LADIES IN THEIR 30'S

Options
blullb
blullb Posts: 37 Member
Hi everybody:)
I am 33 years old and only a few pounds away from goal. Would love to get some conversation going with others in their 30's. I find that losing those last few pounds is alot harder to do now that i have gotten a bit older. When i was in my early 20's, i could lose so much easier. Anybody relate?

Replies

• mandys1979
    mandys1979 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that in my 30s it has been easier to gain weight than to loose it. :(
  • lomins
    lomins Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm here, feeling your pain. It was like a switch was turned off as soon as I turned 30 and that was it. No more quick and easy weight loss. Now I'm 37 and I have to WORK!!

Wait till we hit 40....
  • flowernat
    flowernat Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Same feeling here. 38, mom of 2 girls. Look pretty good, but have a few pounds to shed (anywhere bt 5-8) and they scale won't budge. Already work out a few times a week, eat fairly well and walk a lot. My downfall is eating out on the weekend.
  • JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Yes I started to put on weight in my late teens/early 20s but it was mostly down to eating a lot of takeaways and junk food as well as alcohol when I was a student. When I finally decided to do something about it I lost more than 50 pounds in just 5 months without too much trouble. All I had to do was eat a little more healthily and exercise 3 times a week and I got down to 122 pounds and stayed there until well into my 30s.

I have now gone back up to 145 pounds and have been up and down between 124 and 145 for the last 5 years, I'm now 38 so I put it down partly to my age and also the fact I've messed up my metabolism by going on too many low calorie diets in the past. I'd love to get to around 118 pounds and stay there ideally but it just feels like an impossibility sometimes.
  • blullb
    blullb Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear im not the only one! And i can relate to the "eating on the weekends" problem. I do so well all week and then i wanna treat myself on the weekends, but then that means that the whole next week i always am just working at getting rid of the weekend indulgence weight so i never get any further ahead!!! GRRRRRRRRRR
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    This is so true which is why I have NicNamed it the " Dirty Thirty" I am 36 and I am stuggling with that last 10lbs, which I carry all in my hips, thighs and hinnie. I am a total Pear Shape. Although my mind is done having babies my hips are still prepared. My youngest is 14 years old so it's a wrap. I am going to have to get it done my March 1st I have a wedding in San Diego, CA and a size 8 dress I must fit into (comfortably).. I have done the Brizillian Butt Lift in the past and liked it and just might have to crank it up again..
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I started having trouble losing weight when I turned 28. By the time I turened 30, I started gaining! So frustrating. I hope to gain enough muscle now, so that I don't struggle as much when I hit 40 or 50.

I've finally gotten better at eating on the weekends, but I still need to do better at working out. What a difference 2 more workouts a week could make.
  • Carlabarla23
    Options
    32 years old, have a 15 month old daughter...trying to lose the last 5 lbs!!!! Soooo hard!!
  • elliechoc
    elliechoc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was so slim in my 20's and could eat what i liked, im really struggling now im 36 to get out of the mindset of eating as i please. Id like to loose around 5-8 pounds.
    I like the 'dirty thirty' name, so true!
  • AussieRobbos
    Options
    Hi there! I'm a 38 year old Mum of four, I agree with all of you, that last bit of weight is super hard to shift, especially when you are juggling so many other duties when there are small children that need you!
  • Jrunner
    Jrunner Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 and I use to never count calories (I didn't eat high fat or high calorie foods, just ate a lot) because I exercised everyday. Well, that's not good enough anymore. I have to count calories everyday because of life, I'm not gaurenteed a work out everyday :) And not just any work out...I have to see sweat! Tempo runs and kettle bell are very hard for me. :explode:
  • curvymari77
    Options
    I feel your pain. I'm 35 with three kids and curvy. My butt and hips is my problem area and all my weight goes there. I have to work out extra to get those last pounds off. I'm wanting to tone muy body and it takes forever. Good luck to you and all the women.
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Yup 27-now were very struggley times. I kinda get my body now. We have an understanding. I keep it moving and it won't "move" where I don't want it to...

Mostly my midsection is giving me the worst grief.
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear im not the only one! And i can relate to the "eating on the weekends" problem. I do so well all week and then i wanna treat myself on the weekends, but then that means that the whole next week i always am just working at getting rid of the weekend indulgence weight so i never get any further ahead!!! GRRRRRRRRRR

Yes. The weekend eating. It was such a vicious cycle of doing great and them BAM! Weekend. Finally learning to just continue doing what I'm doing and not pay the price on Monday. We're so wise...
  • Metallux
    Metallux Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    yes! I feel like warning women in their late 20's :) I was actually doing pretty well into my 30's (I'm 35 now) but I had an unexpected miscarriage a few months ago. I suddenly put on 7 pounds and it won't budge--even months later.

I recently got back into the gym and am finally counting calories just to see how my diet actually shakes out. I'm DEFINITELY not taking this weight with me into my 40s!
  • AliciaHollywood
    AliciaHollywood Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I eat a LOT healthier now than when I was in my early twenties, so I really don't notice that much of a change. I used to go to happy hour and eat baskets full of chips and salsa and countless margaritas, junk food with no nutritional value at all, and I have no desire to do that now, I'm happy with organic fruit, yogurt, granola bars, veggies, but alcohol is still a problem, but I try to stick to Chardonnay or vodka with low cal mixers... If I ate like I did in college, I'd be obese with high cholesterol, but I have no desire to eat that way anymore, so it balances out. I weigh four pounds more than I did when I was in college, but eating a totally different and healthy diet. Getting older just made me smarter with my food choices! (Although I do gain weight with alcohol, so that's my biggest problem...)
  • Lammerchops
    Lammerchops Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm freaked out. Everyone is pissing and moaning about the saaaaaame stuff I do!

My metabolism must still be quick, but not nearly as quick as it was in my 20s. Damn you, aging process.

For me, it went like this:
    Under 20: eat whatever you want because it all got torched
    20-30: eat whatever you want, but you'll have to stay active on a regular basis. even if you eat junk, your exercise will burn it off.
    30-32: stop eating crap. and get on the treadmill. only when you combine the two will you hit goal weight.

Hmph. I feel so betrayed...