Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Clothes with grip ??

Jessi_Brooks
Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
What do you girls wear while pole dancing? I usually wear booty shorts and a sports bra, sometimes with a tank top.

I want to show my friends a few moves Ive learned that involve grip with my sides and Im a bit self concious of my stomach, are there any kind of tops I can wear with material that wont slip or make it more difficult to grip?

Replies

• helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Any clothes apart from leather and PVC and the like will not provide extra grip. But if you're showing off moves like the gemini or scorpio etc., once you'd really comfortable in the move you'll be fine without the side grip. Eventually! You'll take it more in the knee-pit as your hamstring gets stronger and more coordinated.
  • lori_en
    lori_en Posts: 133 Member
    I just wear a normal vest top with my pole shorts, I've never relied on gripping with my side unless I really have to with certain moves (very conscious about my bloated belly!).
    As Helenium said, there aren't any clothes that will give you that extra grip so it might just be worth getting used to not having the grip with your side, if you're that conscious about your stomach and you want to show your friends...
  • Jessi_Brooks
    I wasn't really looking for clothes to add grip, just something that wouldn't slip and make the trick more difficult. I have managed the scorpio and Gemini a few times with a tight tank on, so I'll keep practicing since i am getting better. I did think of the option top wear a monokini, but I don't own one.
  • lori_en
    lori_en Posts: 133 Member
    I did think of the option top wear a monokini, but I don't own one.

Worth investing in one for pole?!
  • Jessi_Brooks
    I did think of the option top wear a monokini, but I don't own one.

Worth investing in one for pole?!

Lol yes, I agree! I've looked up a few nice ones online :-)
  • PoleBoy
    PoleBoy Posts: 255 Member
    I usually just wear this
    HipHold-HandsOn.jpg

normal cotton tank top; American Apparel unisex cotton PT shorts

(I'll not bore you with the complicated arrangement of undergarments to keep "the boys" safe.)
  • FH36251
    FH36251 Posts: 44 Member
    Hahaha our Spinderfella's have similar issues Mr Poleboy!

Re clothes that grip/ with grip... if I'm training, i wear a sports tank and boyshorts. If I'm performing I wear a Monokini and boy shorts. Preference, I guess. One of the ladies i train with isn't happy about getting her belly etc out, and so has customised a leotard with pvc-type fabric down each side, which provides grip in the Scorpio/ Gemini/ Jade etc places. and it looks fooping awesome.

You can also get custom cut-out leotards; I've ordered one for my next performance. Like a monokini, but a bit more unique! (I have to wear a crapload of tit-tape with my monokini, and I have no knockers, I dread to think how more well endowed ladies would cope!!).

A