AMI Round the Bays 2013 - 7km run

Options
cheekyleonie
cheekyleonie Posts: 140 Member
Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else on here was A) From Wellington and B) Participating in the AMI Round the Bays/ Malaghan institute Run for Research http://www.everydayhero.co.nz/event/runforresearch?

The Malaghan Institute of Medical Research is the Official Charity Partner for AMI Round the Bays fun run and walk. The Malaghan Institute is New Zealand’s leading independent medical research institute and is focused on finding cures for cancer, asthma, arthritis, multiple sclerosis and infectious disease.

As a registered charity, their cutting-edge research is dependent on support from the community, the corporate sector, contestable grants and trusts.

I competed in the Round the Bays 7km run last year and got a time of 41mins 44 seconds. I also raised funds for Breast Cancer and reached $344! This year I am aiming to run in at under 40 mins, and to raise at least $345.

So please reply if you too are doing the run, and share some of your running tips, OR if you'd like to make a donation, please copy and paste the following link into your web browser! (http://www.everydayhero.co.nz/leonie_whiting_3) :flowerforyou:

Replies

• cheekyleonie
    Options
    Haha looks like noone else is ;-)
  • nfrewin
    nfrewin Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I was planning to but unfortunately I now work Sundays so will miss it :(
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I'm not in Wellington, but I have friends / Rellies that are doing it :) Hope it goes well !
  • cheekyleonie
    Options
    Bummer you have to work nfrewin!!
  • BrooksMum
    BrooksMum Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    IM DOING IT!!! =)
  • cheekyleonie
    Options
    IM DOING IT!!! =)
    Awesome, what time are you aiming to get?
  • jazzynazzy1992
    jazzynazzy1992 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am doing it ! First time ever so I have no idea what my goal time would be... but pretty excited and I have heard there is going to be a huge turn out this year. :)
  • spazriel
    spazriel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about doing it - def doing the Hutt fun run with Sarah-Jayne tho!
  • jazzynazzy1992
    jazzynazzy1992 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Also remember if you have signed up for around the bays tick yes on wanting free Les Mills gym training.
    I just went in yesterday and got a free 15 pass to go into the gym until the 17th February. Well worth the 20 bux I payed to do the race :)