Protein Shakes-Help!

Options
pishicat
pishicat Posts: 25 Member
There is no way I can make these shakes , i work 12 hour days and i am on week 1, day 2.......any suggestions on store brands? The book says for week 1 , a shake of 300 calories..with no added sugar...most of the store brand shakes have sugar...

Replies

• cristieg
    cristieg Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    As far as ready made shakes go, I would try the Atkins, Special K, or Boost brands. I believe they are all low in sugar. Are you able to freeze a homemade shake and take it with you? Is there another meal you could swap for the time you're at work?

I am using Shakeology right now because I have some left over. But, I'll be looking into other products when I run out. I prefer fruit smoothies and powered products that I can mix, they tend to taste better to me.
  • pishicat
    Options
    thank you for the tip...i just dont have a method of taking the shakes to work, and refrigerating them. i will try special k.
    Week 1, day 4, meal 3 says i have to have a shake,,doesnt allow anything else to be substituted.
  • cristieg
    cristieg Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Dr. Ian says that it's okay to swap certain meals if it's easier for you. For example, if you can get to meal 4's foods easier than meal 3, just switch them. As long as you don't make a habit it of it, it's allowed. Just don't skip meals, double up on meals or eat more than listed.
  • pishicat
    Options
    thanks again, going to the store to buy the Special K protein shakes...i looked online and they have a new strawberry /banana flavor
  • jkcathey
    jkcathey Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The FAQ post a little further down confirms the special K shakes are ok as well as the snacks as long as they stay within the calorie requirement.
    You might want to look at that post - it helped me l lot!

Best,

Jen