Hair + Working Out

Options
gainess
gainess Posts: 80 Member
Hello ladies!! I was wondering if I am the ONLY one that experience this. I love to get my work out done in the mornings. However, sometimes I just don't want to because of the issue of dealing with my hair and trying to still make it presentable for work. I sweat so much when I work out. Is anyone else experiencing this and if so how do you deal with the "hair" situation while trying to stay or get in shape? Also, I've seen many commercials and heard the advertisement for Nicole Ari Parker's Save Your Do Gymwrap; has anyone tried this wrap and if so is it effective? I'm willing to try anything at this point just to make my hair style last longer in between salon visits.

Replies

• NelldaMYLF
    Options
    I kept mine in a pony. Now i put my weave idk what im goin to do. Tonight for kickboxing i think ill braid it tho. One one the girls in my class keeps a scarf on hers durin our workout
  • corris68
    Options
    Good question! I'd like to know too. I get my hair done weekly and wear a pony if it looks bad. I wear a scarf during my workout and tie it tight. I read that the same face blotter towelettes can work on your scalp too. Haven't tried it yet tho.
  • thehairfairi
    thehairfairi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    face blotter? what is that?
  • cyremarie
    cyremarie Posts: 3
    Options
    Using a sweat band may work for you ladies. For those wearing sew ins, which alot of my clients do to avoid swelling of the hair you can pin curl as well. Ladies who may have relaxers might want to wrap or pin curl their hair. Before you unpin or unwrap your hair either use a blow dryer to cool down your scalp or let your hair dry as much as possible naturally. If you experience fuzzy edges:smile: pick yourself up some "Hicks Edge Control" this stuff is the best. This edge control will lay your edges down, provide shine, and moisturizer your hair all at the same time!