waterproof ipod/mp3 player

Options
lostemt
lostemt Posts: 152 Member
I was looking to get for swimming laps. Does anyone use on and how do you like it.

Replies

• KylieAlyssa26
    Options
    I have the waterfi which is a waterproof ipod shuffle 4th gen and I love it. Mine is purple but it is available in many different colors. The only thing I do not love is that if you try to do flip turns with it and are not wearing a swim cap the earbuds fall out which is kind of annoying but other than that I love it when doing those long workouts.
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I recently got a waterfi ipod shuffle, with waterproof earbuds, but I haven't tried it out yet.

I think I read on their website or in their product materials to try putting a little vaseline on the earbuds to help keep them from slipping out.
  • Patterson80
    Options
    I'm sure I've seen somewhere that you can get a waterproof cover for your ipod/mp3 player. Not sure hwo that works though and I'd be really worried about trying it as it's quite an expensive mistake if it doesn't work!
  • kimpossible471
    kimpossible471 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I got a finis swimmming mp3 player for christmas, but haven't tried it yet. For some reason, the masters swim coach wants me to listen to HER. Plan on busting it out on a solo swim day.
  • soleilxo
    soleilxo Posts: 202
    Options
    omg i neeeeeed to get this!!!!
  • erika0430
    Options
    I have a water proof IPOD shuffle and I love it!
  • zimfour
    zimfour Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have a Speedo Aquabeat mp3 player, AND I Love it!!! Makes my 40 or 50 minutes of lap swimming FLY by!!!! Course the Jammer helps!!!!:smokin: :smokin:
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I have the waterfi which is a waterproof ipod shuffle 4th gen and I love it. Mine is purple but it is available in many different colors. The only thing I do not love is that if you try to do flip turns with it and are not wearing a swim cap the earbuds fall out which is kind of annoying but other than that I love it when doing those long workouts.

I also use the Waterfi Shuffle, I used ti have the same problems with the ear buds pulling out but I got a pair with a short cord & have had no problem since. Also, the earbuds usually come with a few different ends - maybe trying the different sizes/types would help with that......
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Speedo Aquabeat here.....I love it!
  • Sondrasr
    Options
    I have an otter box for my iPod and love it. I have had more people stop me in the pool to ask me what it is lately. I am going to try the Vaseline idea as sometimes they come out.
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I just got one of these a month ago, I absolutly love it! inexpensive and it works, unlike a couple of others I have tried over the years. and it's comfortable, I use it for all m workouts now.

http://www.amazon.com/GO4GB-BY-Waterproof-Sweatproof-Sports-Headphones/dp/B00689GJE8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1361400976&sr=8-2&keywords=jlab+waterproof+mp3+player
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    perdie, how do you put music on that jlab one?

I'm using something from H2O Audio for my nano, but I'm not that crazy about it. I spent a ridiculous amount of time yesterday fiddling with the earbuds that kept falling out.
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    perdie, how do you put music on that jlab one?

I'm using something from H2O Audio for my nano, but I'm not that crazy about it. I spent a ridiculous amount of time yesterday fiddling with the earbuds that kept falling out.

it has a usb cord to attatch to the computer, threre is a tiny plug on the mp3 player with a twist close to keep it dry
    the only drawback is that it has to be mp3, I did have to convert a bunch of my itunes music to mp3, once I figured out how to do that it was no big deal tho.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    I still have a Speedo and H2O Audio box for my IPOD, on both of them, the earbuds fail after about 25 hours in the pool swimming laps. Usually one of the ear budds stops putting out sound. Some ear buds have hooks for your ears. Most of the ear buds come with multi size ear insert rubbers. I have found that the smaller ones fit in deeper and do not come out as offten. New ear buds run almost what the unit cost. I am currently trying the new FINNS that transmits sound to your cheek bone, (no ear buds), so far I have about 30 hours with out failure.
  • firedenswife2012
    firedenswife2012 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just got mine and tried it out today. For me, I like the idea but feel that I won't be using it very much. I was concentrating too much on the music and not my form. Also, I did not realize how much I love the silence and thinking time I get in the water until it was interrupted by my music. I took it out half way through.
  • crosstraindylan
    crosstraindylan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    any recommendations to get a water proof ipod/headset for under 100?
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    FINIS SwiMp3! http://www.finisinc.com/equipment/electronics/swimp3-x18.html

GREAT sound, great customer service. The music makes a mile fly by.