MF Meals

Options
Has anyone tried the ready to drink shakes and the breakfast items? Do you lose weight as fast eating those versus just drinking a shake 5 times a day?

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    The plan is designed to promote weight loss no matter what 5 meals you choose each day. There is no magic in sticking to any particular food thinking it will increase weight loss. The shakes are only 10 calories less, but the rest of the nutrients are quite equivalent to the others.

To answer your question, the breakfast items that I like are the plain scrambled eggs, all the pancakes, and the cereal. And yes, the ready made shakes are awesome if you like a plain shake on the run.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    The plan is designed to promote weight loss no matter what 5 meals you choose each day. There is no magic in sticking to any particular food thinking it will increase weight loss. The shakes are only 10 calories less, but the rest of the nutrients are quite equivalent to the others.

To answer your question, the breakfast items that I like are the plain scrambled eggs, all the pancakes, and the cereal. And yes, the ready made shakes are awesome if you like a plain shake on the run.

This is good information! It's truly helpful to hear from people who've been there, done that. I am finding that the target zone of 800 - 1000 calories a day has been SUPER easy to hit just by following the 5 + Medifast guidelines, especially now that I'm past the first week. I don't think I could survive with just the shakes though. I won't even do two shakes back to back because they just don't feel like "food" either physically or psychologically. They just don't register as a "meal" in my head, while a bowl of oatmeal (it's growing on me) or soup does feel like a meal. My max is two shakes a day!
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options

exactly! I dont like oatmeal but I tried one of them and it was gross but like i said I dint like oatmeal before that lol
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    ThaREalNicki, that is key, if you never ate it before, then don't expect to like it in Medifast form - LOL.

You are doing great!! Keep recording your food on MFP and make sure your carbs come in under 100 and your calories are between 800-1000 and you will continue to do well.