3rd Week Lucky 2013

Options
MarlaStuck
MarlaStuck Posts: 143 Member
Good Morning Super Stars!

Our real troopers are still hanging tough with us, and I have to thank you sincerely, you sooooo encourage me...

I don't weigh in until evening so I won't be posting my check in until tonight. I do this because when I hit goal at night I have HIT GOAL. I will take other measurements shortly so that I don't expand before measuring (still cleaning basement, getting ready for hubby's man cave wet bar installation--my christmas present to him).

I struggled this week hitting my 10,000 steps a day. Felt bad 1 1/2 days so took it easy, but my other work outs don't help with steps. My fitbit is fibbing on my stairs... I have already done twice today and it still says "0" darn it..

Blustering winds and cold today so before I can play fetch it will be bundle time...

My goal of adding my ab tape (which I love doing) has not been successful..any suggestions from the group on how to get the ab tape worked in?

Enough of me...

3RD Week Challenge

Let's report on:
**One new adventure you accomplished this last week--added exercise, water break through, logging daily....
**Inch success
**How you overcame an obstacle last week
**One new thing you are going to try this week....

Have a very successful week my friends,
Marla

Replies

• calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! I exceeded my 300 minutes of exercise by 30 minutes! Yay! I ate healthy all week, logged everything and got my water in. All sounds great....just wish the scale would show how great I am doing. So it did move...1 pound. I am not happy because the scale has been stuck since the middle of December and I really wanted to see a bigger loss by the 20th of January.
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    JessicaLynnDouglas Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Weight = 140.0 pounds > - 0.8 pounds this week (a total of - 2.8 pounds so far)

Weekly Goals:
    * No More Sweets*
    > I did not accomplish this; although, I don't think that it was a reasonable goal. However, I did learn some things and to appreciate along the way, which I will implement and help to improve my weekly routine!
    - I didn't actually have any "sweets" until Thursday night; prior to that I made my self a "healthy" sweet. I learned that their are other options that satisfy me, but I can't just cut all of my current favorite out that I can still actually have which are gluten free (yet). Try to let my self have a portioned amount during the day, see how that goes...

* Master all other particulars...*
    > Well, I can't say that I masters anything, so I don't think my wording was very good either...I will work on the "particulars" one at a time that I am speaking of.
    - Improvement on routine is always on-going!
    - Weigh in on Sunday morning, NOT Saturday morning (Monday morning, if away and not able to weigh in proper Sunday morning).
    - Do not eat/use one thing if I don't know that it is gluten-free/read the ingredient list...even if the only unknown ingredients are "artificial or natural flavors", call before consuming.
    - Improve "my" food days each week; all gluten free rules apply...of course!

Accomplishments:
    - I challenged my self with regard to my "sweets" and learned a lot from it!
    - Realized even more situations where I wasn't aware of if a product was gluten free or not; learned to recognize and call to check!

Much more success to come everyone, were all doing great! :-)

Jess
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    Options

Our real troopers are still hanging tough with us, and I have to thank you sincerely, you sooooo encourage me...

I don't weigh in until evening so I won't be posting my check in until tonight. I do this because when I hit goal at night I have HIT GOAL. I will take other measurements shortly so that I don't expand before measuring (still cleaning basement, getting ready for hubby's man cave wet bar installation--my christmas present to him).

I struggled this week hitting my 10,000 steps a day. Felt bad 1 1/2 days so took it easy, but my other work outs don't help with steps. My fitbit is fibbing on my stairs... I have already done twice today and it still says "0" darn it..

Blustering winds and cold today so before I can play fetch it will be bundle time...

My goal of adding my ab tape (which I love doing) has not been successful..any suggestions from the group on how to get the ab tape worked in?

Enough of me...

3RD Week Challenge

Let's report on:
    **One new adventure you accomplished this last week--added exercise, water break through, logging daily....
    **Inch success

Marla

*Abe Tape Workout*

Plan to complete it when you don't poan on doing any other or less exercises that day; enough to get it in a couple times a week.

Jess
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    Options
    Good Morning! I exceeded my 300 minutes of exercise by 30 minutes! Yay! I ate healthy all week, logged everything and got my water in. All sounds great....just wish the scale would show how great I am doing. So it did move...1 pound. I am not happy because the scale has been stuck since the middle of December and I really wanted to see a bigger loss by the 20th of January.

Keep on doing what you have been, you will see the further results that you are looking for! I sure know how you feel! ;-) You are doing GREAT!

Jess
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/595473-why-the-scale-goes-up-with-a-new-workout-program-must-read

This is for those of us that are not seeing the scale move in our favor, this is a must read!:love:
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to report that I found a way to make sure that I get in my eight glasses of water. I was good about getting my water while I was working but not on my day off and then one day this weekend I just wasn't thirsty. The scale hasn't moved, but I can tell in my pants where I'm losing a little and I measured my hips and it shows a 2 inch loss! I'm not sure if I didn't measure right the last time, because I didn't lose inches anywhere else. This week, I will continue to focus on getting my 7-8 hours of sleep and drinking my water and exercising 5 days for an hour. I'm not going to weigh myself yet as I celebrated the 49ers getting into the super bowl yesterday with many shots of vodka and I'm at the tale end of SHARK week! I think I will wait until next check in to weigh myself.
  • Tammi140
    Tammi140 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. I am happy with myself that I logged ALL of the past 7 days. Even on Saturday when I visited Red Lobster for a get together with friends. 2200 CALORIES was my best estimate. I do not regret it either. I followed it up on Sunday with 45 minutes of spin, 15 minutes of strength, and 1 hour of Zumba. I am sure I didn’t work off all the calories, but I did what I could.

My obstacle overcame was getting back to the YMCA for classes. I had a knee surgery in Dec., and it was difficult getting back to working out. Not because my knee hurt, but I became accustom to kicking back and relaxing after work. I realised that I really missed my Y family. I was a bit embarrased to go back, since I had gained 15 pound in a couple months. But they were all glad to see me. Hugs all around!

This week I am going to try to reach my step goal of 70K.
    Abs tape… I don’t have one, but I have been known to work on abs while watching my favorite show on TV, or when I have the house to myself I like to crank the tunes and work on abs, lunges and push ups….
  • Tammi140
    Options

Enough of me...

3RD Week Challenge

Let's report on:
    **Inch success

Marla

I have had problems with stairs too. This is what they told me to do.

1. Plug your tracker into the charging cable, which needs to be connected to your computer. Please make sure that the gold dots on your tracker align with the gold contacts in the inside of the charger. Please make sure you hear a click in order to know your One is charging.

2. Hold down the button on your tracker for 10-12 seconds. Your tracker's screen will turn off.

3. Remove the tracker from the charging cable and press the button on the tracker until the screen illuminates again. Your tracker should function properly now
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    Thanks Tammi I will give that a try!
  • laura920
    Options
    Hi fellow group members,

Well last week was not my best.

I logged everyday, even those days where I overindulged.

Water intake was a little less than the week before

Working out was non existent with the exception of walking the dogs over the weekend and raking leaves on Sunday.

I have not weighed or measured because I am sure nothing was lost this past week.

Needless to say I need to get my s@#* together and get back to the working out!

I really struggle with the desire to work out, I always have. I am good if I am going to a gym but trying to work out at home never works well for me. Unfortunately, I don't have the budget to join a gym at this time. If I had a Planet Fitness near by I would be good to go.

So I am happy that I logged religiously and I am happy that I am sticking with our group and happy that I acknowledged that I am struggling with the exercise.

Hope that everyone had a great start to their week!

Laura
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    Options
    Hi fellow group members,

Working out was non existent with the exception of walking the dogs over the weekend and raking leaves on Sunday.

I have not weighed or measured because I am sure nothing was lost this past week.

I really struggle with the desire to work out, I always have. I am good if I am going to a gym but trying to work out at home never works well for me. Unfortunately, I don't have the budget to join a gym at this time. If I had a Planet Fitness near by I would be good to go.

So I am happy that I logged religiously and I am happy that I am sticking with our group and happy that I acknowledged that I am struggling with the exercise.

Laura

Laurie,

Congratulations on recognizing all of your challenges and acknowledging everything that you have to work on. That part is half the battle! You will get on track and find the exercises that you enjoy!

Maybe try some circuits so that you don't get board and still get a workout in at home?...

Jess
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    Hi fellow group members,

Laura
    Laura-logging is HUGE. Good work. Exercise is not a fav for me at home either, and like you the gym was not in the budget...3 dogs, a wedding this summer...just wasn't going to happen. How about mini challenges in the house. Your favorite tv show. Every commercial :) squats on the couch until the show comes back on, or walk in place. Start slow and increase your challenges. THe more you do the more endorphins will encourage you to do more. The gray winter weather is not helping us right now, so be sure to eat raspberries, dark chocolate all the foods that boost serantonin. You have this!!! keep logging.
  • Tammi140
    Options
    Hi fellow group members,

Laura

Hi Laura. We all have those weeks. Try to make this week better.

Don't let not having a gym membership get you down though. Start small and work your way up. Do you have a staircase in your home? Maybe make a commitment to hit that 5-10 each morning, afternoon, or evening. Or maybe all THREE :) Maybe make it a rule that you have to do lunges from the living room to the kitchen, or laundry room etc.

Create some in home exercises, then try to add to them every week. You can do this!!
  • colliegirl50
    Options
    Hi fellow group members,

Laura

Hi Laura. We all have those weeks. Try to make this week better.

Don't let not having a gym membership get you down though. Start small and work your way up. Do you have a staircase in your home? Maybe make a commitment to hit that 5-10 each morning, afternoon, or evening. Or maybe all THREE :) Maybe make it a rule that you have to do lunges from the living room to the kitchen, or laundry room etc.

Create some in home exercises, then try to add to them every week. You can do this!!

Great advice Tammi! I also struggle with working out at home. And this week will be especially bad because of the bitter cold we have right now. The most I could walk this morning was 17 minutes. (Poor dog!)
  • laura920
    Options
    Marla, Tammi & Jessica,

THANKS SO MUCH for the encouragement!

I have a ton of great tools at home to workout with I need the motivation to do it.

I love the ideas about doing things during commercials, during my favorite tv show!

I do get bored very quickly as well so these suggestions will help me add some variety!

Thanks again for the support ladies! This group is awesome!

Laura
  • Nancysdiettips
    Nancysdiettips Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi:

I have had the flu this week so I have not been exercising. I just was too short of breath. I am hoping to get back on the treadmill soon.
    My appetite has not been the best so it wasn't hard to stay within my calorie allowance. I did manage to faithfully track everything I ate.
    I lost 3 pounds this week, but wish I didn't have to be sick to do so.

My plan this week is to stay with the food tracking, and to get back at the exercise.
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    Hi:

I have had the flu this week so I have not been exercising. I just was too short of breath. I am hoping to get back on the treadmill soon.
    My appetite has not been the best so it wasn't hard to stay within my calorie allowance. I did manage to faithfully track everything I ate.

My plan this week is to stay with the food tracking, and to get back at the exercise.
    Nancy
    Good work. The flu is especially tough this season. Take care of you!
    Marla
  • colliegirl50
    Options
    Hi:

Take care of that nasty flu first and then ease back into workouts. If you try to do too much when you aren't feeling up to par, you'll supress your immune system. However, if you do feel up to it a light, brief workout can boost your immune system.

I hope you're feeling much better today.
  • Nancysdiettips
    Nancysdiettips Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support!
  • colliegirl50
    Options
    Thanks for the support!

You got it! That's what we're all here for. Yay for us!!!! :smile: