Low Carb Cheat Day

Options
PicNic00
PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
So I was naughty and took a Low carb day off. I am up 4.5lbs!!!! Holy crap! Please tell me this is just water, and that getting right back on plan will make it go away... please...

Replies

• doneatfour
    doneatfour Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    It's just water. :smile: How bad was the cheat day? Couldn't have been enough to gain that in fat overnight. I had several cheat days when I I dieted last time (just started again). Like eating at buffets. They affected my weight for maybe a couple of days. Just get back on track and you should be fine. Danger of cheat days is not getting back on track. Especially if your cravings increase. So hang in there!

By the way, was this a planned cheat day, or did it just happen? Might want to think about what your trigger was.
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    My wife has seen her weight swing by 4-5 lbs in one day and had it come right back off in 2-3 days .... all water weight, obviously. I saw my weight increase by 5 lbs over Christmas and New Year's and it's taken me two weeks to get rid of it ... not water weight, obviously. But I think a 4.5 lbs swing in 24 hours has to be water weight .... 16 oz of water weighs 1 lb. So, you are really talking about 8 cups of water .... your kidneys retain that pretty easily.
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    It was a planned cheat day.
  • bettermistakes87
    bettermistakes87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've had this happen after a cheat day. I make an effort to double my water intake and avoid salty things (trixy with low carb, but doable) and the water weight falls off quickly. Everyone needs one of those mental health carb days, don't worry about it.
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I fell off the low-carb wagon around the holidays--and after a few weeks of "adding carbs" just to see--I was up 2 pounds and then stalled nearly this whole month. After backing off the carbs for a little over a week, I'm back on track and losing again--I now know that LC is the way to go for me :)