W2D2...ugh!

Options
I'm feeling pretty crappy tonight...I just did W2D2 and my legs were on FIRE! I'm not out of breath while I'm running, in fact if it wasn't for my calf pain I would keep on going! Not sure what the heck is going on. I haven't had any problems until now and it is really making me frustrated! Just thought I'd vent for a minute and see if anyone else has had the same experience.

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!
    How fast are you running? Could you slow down a little bit? Sometimes we start out too quickly and that causes pain and possible harm sometime. Speed will come as you move along in the program. For now, concentrate on finishing the day's program and keep it slow.
    I'm still a very slow jogger but am finding that the speed is slowly coming along.

Stick with it and keep posting here. There's a lot of support and enthusiasm.
  • mleparton
    Options
    I've been running at 4.5 to 5 anything slower than that and I feel like I should be walking. I know it takes time....I was really excited to run today and when I started it hurt. I pushed through it though, so I'm just hoping my next run on friday everything is ok.
  • Tina0488
    Tina0488 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had a hard Time with w2 d2 also. today I did w2 d3 and didn't even break a sweat! push through it. my calls hurt too. I think it means we need more water
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I would agree with Tina that you might need to be more hydrated before your runs. You should also be stretching before and after. Calves, hamstrings, quads - they all let me know when I don't take care of them enough. "You expect us to carry you butt for a 4 mile run? Give us some TLC." {yes, I carry on internalized conversations with my muscles. lol}
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Calf pain could be to do with your running technique and type of shoe you are wearing. I stretch before and afterwards also a couple of times during the day. My calf muscles are naturally very tight so to avoid injury I need to stretch alot.