Why I am here

Options
TssCnn
TssCnn Posts: 114 Member
I am 33 years old. I sent a quick message over to Shane exaplining that over the last three years I have not done too much for myself. I have spent all my time and effort helping out someone else and completely ignored anything I needed. I am now done with that situation and took a look at myself and said what has happened???
I am doing this because I used to be a very healthy person. Ran 5 miles a day. Ate mostly organic (say not to gmo). I felt good about myself. I had clothing that fit. None of that is true anymore. I am a highly motivated person as is. I take failure very hard, so I strive not to fail. I have began to eat healthier then I was. Not quite where I want to be yet and not shopping at organic shops for everything again. I am making those changes slowly, but the def are happening.
I am starting Insanity over on Monday the 28th. I also do RevAbs, but that will be probably 3 times a week. I will follow the Insanity schedule as it is made. Prior to this week I was doing them at random. I do cardio activities at the gym. Shoot basketball almost daily with the boy as well.
I have only just begun so I have not yet come very far, but there has been progress. As of last check there has been a 2 lb loss. Nothing huge, but it was only a week since eating better.
I think I covered pretty much everything. If not, please feel free to ask. Also feel free to add if you would like as well.
Thanks for reading and good luck to all!

Replies

• shanematthews2
    shanematthews2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am 33 years old. I sent a quick message over to Shane exaplining that over the last three years I have not done too much for myself. I have spent all my time and effort helping out someone else and completely ignored anything I needed. I am now done with that situation and took a look at myself and said what has happened???
    I am doing this because I used to be a very healthy person. Ran 5 miles a day. Ate mostly organic (say not to gmo). I felt good about myself. I had clothing that fit. None of that is true anymore. I am a highly motivated person as is. I take failure very hard, so I strive not to fail. I have began to eat healthier then I was. Not quite where I want to be yet and not shopping at organic shops for everything again. I am making those changes slowly, but the def are happening.
    I am starting Insanity over on Monday the 28th. I also do RevAbs, but that will be probably 3 times a week. I will follow the Insanity schedule as it is made. Prior to this week I was doing them at random. I do cardio activities at the gym. Shoot basketball almost daily with the boy as well.
    I have only just begun so I have not yet come very far, but there has been progress. As of last check there has been a 2 lb loss. Nothing huge, but it was only a week since eating better.
    I think I covered pretty much everything. If not, please feel free to ask. Also feel free to add if you would like as well.
    Thanks for reading and good luck to all!

Tess - As I said before, I know how it is. I've been spending all my life helping others and forgetting about myself and I've paid the price. But now, I've refocused. I'm still helping people accomplish their dreams and goals but now, I'm focusing on my own as well! I'm SO happy to have you here with us! I love how much this group has grown and most of all, I love how much all of us help each other to be better than we were the day before and keep pushing play every day! As they say with any change you make in your life -- "CONSISTENCY IS KEY" -- Always be improving and staying consistent and persistent. You're doing a great job and you are a fantastic example of what it takes to accomplish your goals! STRIVE FOR PROGRESS -- NOT PERFECTION!

You are doing amazing and I know you are and will continue to be a valuable asset to our group and helping others END THE TREND! Thank you for your commitment, Tess. It's means a world of difference to those you help!

- Shane
  • TssCnn
    Options
    STRIVE FOR PROGRESS -- NOT PERFECTION!

- Shane

Thank you for the kind words.

That one line is truly amazing! Perfection simply does not exist when it comes to a human body and mind. There is always work to be done. Always.
  • 1sikan
    1sikan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Tess it sounds like you're headed in the right direction! We all have to remember to make ourselves a priority. If we don't take care of ourselves who will and who will be around to take care of those we love if we're not. Keep your head up we'll get through his together!
  • Shellanfit
    Shellanfit Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Welcome ~ glad to hear you are starting to put yourself on the top of your list too. I put everyone's needs first when my kids were small and started taking care of myself better when my kids went to school.
  • TssCnn
    Options
    Thank you for the kind words guys! Feel free to add me. Very excited to get going on a schedule.

Positivity goes long way. It is very underrated.
  • tiffanyheth
    tiffanyheth Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Really glad you're here! Don't dwell on what you use to be, concentrate on what you Hope to be!