Introductions!

Options
newdaydawning79
newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
Hi everyone! Thought I'd kick this off, and I hope our loving creator doesn't mind!! :)

I'm Angela, from Lansing, Michigan, and I'm a foodaholic. ;)

All joking aside, I love the idea of a little goal such as this to get us motivated and going. Six pounds sounds so DOABLE...much better than the 118+ I'm looking to lose total!

Let's get it going!

Replies

• ladykaey
    ladykaey Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Little gaols work great! This reminded me of a really interesting lifehacker peice I read:

http://lifehacker.com/5975824/gamify-your-life-a-guide-to-incentivizing-everything

:D

Hi, I'm Kaetlyn!
  • luceeleanor
    luceeleanor Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello!

So funny that we posted topics at the same time! Great minds most definitely think alike!

I picked a do able goal like this because I think so many people get disheartened by picking a huge goal and never reaching it! If some people don't lose 6lbs, well that's ok because we all lose weight at different rates!

So glad you joined the group!

L x
  • SemiSweet510
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm Jess & I'm ready for this challenge! I know everyone will succeed
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Hi Kaetlyn, Luce and Jess! We've got this!
  • lilrudegal
    lilrudegal Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Sam :)

It's so nice to have something to look forward to for Valentines, and all you lovely people to share it with! (I have a history of disappointing, or down right disasterous, Valentines day's). Good luck everyone, 6 lbs is totally do-able with all this support xxx
  • luceeleanor
    Options
    Hi Sam! Thanks for joining the group. Fingers crossed we will all have something to be happy about on valentines day!
  • tnt7787
    tnt7787 Posts: 48
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tara. I have only been on MFP one week and my weight loss right now is 2 lbs. 6 lbs. by Valentines, let's do this!!
  • luceeleanor
    Options
    Hi Tara!

Congratulations on the 2lbs, excellent! We can definitely do 6lbs if we all stick at it! X
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Bree, 23 from the UK. Looking forward to this challenge!

6lbs by Valentines day.. 2lbs a week, eek! Better get my butt back in the gym tomorrow!
  • HOLLEE85
    Options
    Hi I'm Holly from Canada.......I'm really hoping I can make this goal.....I don't have a lot left to lose so losing is getting harder. Fingers crossed......I'm excited to see how well everybody does.
  • emmgetsfit
    emmgetsfit Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    emm from florida
    excited about losing the 6lbs
    even more excited about eating take out chinese while watching scary movies on V-Day!!
  • BruhManFif
    BruhManFif Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Curtis from Texas here. Glad to be here.

I've been struggling the past week. I know what I need to do, but have been falling short in the "doing it" (heehee) department. This group is just what I need to kickstart things.
  • micabrito2012
    micabrito2012 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Michelle from Buckeye, AZ! Not going to give up, so bring it!
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Matt from Georgia, here. I hate V-Day, so this gives me something to look forward to in Feb.
  • kmelissa02
    Options
    I'm Kyla from OK. I have gained 4lbs since I started watching what I eat, counting calories & exercising. I want all 6lbs totally gone by valentines. My best motivation is my daughter & getting healthy.
  • ElicitDreams
    ElicitDreams Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm Jen and I'm from Orlando, FL.

I just recently got back into actively trying to lose weight, so this is a great motivator.
  • minikhan95
    minikhan95 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Aisha here from Texas! Feel free to add me! We so got this! :)
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Ashley, from NC, and I'm tired of having a date with Ben 'N Jerry on Valentines day.

I thought this was a fun challenge because it is doable and a short-term goal...much less stressful then my long term goal (100 lbs to lose)

I'm working out at Curves for Women and trying to stay at 1200 calories/day. I really want to see these results!

Also, my 21st birthday is in August and I want to look FABULOUS for my party.
  • ScreamingUnicorn
    ScreamingUnicorn Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Paige.

6 lbs will officially make me pre pregnancy weight, a goal that has alluded me for the last 4 years now! It's amazing to me to think I might finally reach this goal after being convinced for the last few years that it wasn't possible, but here I am 4 months postpartum from my second child and I am so close I can taste it.

I'm sure my valentines day will be lovely as I am blessed with a good man and lovely children but there is nothing that makes a special day even better than to feel good in your own skin! If... no, WHEN I lose this 6 lbs, this Valentines will not only be about celebrating the love I share with my family, but it will be about celebrating love for myself!
  • amrie81
    amrie81 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

I'm Amy and I live in North Texas. I love these groups that have short term goals! So motivating and not near as daunting!