Couch to 5K

Options

Replies

• justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    I'm going to start doing it this week! I am terrified because I have only done a lot of running when I was about 100 lbs lighter than I am now and I don't know how my body is going to handle it. I have a feeling that it'll require me to repeat some weeks, but I'm okay with that. Best of luck to everyone who is going to be starting it.
    I started the program with more weight then you and didn't need to repeat.It's a gradual increase and your body adjusts very quickly.
    By the end of this I ran 10km in a relay of a marathon.I was 220lbs at the time.You can do it!
  • changingforthegood
    Options
    i am restarting the C25K next tuesday. I will go tuesday, thursday, and saturdays on the 3 day a week program..
  • BluNinjaneer
    BluNinjaneer Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Worked to complete Week 3 Day 1 yesterday, and while I wasn't able to jog all the sections in their entirety, I still managed to average a 15-min mile. I'm hoping that tomorrow yields better endurance on my part.

How are others doing on their C25K?
  • nevareg
    nevareg Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm also doing C25K started a little before the first so tomorrow I'm on Week3 day 1
  • melkayco
    melkayco Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was wanting to do this as well. I downloaded the app to my phone but was wondering how much of my data plan will it use? After last months bill doubled with my little one watching Mickey Mouse in the car I'm scared to use anything lol! Does anyone know if it will use very much? I'm stupid when it comes to data usage.
  • MrsMcG106
    Options
    I've only got 2 days left in this week to do the next two days of week one. :/
    I hope I find the motivation!
  • BluNinjaneer
    Options
    W3D2 completed, and this time it went a LOT better than day 1. I think I really need a significant warm-up/stretch before I jog every time (today I had yoga before I did my jog). I'm still a little chagrined that the speed in which I jog is considered a "very brisk walk" by MFP standards, but I'm going to be incredibly happy when I complete my first 5K of 2013 (whenever that may be).

I hope everyone's doing well!
  • Nikipowpez
    Nikipowpez Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I started the c25k (again) for the challenge. This will be my third time attempting. This time rather than outside, I'm doing it on the treadmill at the gym. I don't know if its because I've lost about 15 pounds since the last time I tried, or because of the treadmill, but it seems much easier this time around. I really hope to be able to complete it. Even when I was in the best shape of my life, I have never been able to run any kind of distance. One of my ultimate goals is to be able to do some 5k runs. W1D3 is tomorrow.
  • MrsMcG106
    Options
    I started the c25k (again) for the challenge. This will be my third time attempting. This time rather than outside, I'm doing it on the treadmill at the gym. I don't know if its because I've lost about 15 pounds since the last time I tried, or because of the treadmill, but it seems much easier this time around. I really hope to be able to complete it. Even when I was in the best shape of my life, I have never been able to run any kind of distance. One of my ultimate goals is to be able to do some 5k runs. W1D3 is tomorrow.

This sounds just like me. This is my second time trying and I do it on the treadmill. Running a 5k is also a goal of mine...not just a weight related goal, but it's on my bucket list! Yesterday I completed W1 and I'm pretty proud of myself just because I didn't think I was going to squeeze it in but I managed. The plan is to start w2 today. Best wishes to you!
  • SingSmileLaugh
    Options
    i am restarting the C25K next tuesday. I will go tuesday, thursday, and saturdays on the 3 day a week program..

What is this? Inbox me since I never come bck in time to get answers from msg boards!!
  • SingSmileLaugh
    Options
    I was wanting to do this as well. I downloaded the app to my phone but was wondering how much of my data plan will it use? After last months bill doubled with my little one watching Mickey Mouse in the car I'm scared to use anything lol! Does anyone know if it will use very much? I'm stupid when it comes to data usage.

Just wrote down the plan in terms of the minutes and screw the app!!! Lol
  • nmccray918
    nmccray918 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started last week (when I had a sinus infection, of course), so I can't really get an idea on how my body "truly" feels after it. I was winded and really out of breath for week 1, so I'm going to chalk it up to the sinus infectoin and start again with week 1 this evening. I'm super out of shape, but hope that this week goes better. I got an awesome new pair of running shoes, too, so hopefully that will assist with foot pain.
  • ahaley48
    ahaley48 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The Couch to 5 k App is awesome..and a good way to get you running..i plan to start when the weather breaks.. i HATE running outside in the cold.
  • BluNinjaneer
    Options
    W4D1 completed after yoga today. Only managed 2 miles in the 31 minute program time, but I'm focusing on endurance more than speed right now.

At least that's what I'll keep telling myself so long as the speed of my "running" is considered a "brisk walk" by MFP....
  • SavanahM
    SavanahM Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this week!! I can already do a 5k (though not quite as quickly as I prefer), so I'll probably skip a few weeks to catch up. Plus this'll help get me off the elliptical and onto the tredmill :)
  • nmccray918
    nmccray918 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

In regard to this...I don't think that the app (once downloaded) uses any data. I'm not 100% sure of this, but I don't think that I've noticed any type of increase in my data usage while using it. I think it's kinda like putting any other program on your phone, once it's there, it's there. Any other ideas?
  • di1428
    di1428 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to the program for anyone interested:

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

If you go there and scroll down, you will see the plan laid out. I decided to download the app on my phone for a more convenient way to use it.

thanks for the info and i think i will try it.......
    right now i need some consistancy with my work outs and been only doing a brisk walk..
    would nice to be able to say "i am a runner" ..hmm will see....
  • di1428
    di1428 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am starting tomorrow (Saturday). Are we keeping in touch on this forum as far as our progress, or not?

im a little late in deciding to do this but would like to see everyones progress in doing this.
    i have never ever been a runner so this will be something out of my comfort zone..im excited..
    will be starting it this sunday or monday...
    good luck everyone,
    diana
  • davidbronkalla
    davidbronkalla Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Well I was a little late to start the program due to the treadmills always being full at the gym. I will be doing Week 2, Day 1 tonight. The first week felt great and am actually excited for week 2 now.
  • Nikipowpez
    Nikipowpez Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    After several failed attempts, I have finally graduated to week 2! I actually graduated last week. Unfortunately due to crazy school schedule, I wasn't able to do more than W2D1. So, Monday morning will officially be my W2D1!! I never thought I would be so excited to run.