Week 1 down....for the second time

Options
I finished week 1 of Insanity today....again. I started the first time around Thanksgiving but I hurt my knee and had to take a good amount of time off. I am back and really paying attention to my knee, especially until I am warmed up. It means I can't do a few of the exercises full-out, but I'm in again and here to stay.

Everyone around me has the flu. I'm praying I can avoid it, mostly because I don't want to take more time than I have to away from this workout. I like the results I got after even two weeks last time.

I am glad for this group. I could use the support and I am looking forward to contributing to the group here.

Replies

• there_is_no_spoon
    Options
    Hi there I just finished week 1 too. Started week 2 day 1 today. Was feeling very sore this past week! I had tried Insanity the end of last summer before the holidays and lasted into the second month. I did not lose a single pound but my clothes were definitely looser. Last time I did not focus on diet and pretty much ate whatever, This time around I am finishing it AND tracking food. I hope to finally get this weight off.

No flu in my house (yet) but pretty darn cold 18 this morning. Makes it so hard to get out of my warm bed to do these workouts.

I just sleep in my workout clothes so I can stumble downstairs and hit "play".

I do modify the warm-up arms - over your head while leaning over is a strain on my back so I just keep my hands on my hips. That's one thing i wish they would demonstrate - alternate moves.

Hope to see you around - good luck!
  • Thinspirational_Me
    Options
    Me too, just recently did week 1 and then week 2 started off OK, however was doing Pure Cardio warm up last night and I felt my calf muscle strain so I stopped immediately. Its still a bit painful today so I think I am going to wait until after the weekend and then see about restarting from the beginning of week 2. Also have developed a cold today so not feeling my best. Think a few days off will see me ready to begin again next week

Regarding soreness - have you tried taking extra protien/recovery drinks post-workout? I started on whey protein shakes and I noticed a lot less muscle soreness the following day.