6 month supervised diet- My journey begins

Options
mom2colbyj
mom2colbyj Posts: 119 Member
Hey everyone. Well it's official, I start my journey to the Lap-Band on 1-24-13. I am having to do a 6 month supervised diet per insurance so they will cover it but I'm glad because now I have 6 months to get into the right mindset and begin the life changes I need to do prior to getting banded. I'm excited and I'm scared but I am ready.

Replies

• operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Congrats for getting started on your journey. I am6 months post VGS and am very glad that I did the supervised diet. I learned so much during that time and am thinking of going back to visit that Dr maybe once a month or so.
  • staceyhotmama
    staceyhotmama Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I had RNY Gastric Bypass Dec 06 and also had to do the 6 month supervised diet for insurance. Just remember to have patience and it will go by faster than you think. Good luck on your journey! :smile:
  • lamcnenly
    lamcnenly Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    By the time you read this, your surgery will be over and you'll be starting a brand new life! Today is my one year Bandiversary, and I've lost 94 pounds total. Good luck!
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    That 6 months will fly by before you know it! Congrats :)
  • truckerchic
    truckerchic Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Well it's official, I start my journey to the Lap-Band on 1-24-13. I am having to do a 6 month supervised diet per insurance so they will cover it but I'm glad because now I have 6 months to get into the right mindset and begin the life changes I need to do prior to getting banded. I'm excited and I'm scared but I am ready.

I to have just started my 6 month count down lol Im getting the sleeve, along with my classes and stuff I have to lose 30 lbs. I wasnt happy about having to wait 6 months but I have been obese 35 yrs what is 6 months! Im so excited that there is a light at the end, a tool that with my knowledge will help me reach my goal....we got this!!!
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options

I to have just started my 6 month count down lol Im getting the sleeve, along with my classes and stuff I have to lose 30 lbs. I wasnt happy about having to wait 6 months but I have been obese 35 yrs what is 6 months! Im so excited that there is a light at the end, a tool that with my knowledge will help me reach my goal....we got this!!!

Believe me...that 6 months will fly past! Use this time to start making the habits that you will need to continue after surgery. It will be here before you know it!
  • mandynsnuf
    mandynsnuf Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    The 6 months goes so fast ! Congrats on starting your journey :)