March 2013 Babies

Options

Replies

• Rosered3333
    Rosered3333 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I'm tardy to the party, but due March 1st! Not sure if I'm more excited to finally meet my wiggly little belly monster in person or to have my body back to myself!

Welcome!! I'm due March 11th and I'm also not sure which I'm more excited about. I just decided the other day that my first meal I want to have once my little one gets here is a Tuna Sub.

Anyone else completely fail at eating a healthy diet during the past week? I haven't missed drinking but I must admit the holidays have been a little harder since I've actually been home for so much of it. Instead of drinking, I've just been eating whatever I want. I'm so scared of the scale right now!

Ah well. I'm back to it as of Friday so hopefully the damage hasn't been too bad. Happy New Year everyone!
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I got my results back from my 1 hr glucose screening and I do not have Gestational diabetes this time around! I was so happy that my healthier lifestyle this pregnancy has seemed to pay off.
  • MrsLong1980
    MrsLong1980 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    *waves* Very late to the group - due 5th March. I had intended to exercise throughout this pregnancy but due to tiredness (I am a SAHM to a rather active, non-napping 3 year old) and nausea I chose to be kind to myself instead! LOL I've only gained 10kgs (approx. 22lbs) so far though so I'm happy with that - my intention is around the 12kgs (approx. 26lbs) mark and I'm 31 weeks today so we're on track :) If I'm honest, I'm not really fussed over the weight gain, mainly because I know what works for me to lose weight and I've done it before.

Anyone else in the UK?
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Welcome MrsLong1980! We are due the same day, though I'm in NZ! I have very similar feelings to you, I know once I can get walking, then running combined with breastfeeding the weight will go quickly ... I had some BIG bleeds in first trimester and was told to stop running, which I did, but I couldn't quite modify my eating and gained heaps of weight very quickly.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I am due on the 6th March to have a ltitle boy. It's our first baby and we are both really excited and scared. I have been OK on the exercise front during pregnancy. I have probably averaged 3 sessions a week, sometimes more, sometimes less. I am used to really intensive training about 7 sessions a week, so its been really hard to adjust. I just have no energy or stamina, so the sessions I do are pretty slack anyway.

I can't wait to get back into training, though I know it will be a slow road. Luckily my trainer has an 18-month old, so she has just gone through the process or recovery and getting her strength and fitnhess back. I can train with her during the day and take bub with me....

Eating has been pretty ordinary during the pregnancy, first because of the nausea and then just a lack of time and motivation... I guess my bad isn't toooooo bad, but not ideal either...
  • SamanthaJ0310
    SamanthaJ0310 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I did my glucose test yesterday and they still haven't called me with the results, so I'm feeling a little frustrated today. My doctor also said that after 30 weeks I'll start going in weekly, due to contractions that I had over the weekend.
  • Rosered3333
    Options
    How's everyone doing? I'm 32 weeks today. Getting antsy and ready to be done. Took my glucose test on Friday and we'll see how it went later this week. We are getting nursery done and I set up the swing yesteray to start getting my cats used to it. They know something's going on, but they are going to be in for quite a surprise.
  • Nataliaho
    Options
    I am 33 weeks and feeling fantastic :) I was so tired and irritable during my second trimester. I felt like all I was doing was whinge and complain. At the moment I feel really happy, content and super confident about the whole birth thing.

I am getting lots of Braxton Hicks, pretty much every day from around 2pm until I go to sleep. They're uncomfortable but not painful. I guess I will be well practiced by the time the baby comes :) We are going for a weekend away to do a Calm Birthing course in a couple of weeks. I am looking forward to that.
  • Nataliaho
    Options
    How's everyone doing? I'm 32 weeks today. Getting antsy and ready to be done. Took my glucose test on Friday and we'll see how it went later this week. We are getting nursery done and I set up the swing yesteray to start getting my cats used to it. They know something's going on, but they are going to be in for quite a surprise.

What swing?
  • Rosered3333
    Options

What swing?

The baby's swing. It's a Fisher Price rainforest swing with music and a mobile, and it's super cute. We got it from my sister in law. I read somewhere that one way to get pets used to a baby coming into the house is to make sure that you set up as much of the baby's living area as far ahead of time as possible. Honestly, I know that my cats are just going to have to get used to the baby in their own time, but setting up the stuff makes me feel better. :smile:
  • SamanthaJ0310
    SamanthaJ0310 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling great glucose test was negative and everything else has been normal lately.
  • Nataliaho
    Options

What swing?

The baby's swing. It's a Fisher Price rainforest swing with music and a mobile, and it's super cute. We got it from my sister in law. I read somewhere that one way to get pets used to a baby coming into the house is to make sure that you set up as much of the baby's living area as far ahead of time as possible. Honestly, I know that my cats are just going to have to get used to the baby in their own time, but setting up the stuff makes me feel better. :smile:

Ha that's funny, I got the exact same one and bought it from my trainers SIL... How were you planing to use it?

We're hopefully going to set up our nursery on Sunday, I can't wait :)
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!! :D I'm 30 weeks as of last Sunday, due 3/31/13. I have gained 29lbs n I can't wait to meet baby boy #2. I've started walking to control my weight gain... It would be great to not go above 35-40lbs for this pregnancy
  • SarahKat81
    SarahKat81 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    So glad someone started a thread for March babies! We are expecting our second boy on March 17th, St. Patrick's day. Our first will be 10 on March 11th, so they will be almost exactly 10 years apart...We wanted to wait till I finished my teaching degree...then it turned into waiting till I got settled in a teaching position...which turned into waiting till I finished my Master's. It was just never the "right time." On days when I am so exhausted I can't get off the couch after work, I wonder what we were thinking starting all over!! :ohwell:
    I am 31 years old (21 when I had our first) and it seems like I am gaining more everywhere with this one. With our first born all the weight seemed to stay in my belly...but I feel like this time I am getting it in my butt and legs too. I am 5'4" and hovered between 130-135 prepreggers and at 31 weeks I was 152. I feel sooo icky and flabby. I have an appt tomorrow and I am sure I have gained a few more pounds since that last visit. I am really hoping to lose all the baby weight. I plan on breast feeding and starting the 30 day shred as soon as I get the green light from my doc. Hoping to find motivation and inspiration on MFP to get my butt up after having this kid!
    Is anyone else worrying about getting the weight off postbaby?? I am trying not to worry, but I just feel so gross!!
  • Mrshotwing
    Mrshotwing Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I worked my butt off right before we found out we were expecting. Also completed the 30 day Shred and ripped in 30. They really do work. I am due sometime between march 4th and march 9th. Dr. is not really sure of the due date because My cycle was thrown off due to having my IUD removed right before we got preggo. I am extremely worried about the weight, and getting back into shape. maybe once we both have our boys and get the Ok from the Dr we can do the Shred together and motivate each other. Feel free to add me. :)
  • miami_mimi
    Options
    I agree with you two fellow mommies! Getting pregnant again was and is a dream come true, our first son will be 7 this summer! I told hubby, that's it, no more waiting, it's gotta happen! So here I am, I have gained nearly 30lbs at 30 weeks... It scares me that I'm 31 n my metabolism n ability to lose weight will be very sloooow! I plan to breastfeed for one year just like I did with my older son n I will start running as soon as I am given the ok.. I miss running, I got paranoid n stopped when I learned I was pregnant. I think that by having a plan now, it will help me to stay focus once my bundle of joy is here :D
  • SarahKat81
    SarahKat81 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am glad to hear that you tried Jillian Michael's DVD and they work! Went to the Dr. today and gained another 3 pounds...so 25 so far. REALLY hoping not to get past a 30 pound gain. Hang in there, guys...not long to go! (Easier said than done, I know!) I am not sure how to add friends, but I would love some some who are going through the same thing to stay motivated. It is scary being older and worried about metabolism slowing down, but just logging in and tracking my food is helping....Come on March!!
  • miami_mimi
    Options
    I sent you a friend request! hope you get it :)
  • beezbee
    beezbee Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm 10 years older than you and have a seven-year-old....totally share your feelings about "what was I thinking???" and the flab. We'll get rid of it! I figure that mamas who stay active on mfp until this late in pregnancy will stick around post partum to work off those pounds. Lets just enjoy these final weeks as much as we can! To squats and kegels for now!:laugh:
    So glad someone started a thread for March babies! We are expecting our second boy on March 17th, St. Patrick's day. Our first will be 10 on March 11th, so they will be almost exactly 10 years apart...We wanted to wait till I finished my teaching degree...then it turned into waiting till I got settled in a teaching position...which turned into waiting till I finished my Master's. It was just never the "right time." On days when I am so exhausted I can't get off the couch after work, I wonder what we were thinking starting all over!! :ohwell:
    I am 31 years old (21 when I had our first) and it seems like I am gaining more everywhere with this one. With our first born all the weight seemed to stay in my belly...but I feel like this time I am getting it in my butt and legs too. I am 5'4" and hovered between 130-135 prepreggers and at 31 weeks I was 152. I feel sooo icky and flabby. I have an appt tomorrow and I am sure I have gained a few more pounds since that last visit. I am really hoping to lose all the baby weight. I plan on breast feeding and starting the 30 day shred as soon as I get the green light from my doc. Hoping to find motivation and inspiration on MFP to get my butt up after having this kid!
    Is anyone else worrying about getting the weight off postbaby?? I am trying not to worry, but I just feel so gross!!
  • Rosered3333
    Options
    :smile: Hi ladies! Just checking to see how everyone is.

I overdid it last night in the most ridiculous way possible: I got a strange burst of energy and I danced around my kitchen to Louis Prima (he wrote and sang the song "I Wanna Be Like You" from "Jungle Book") and I was twisting my torso a bit and I'm sure hilarious to watch. Today, my ribs are sore from actually twisting them.

If my work asks why I need to go home early today, it's because the baby is growing upwards and it's really hard to breathe, NOT because I decided to dance. Just in case they ask :wink: