things that I don't like some exercises are just another thing on that list. exercise is like any other area of life we have to take the dull and sometimes painful with the enjoyable. xxx
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear this from you guys! I got to the halfway point of C25k and barely made it through. I had to pause it for a minute so I could walk a little longer and catch my breath. I'm going to take a break from it and focus on Jillian's Cardio. I hope I have the same results and can blow through the C25K when I get back to it!

someone help - what is C25K? I'm starting JMBR on Monday and this is a new term to me
  • jg4ever
    jg4ever Posts: 85 Member
    Options

someone help - what is C25K? I'm starting JMBR on Monday and this is a new term to me

Couch to 5k
  • Tarapritchett
    Tarapritchett Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I hate the talking on cardio - all week, all life, infinity, how do you like me now!! Aghh leaves me anxious just typing it. I found it helped to turn the sound off. The way I see it I have to do lots of things that I don't like some exercises are just another thing on that list. exercise is like any other area of life we have to take the dull and sometimes painful with the enjoyable. xxx

I had to turn the sound off too! She kills me with all the talking, and it was MUCH easier for me to focus on what I was doing than focusing on all her yapping! :bigsmile:
  • bodyafterbaby4
    bodyafterbaby4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Doing it with my DH helps me b/c we won't let each other slack or skip a workout.
  • bwaybabe25
    Options
    i don;t mind the cardio. its the fact i was sore as hell and couldn't do the exercises