Cool down

Options
Hi All
Just finished workout 4, stage 1. I think as my form is improving I'm getter better at the exercises, especially the squats and lunges. But I think I went too far and have strained the muscles in my left thigh and butt whilst doing lunges. It's not too bad, just definitely needs that rest now before the next workout. I did the warm ups beforehand, but don't see a cool down routine? I've been doing some traditional cool down stretches but wondered if anyone had any advice.

Replies

• bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I spend 10 minutes doing a cool-down/stretch after each lifting workout. Stretch EACH muscle for 30-60 seconds, no bouncing.

Authors made a huge mistake by excluding a proper stretch cool-down.
  • Kennkaru
    Kennkaru Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I do my lifting at the gym, and after every workout, I hit the pool for some relaxed, slow swimming for about 15-20 minutes. Then, I sit in the hot tub for 5 minutes before showering.
  • Calantorntain
    Calantorntain Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I do my lifting at the gym, and after every workout, I hit the pool for some relaxed, slow swimming for about 15-20 minutes. Then, I sit in the hot tub for 5 minutes before showering.

Oh my god, I wish my gym had a hot tub. That sounds amazing right now (partially since it is 4 degrees outside!)
  • jojo1410
    jojo1410 Posts: 151
    Options
    Well, it's good to know I didn't miss anything in the book. Yes, a big mistake as I always thought cool down was important. I love the idea of a hot tub but as I work out at home, I guess it'll be restricted to stretches. Thanks for your replies! x
  • jojo1410
    jojo1410 Posts: 151
    Options
    Well, it's good to know I didn't miss anything in the book. Yes, a big mistake as I always thought cool down was important. I love the idea of a hot tub but as I work out at home, I guess it'll be restricted to stretches. Thanks for your replies! x