Week 3 Brides Distraction: Hair and Makeup

Options
lawyerette
lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
Ladies - what are you doing for hair and makeup???

A while ago, one of you mentioned hair and makeup for the wedding. With a wedding at the beach, I really hadn't given the topic that much thought. Even when I cut my hair off in November, I didn't really think about it much. Then I went to try on my veil this past weekend. OMG am I glad I did before ordering it. Looks like I'm back to the drawing board for hair/veil. I should probably also consider having my makeup done.

Anyone have advice for short hair? I will post about long hair shortly. I have TONS of ideas for long hair to share. Just stumped for short (and I'm not growing it out before May).

Looking forward to seeing your ideas :)

Replies

• lawyerette
    Options
    Here are my favorites for medium to longish hair. Enjoy!

2qs82sh.jpg

5nyvt.jpg

nxj6oj.jpg

9tie7a.jpg

x3u747.jpg

2zq7mrk.jpg

hvqon8.jpg

2zsbds6.jpg

2motjk7.jpg

29ypab8.jpg

2wbt4wz.jpg
  • ibfree1027
    ibfree1027 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to post pictures on here...but I really like waterfall braids! I love that look and I am thinking about trying it!
  • rubixcyoob
    Options
    I'll post my favourite hair ideas in a minute, but Elizabeth for short hair why not just soft curls like these two:

2ij3o6v.jpg
    wvycmr.jpg

With a little hair slide like the first picture, or something along the lines of a flower like this:

2expums.jpg

Or headbands like this:

35cj3nc.jpg
    72zj1d.jpg

Or if you had your heart set on a veil why not a birdcage veil, it wouldn't swamp shorter hair, and would look quite good with a beach setting as it goes with the relaxed atmosphere:

2e1rwvq.jpg
    149qznt.jpg
  • kikiallain
    kikiallain Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've been lucky enought to model in a couple of bridal shows which has given me kind of trials with my hair... it's very important to do trials because at first it hought i wanted an updo... but after these couple of bridal shows.. i'm realising i want more of a flowy curly loose do!! I feel it makes me look more natural and makes my neck seem less long!!

My makeup i'm getting done professionally... getting the air brush done.. veyr excited.
  • CGPrincessWarrior
    CGPrincessWarrior Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've been growing my hair out ever since I knew I had found the one :) I want long loose curls but maybe with some up and some down because I am wearing a hair piece that my mom gave me when I made my debut so I need a way to wear that. My mom thinks I look prettier when I wear my hair down so I'm going to try that and see if I like it (I wear my hair up every day so it might be tough haha).

I never wear makeup so I'm not sure what I will do for that. I might have a friend do it just to have some makeup on but since I'm not a huge makeup person I don't want to look fake. I've got plenty of time to decide at least :)
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I have no ideas on short hair, sorry! I want to cut my hair so bad but I want it long for the wedding.

My best friend and maid of honor is a stylist. She's going to be doing my hair and make-up for me. She did my make-up for my first wedding and I loved it, so I completely trust her to do it again.
  • lawyerette
    Options
    I tried to keep it long, but I just couldn't take it anymore. The current pic of me up here is actually longer than it is. It's boy short. Not longer than Anne Hathaway's in this pic

kdq1yd.jpg

PS- for those who don't know how to post pics, go to www.tinypic.com. Upload your pic. Use the second link down (with IMG before and after). REMEMBER to change the all caps "IMG" to "img" on both ends (without altering anything else in the link) or it won't come up.

:)
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Instead of a really bulky piece for your hair, could you maybe just pin some of your bangs (if you have them) to the side with a really pretty barette or bobby pin? I think simple would be better with it so short. Do you want a long veil or birdcage?
  • Jill4165
    Jill4165 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I know it can be so hard to find ideas for short wedding hair. Mine is short too sort of an A-line bob. I considered growing it out but I figured that is not me and I might look a little weird with long hair since I have never had long hair. So I'm keeping my short cut. I think I'll keep my bangs kind of in a blunt bold straight across (I have been loving Michelle Obamas new hair!) I think shorter birdcage veils are so cute with short hair. Since my whole wedding is sort of out of the 1960s I am thinking of doing a really poofy short veil with a bow in the front. As for make up I dont want anything overpowering. I really want a cat eye and neutral make up.
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Not using a veil ---

My hair is shoulder length.
    For years (like 20 plus) I have been wearing my hair up for work (military). Even on the weekends, I was wearing a ponytail or up.
    Now, I can be at work with what I am calling "REAL PERSON HAIR." Today, what my hair looks like is very similiar to my high school senior pic (and was over 25 years ago ).

I do like spiral curls.... think early 90s Mariah Carey...
    Today's flat iron, straight hair -- that is me naturally and ladies -- it is not nice looking on me.
    So, I will get my once a year spiral curl in the upcoming 6 weeks... by the time the wedding -- the curls will more relaxed.

For the wedding - I may ask the stylist to pin up the sides and make the curls more noticeable in the back. Thinking this because I don't know what September weather will be like. If the wind is blowing I don't want my hair to be all over the place.
    Basically, I need to ask the stylist for suggestions

Note: I am a wash/go kinda style girl --- if it involves blow drying or flat irons or curling rods -- forget it....
    Thus to get more than a yearly perm and maintenance hair cuts -- that's a lot for me!
  • rubixcyoob
    Options
    If I grow my hair, these are the styles I like:

For hair up:

i4qt8i.jpg
    1pt061.jpg
    2cxfdbq.jpg
    288te1v.jpg

For hair down:

9bgjeq.jpg
    2zojerk.jpg

For a side braid:

nmn407.jpg
    df8yhl.jpg
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I really don't know what I'm doing for my hair yet. I will figure that out after I get my dress. I know I need to have it in a way where the wind doesn't blow it in my face as I will be on a beach and it's pretty much 100% guaranteed to get a bit windy.

This one I LOVE because it's so different, but I don't know if i will do it or not.
    http://pinterest.com/pin/383368986999687341/

I like this one because I like the curls and hairpin.
    http://pinterest.com/pin/383368986999763135/

This is one of the few full updo's that I like, I don't like much of the updo styles.
    http://pinterest.com/pin/383368986999683061/

I will probably do something similar to the middle one as that's what I'm liking more. But it will depend on the dress I get and whether I think I should have a half up do or a full up do with my dress..

As for make-up. I'm going to do my own, and I will ONLY be doing mascara, and possibly some eye-shadow, but we will see. I rarely ever wear make-up as it is, and I feel if I get a full face done on my wedding day that I will feel fake, and not me, so I'm going with just mascara and possible eye-shadow.
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    OspreyVista -- suggest waterproof mascara.
    I am similiar -- don't wear a lot of make-up (goes along w/the wash & go hair). Also planning on doing my own make-up.

Then I can carry make-up items in my purse for touch-ups. Items like lipstick, eyeliner, mascara.
  • Tinker1208
    Options
    I hope this picture shows...If it does, this is what I was thinking for my hair! BUT I am a hairstylist and have TOO many ideas!! LOL but this is the one I fell in love with first! i will need extensions deffinitly!!
    4q5xqx.jpg