Bananas

Options
pishicat
pishicat Posts: 25 Member
I feel I am going bananas with all the water requirement...but i am trying to stay positive and drink all the H2O that he wants us to.

For the fruit, can we have bananas ? I thought i read some place that it is not recommended since it has alot of calories

Replies

• cristieg
    cristieg Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't think he restricts bananas. He specifically mentions them as a fruit option in week 3. I usually just add 1/2 of a banana to my smoothie if I'm in the mood for one. Bananas are high in calories and sugars, so I would just make sure you stay within your calories guidelines if you have one as a snack.

I hear you on the water!!! I've been running to the bathroom like crazy!
  • pishicat
    Options
    I don't think he restricts bananas. He specifically mentions them as a fruit option in week 3. I usually just add 1/2 of a banana to my smoothie if I'm in the mood for one. Bananas are high in calories and sugars, so I would just make sure you stay within your calories guidelines if you have one as a snack.

I hear you on the water!!! I've been running to the bathroom like crazy!

oooooo... i've been putting a whole banana in my oatmeal for meal 1 each day. yikes!
  • cristieg
    cristieg Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That's probably just fine. Are you counting that as your fruit or are you eating fruit in addition to that? As long as you count it, you should be alright!
  • pishicat
    Options
    That's probably just fine. Are you counting that as your fruit or are you eating fruit in addition to that? As long as you count it, you should be alright!

counting that as my fruit of meal 1
  • michele73
    michele73 Posts: 102
    Options
    I eat a banana several times a week and it has not been a problem. Sometimes, I only use half in my chocolate protein shake. I also have lots of trouble drinking my water. I have been so cold this winter and I have been having a lot of hot tea without milk. and it still has me in the bathroom all day.
  • pishicat
    Options
    I eat a banana several times a week and it has not been a problem. Sometimes, I only use half in my chocolate protein shake. I also have lots of trouble drinking my water. I have been so cold this winter and I have been having a lot of hot tea without milk. and it still has me in the bathroom all day.

yeah, its winter here as well and real hard to drink even room temp water, brrrr. woke up to snow and couldn't get to the gym. hopefully roads will be clear by afternoon and i can get there...otherwise, may need to skip exercise today .