Day 18 :)

Options
If we can get a permit I would love to hike Half Dome this year. I'm going to train like we will anyway.

today we set another new record

HIKE

Miles: 4.24
Calories: 664
Time: 1.34

So we actually hiked with a total of 4.24 miles mostly uphill then thru rough terrain (we took a sidetrail) which added on an additional 1.24 to the hike :) this was after the 3.5 mph burn. I did not have the energy I did yesterday but I'm glad I got my butt out there:) Finished up with a high calorie protein shake. I"m going to load up on calories today to mix up my metabolism. I'll probably just add two more high calorie/protein shakes along with my normal. diet. may just do same again tomorrow :) need to get out of this plateau

Replies

• lilmzritz
    lilmzritz Posts: 176
    Options
    If we can get a permit I would love to hike Half Dome this year. I'm going to train like we will anyway.

today we set another new record

HIKE

Miles: 4.24
    Calories: 664
    Time: 1.34

So we actually hiked with a total of 4.24 miles mostly uphill then thru rough terrain (we took a sidetrail) which added on an additional 1.24 to the hike :) this was after the 3.5 mph burn. I did not have the energy I did yesterday but I'm glad I got my butt out there:) Finished up with a high calorie protein shake. I"m going to load up on calories today to mix up my metabolism. I'll probably just add two more high calorie/protein shakes along with my normal. diet. may just do same again tomorrow :) need to get out of this plateau

Great job!!! I'm scared to do Half Dome and I don't know why LOL!

My husband and his brother went last year. I saw the pictures and that place is amazing! I'm very curious about the last part where you have to hold on to cables to climb the steep part of the trail. I'm seriously thinking about it though :)
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Today Day 18:
    30 ds 27 minutes
    3 miles 45 minutes
    Total time: 72 minutes.
  • MerRock
    MerRock Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi All. I felt like I took it too easy on my walking yesterday, so I tried making up for it today. I swam laps for 40 minutes, Ran/Walked for 30 and did my toning/circuit routine for another 20 minutes. So all in all a good day.
  • melaniejo527
    melaniejo527 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    65 min zumba
    30 min track walking
  • Cherrylicious_Curves
    Options
    Today..53minutes of resistance training(sit ups,push ups, squats) total of 656 burned calories... I'm feeling so freakin awesome
  • MelanieSpicegurl
    MelanieSpicegurl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Excellent work everyone !!!
    Happy to report in that I did 73 mins of cardio ( Rally Ball/ jogging on the spot / dancing)
    Nike App said 73 mins. 369 cals burned !!!
    Woo Hoo !!
    Just glad I got it done !!
    I got called in for an extra shift tomorrow night MUST make sure I make a good dinner so I don't blow it!!

Hope everyone has a great Friday !!
  • iconnor
    iconnor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    hey, sorry, i've been feeling really horrible these past few days, but i managed an hour on the bike!