ZCUT DVDs

Options
LMP1979
LMP1979 Posts: 54 Member
My ZCUTs arrived this morning! I was so happy. Anyone else get them yet?

Here's my run down. I completed Workout #1 which was about 8-10 minutes long. I'm really glad Zuzana continues to encourage proper form and include some modifications. She goes through the proper way of completing each exercise. A warm up and cool down section are included on the videos separately from the workouts themselves. I kinda wish she'd go through explaining more of what muscle groups each workout is focusing on more. It seemed the warm up was more leg heavy than arms and upper body. Extra Ab workout available on DVD #1.

Zcut DVD #1

Warm Up – Dynamic warm up, walkout pushups, squats, reverse lunges, side lunges, RDL stretch, side twists. *end. This warm up wasn't to get your heart too up and racing but it felt really good.

Work Out #1 : Competition Burpees, Jump Tucks, Jump lunges, crab kickups, Jack kicks = GREAT workout.

Cool Down: About 7 minutes and some great stretches.

Replies

• SammyKatt13
    SammyKatt13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have mine already, but I'm waiting to start them In Feb. Right now I'm just doing the ZWOW's
  • crysfit7
    Options
    I like Zuzana's exercises, but I have terrible rural internet (and a 10 GB/month cap). Youtube videos use up my data allowance really quickly, assuming I can even get them to load.

I ordered her videos from amazon yesterday, using a reshipper company to get them to Canada. I'm hoping I won't get dinged too heavily with extra fees. I'm looking forward to being able to actually play her workouts more often.
  • LMP1979
    LMP1979 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Exciting! I was surprised the DVDs ended up being as affordable as they were. I'm not disappointed one bit yet...other than all my water weight gain from sore muscles, ha ha.
  • sradams1
    sradams1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love the Zuzka Light workouts! I am doing them Monday through Friday and the Insaniity on Sat. with Sundays off.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I was considering ordering these, just wanted to see what others think!
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    She uploaded a chat today that said she would start going through them on Sunday to be sure that people understand them. She said that she filmed them all in a very short amount of time but hasn't actually done the workout's her self. That says something about how filming works for these type of videos. I'll be tuning in on Sunday to see what they are like. While I like Zuka's workouts I'm not sure the DVD's would really get played all that often. I have several DVD's of routines I liked at the time that now just gather dust.
  • sradams1
    sradams1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My ZCUTS have arrived!! I'm going to start them on 2/25. Very Excited!
  • smustakeem
    Options
    I just received my DVDS and am on Day 2 (still on Workout #1 b/c I wanted to get it right since I am out of shape). She will kick your butt and in a short amount of time! I reduced my time by 15 mins in one day, just by pushing myself hard b/c she is motivating in a nice way.

Given my schedule I am fine with doing the warm up, workout, and a cool down. Trust me my body is burning on fire from these very short HIIT workouts.

Definitely worth the investment, 15 dollars for 3 DVDs...can't beat it!
  • kelfran1
    kelfran1 Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    My DVDs came on Friday. I popped them in and did the first workout (been a while since I exercised.) Saturday I was too sore to move and today (Sunday) I am still sore. I will get back to it tomorrow, though workout 2 seems intimidating.

My biggest concern is that I teach on Mon/Wed and I am trying not to look like a poorly manipulated marionette in front of my class. I've been hobbling around all weekend after the first day of workout. That is most of why I didn't exercise today, so I don't look like a fool tomorrow.

Is anyone else starting these DVDs straight from being a couch potato? Does the soreness subside on further workouts or is it just different muscles that are sore the next time around?
  • char2009
    char2009 Posts: 68
    Options
    I just got my DVDs the other day! But I didn't get a calendar with mine. They said they are shipping it....hoping I don't have to wait another three weeks to get it though...so I'm not sure of what kind of schedule I should be doing with it but so far I've just went through each workout each day...no days off right?? Do I pop in the second DVD when in done doing the first? And when do I do the bonus abs? Whenever? I've been super sore each day, today was day three. I find my neck and back stiff.. I know know I have abs....(under all the fluff underneath) even driving the truck hurts them! :) loving the burn though... What is everyone doing for diet??
  • kelfran1
    kelfran1 Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    I replied to your question about the Month 1 program on the other ZCut thread and then I found this link: http://zuzkalight.com/2013/03/zcut-power-cardio-program-month-2/ that shows the month 1 calendar that Zuzka filled out. If you can zoom in, you can see the workout schedule.

I'm not doing anything special for diet. Just eating the same I have been. Of course, my goal is to get healthy, not necessarily lose weight, but I have noticed being hungrier on workout days (I'm only on the first week myself.)
  • lissaloue
    lissaloue Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Power Yoga DVDS, SAAAAWEEEEEET!!! :happy: