Men = chicken?

Options

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I approach a man if I'm interested. I just don't have it in me to keep it to myself for very long.

I've also been turned down before too. I'm sure a couple of those guys got their jollies by gossiping with their "brahs" about how they are such hot **** girls come to them and they have to turn them down.

I don't give a *kitten*. If a person is so pathetic that they have to ridicule others for something so perfectly innocent as APPROACHING then they've got bigger things in their life to worry and I consider it a bullet dodged. Who wants that?

On the same note, if you avoid approaching someone you are interested in because you are worried that *GASP* a stranger might make a snide comment to other *GASP* strangers? BAWKBAWKBAWKBAWWWWWWWK thdancingchicken.gif. Have fun with that paradox.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I have recently joined the online dating world .. I live in a teeny tiny town without a lot of dating prospects.

Every single day I have had men message me, wink at me, favorite me, message me again .. and again .. even though I have never responded. I have a list of 65 men who put me in the "wants to date me chategory".

I have put up every different pic I could think of so they could see exactly who they were getting. Curly hair, straight hair, pony tail, baseball hat, body shots, etc.

WTF. Where are all these men in real life?? Could it be that men just don't have the guts to come up to me in person, but when they are SURE that I want to date they then can say hey? I even had one man tell me that he has seen me at my job and thought I was absolutely beautiful but didn't have the courage to talk to me. What gives. Are you men all chicken?

Why don't you have the "guts" to go talk to them.

/thread

Edit: inb4 gender roles
  • slap1225
    slap1225 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Personally, I don't really like women who are "waiting for men". I don't go towards these women.

This is one of my major red flags, actually... In a few words, for me it means the girl is going to be boring and annoying.
    With this (passive) behaviour in the early stage, I expect the girl to be very passive in the future relationship (not a very fun person, never organising something crazy) and also very demanding (as I would be the "entertainer", the girl would always turn to me and asks "what should we do now?" and "say something fun").
    I feel a woman like this would drag me down.
    [/quote]

Sad for you! Judging people that you have never spoken too seems like maybe someone needs a little more attention than he is willing to give.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    I have recently joined the online dating world .. I live in a teeny tiny town without a lot of dating prospects.

Every single day I have had men message me, wink at me, favorite me, message me again .. and again .. even though I have never responded. I have a list of 65 men who put me in the "wants to date me chategory".

I have put up every different pic I could think of so they could see exactly who they were getting. Curly hair, straight hair, pony tail, baseball hat, body shots, etc.

WTF. Where are all these men in real life?? Could it be that men just don't have the guts to come up to me in person, but when they are SURE that I want to date they then can say hey? I even had one man tell me that he has seen me at my job and thought I was absolutely beautiful but didn't have the courage to talk to me. What gives. Are you men all chicken?

/thread

Edit: inb4 gender roles

She didn't say whether or not she approached. She was specifically referencing men who admit they are too chicken to approach.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    this topic is horse****. If you are getting what you want, maybe you should look at what you are doing instead of what others aren't doing.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Sad for you! Judging people that you have never spoken too seems like maybe someone needs a little more attention than he is willing to give.
    Well... sad maybe, but I have to make a choice somehow.
    Unfortunately for these people I have never spoken to, there are too many people on this planet for me to speak to all of them, so if I don't receive any positive/obvious signals they will stay in their corner.
    As far as I'm aware, they are fine with that.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

Two big factor in all of this are time and easy access to women. It only takes 2 minutes to shoot off a decent e-mail and there are a ton of chics that merely a click away. Time and access.

This is also why so many men find it easy to cheat online. They can mass e-mail a bunch of women hope for the best.

Side note: Good topic Jen. Much more entertaining than your "What's your favorite song" or "I'm feeling Twirly" posts :)
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't really like women who are "waiting for men". I don't go towards these women.

This is one of my major red flags, actually... In a few words, for me it means the girl is going to be boring and annoying.
    With this (passive) behaviour in the early stage, I expect the girl to be very passive in the future relationship (not a very fun person, never organising something crazy) and also very demanding (as I would be the "entertainer", the girl would always turn to me and asks "what should we do now?" and "say something fun").
    I feel a woman like this would drag me down.

Ha... this is funny. I happen to be a flirtbag and if someone flirts back? Great. If not, no big deal.
    But I am one that still has an old fashioned sense of "romance" in my mind and I want the guy to approach.
    Does that mean I'm perhaps quiet when you first meet me? Maybe.
    Does it mean I'm passive and boooooooooooooring?
    Ha ha ha NO. Total opposite, bud.

Me thinks you're missing out on a lot of cool chicks, brah.

Edited to add: BWAAAAK! :wink:
  • slap1225
    slap1225 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Insecurity from both sexes leads to a lot of missed opportunities. Who knows you approach someone not expecting anything just being nice may lead to something great. Going out of your comfort zone might actually help make freinds and for those with friends it may help get you out of the friend zone. if someone is interesting ( looks or personality) can't hurt to give them a chance. Who knows you may end up enjoying it.
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options

BAWKBAWKBAWKBAWWWWWWWK thdancingchicken.gif.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Side note: Good topic Jen. Much more entertaining than your "What's your favorite song" or "I'm feeling Twirly" posts :)

I took it as a subtle "I'm feeling Twirly" post, as in "I'm feeling Twirly, where are the REAL MEN to do something about it?"

Could have been a misread, though...

--P
  • Jennifer2387
    Options

I took it as a subtle "I'm feeling Twirly" post, as in "I'm feeling Twirly, where are the REAL MEN to do something about it?"

--P

total misread .. not about that at all.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

--P

P, is it just me, or does that also look like a big time backhanded compliment?
  • The_Iron
    The_Iron Posts: 288
    Options
    Keyboard courage.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options

--P

P, is it just me, or does that also look like a big time backhanded compliment?

It reads like a backhanded compliment, but I don't think it was intentional.

--P
  • Jennifer2387
    Options
    I mean this is truly something I don't understand. The guy who said he sees me at work and was afraid to ask me out because he thought I was too pretty.. what makes it different .. he is going to see me at work anyway .. after he has approached me online.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    2hfmezk.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't resist...
  • Jennifer2387
    Options

If there was someone I wanted to ask out .. I would. I wouldn't go online and say oh .. I wanted to ask you out in person, but didn't. But I can now do it online .. whatevs.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I mean this is truly something I don't understand. The guy who said he sees me at work and was afraid to ask me out because he thought I was too pretty.. what makes it different .. he is going to see me at work anyway .. after he has approached me online.
    Some people are shy and find it easier sending an email than approaching some in real life. What's not to understand? Also maybe he didn't realize you were single and looking until he saw you online.
  • Jennifer2387
    Options
    Some people are shy and find it easier sending an email than approaching some in real life. What's not to understand? Also maybe he didn't realize you were single and looking until he saw you online.

Shy or chicken ..