Influx in emotional eating

Options
EBurke0723
EBurke0723 Posts: 17 Member
Oh my, I am a major emotional eater... especially in the last 6 months. I find it's mainly in the evenings after dinner. In addition, I don't sleep very well so I have absolutely NO energy to attempt to work out. Dealing with so much personal stress has caused me to gain about 15-20lbs in the last 4 months. Looking for any advice/ support.

Thanks!

Replies

• pshe9280
    pshe9280 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    u could try melatonin to help you sleep better found in health food stores walmart etc/lack of sleep will make u hungrier during the day im an emotional eater to just ordered the hunger fix" book and hope maybe this helps heard it was realyy good!
  • EBurke0723
    EBurke0723 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've been giving melatonin a try for a few months and just doesn't seem to be working for me personally but I've heard it helps a lot of people. Mine stems from a high level of stress. I just need to figure out how to stop the emotional eating and finding a way to get up and moving instead of sitting around being upset about my current weight.
  • ijavagypsy
    Options
    Oh my, I am a major emotional eater... especially in the last 6 months. I find it's mainly in the evenings after dinner. In addition, I don't sleep very well so I have absolutely NO energy to attempt to work out. Dealing with so much personal stress has caused me to gain about 15-20lbs in the last 4 months. Looking for any advice/ support.

Thanks!

Do you think you might have a sleep disorder? Maybe your doctor could help. I was very draggy and had a sleep study; turned out that I had 0 REM sleep (not good). They tried a few different things and I'm now a happy camper! (It took them about seven years to figure out that I really had a problem--I'm one of those people nobody pays attention to.) Don't give up--seek answers!