A few questions!

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
Ok, first of all during the jumpstart phase I think you have to do 2 workouts a day. Did you do this? Home all day with a very active 3 year old and I can do one workout before he wakes up but don't know when I can fit the 2nd on in!

Also, did anyone do the program without taking a break? I'm going on vacation in April and was wondering if I can just go for a run everyday instead of having to drag my dvd's and workout gear with me.

Also, did anyone have any alcohol while doing this program? I hate having to give up my wine but if I have to then by all means I will to see some results.

Thanks so much!

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Options
    Oh, also forgot to ask if I can do my 3 mile runs on Saturday instead of doing her cardio dvd and there are times when I can get my mother in law to watch my son during the week so I can go for a run. Am I "allowed" to workout more than once a day while on the regular program or do I need to just stick with the dvd's and skip my runs?

Any other info would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
  • erinkelly77
    Options
    I am VERY new and not a doctor/professional - so this may not be helpful to you:

The kickstart is optional. You do NOT have to do it. I opted to not do the Cardio 1 discs in the evening - because I try to run or hit the gym for some other cardio. I think chasing kids is a workout in itself. So if you don't have time to do a 2nd DVD - you'll be fine.

I can't imagine not being allowed to work out. I think if you listen to your body - rest when you need to it - push when you can - you will be fine.

And I will absolutely be taking a break for a few long weekends. I will be traveling around St. Patty's Day and again for a week in April. The week in April I will run and hit the gym when I can. But St. Patty's Day I will not.

I also am not giving up alcohol. I don't drink much, nor do I drink every day. But if I want a glass of wine (or three) with a dinner out, I'm having it. I will tell you later if it has an impact on my progress - but 5 days in, and I am fine (I had beer during day 1) and already feeling results.

GOOD LUCK!
  • KTyuen
    KTyuen Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Just my opinion - but it's not too terribly difficult to get two workouts in (it's only six days) but it definitely takes some pre-planning. I work three days a week and am home with our 4 year old and a ten month old on the other days. I have gotten up early every day this week to work out in the a.m. and shower before kids wake up and I leave for work or start our day. Then, I get second workout in after they go to bed - around 8pm, which I don't particulary enjoy waiting until 8 to workout, but I am trying to remember that getting both workouts in is really beneficial and it's time I can focus on only me.

I would do the cardio one dvd, and not skip it - because as she says - it is a building block for what's to come later in the dvd series. I don't think it's a problem to add additional cardio - but I wouldn't skip it. If you don't want to give up running, maybe you could do that as a cardio addition instead of the cardio dvd as a second work out - but still do the cardio dvd on the cardio workout days? - Does that make sense?

Jillian does list alcohol as a "no" food. It's up to you whether you want to follow her food guidelines. I am going to do my darndes to follow her food guide to a "T" but I'm sure we will all have our vices. I think chocolate on valentine's day will be mine. I'm only on day 6 so I've been good and ate on program so far (including a child's bday party) but - it's only been six days. This weekend we are headed up to my in-laws for a Chinese New Year celebration - this will be my first REAL willpower test. So nervous!
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    Thanks so much for the replies! Hubby and I are planning a trip to the virgin islands in April so that week of course I will have some alcohol but I'll still go running in the mornings and make good food choices. My only vice that week will be alcohol. lol!
  • mawmawandlovingit
    mawmawandlovingit Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just started week one and chose NOT to do the kickstart. I work out in the mornings before work and then I walk/run 3-4 days a week and I will throw in something cardio related the other days.

I am not giving up my alcohol (I'm a beer girl) but I will cut back! Working out 6 days a week twice a day, I feel, gives me the permission to indulge every now and then :). Good luck and feel free to add me for support!