Experience with provera?

Options
Qfrump
Qfrump Posts: 64 Member
Hey ladies. I started provera yesterday to coax my period into coming. My last few periods (few and far between) have been pretty light. Should I be expecting a deluge? How have your experiences been? I took the first pill in the middle of a full meal and didn't have any trouble with it. I did, however, have tons of really vivid dreams which kept me from getting a restful sleep. That could be unrelated. Now I'm cranky with a headache.

Replies

• nekol88
    nekol88 Posts: 33
    Options
    I have 1 pill left on my 10 day pill cycle. I was on provera last month as well. I found that when i took it later in the day it was making it really difficult to get a nice deep breath. But this time around I decided to take it in the morning and it is working a lot better for me. After the last pill I did have a little spotting, and then about 3 days later I got my actual period and it lasted for about 6 days. For me provera did the trick :) Good luck to you!
  • Qfrump
    Qfrump Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have 1 pill left on my 10 day pill cycle. I was on provera last month as well. I found that when i took it later in the day it was making it really difficult to get a nice deep breath. But this time around I decided to take it in the morning and it is working a lot better for me. After the last pill I did have a little spotting, and then about 3 days later I got my actual period and it lasted for about 6 days. For me provera did the trick :) Good luck to you!

Thanks for the tip! I'll try that next time (if there has to be a next time).
  • melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Its been a few years for me. But provera always worked for me. I took it every 3months for about 1yr because we were TTC. My periods were pretty bad after first dose but then straightened out. Good luck :)
  • lucy529
    lucy529 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I did 10 days of provera in Nov. with in three days I had af although it was light then followed by a round of clomid am trying to conceive luckily for me i have begun to have regular periods and ovulating on my own. now it's the waiting game to see when or if i can get pregnant good luck to you
  • ShannonJohnson
    ShannonJohnson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have used Provera many times, I do not have any side effects of it and my experience has been different each time. Usually it too me till the last pill or even a few days after I was out of pills for AF to start and they said that was normal, it can take up to a week after your last pill for it to start so don't be worried if you don't get it by the time you are done with pills.

I have started taking Pregnitude, it is a powder supplement to have twice a day with water and it has been shown to help regulate things whem metformin is not helping with that. I am still taking metformin cause it did help get rid of my cyts but it has never regulated my cycle in the year and a half I've been taking it. I did notice this time while starting Pregnitude prior to starting Provera that AF started to come on pill day 6! I've never had that happen, not sure if it is a good sign or not since each time I've taken Provera I've started on a different day from starting the pills, but I've never started this early.

Also the flow of things have been different each time but the last few times I have done it I have started out light and then two or three days into it for 1-2 days it would be really heavy. In the past I've never had heavy days but it might just be cause it was many months in between, when trying for a IUI cycle I took it about once a month/ every 35 days to start my cycle over and now I'm doing it every 3 months if I don't get a cycle on my own, which I have not.