New plans

Options
cristeberga
cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
Hello ladies,

I have decided to do a second round of Chalean Extreme. CLX is a wonderful workout and, for the most part during the first round, I did not have the select tech weights and was probably eating less than I should, so I don't think I was able to get the best out of it, even though I did see good results. Now, I do have the weights that I need and will try to go REALLY heavy. I am also eating more protein, cutting down on carbs and fat. Believe me, I still eat them. I will do abs 4 times a week - 2 Extreme Abs and 2 6 week/ 6 pack. I will have only one rest day, but the good thing is that my workouts will remain short, except for when I do burn intervals and extreme abs together.

So here are the new things that I am changing that will hopefully help me shape up:

1) Instead of 1 day of abs, I will be doing 4 days.

2) My eating has changed dramatically - lots of protein, less carbs and fat. So far, it has been very doable for me.

3) I will be able to lift heavier than I did the first time because of the new weights.

I hope these changes will help me improve my trouble areas.

All I need to do is keep in mind that this is a journey to being fit, but also to being healthy. It is also the only thing I do that helps me release stress, it is my ME TIME that I so much need. So, there are lots of benefits from exercising besides getting the perfect abs we want so much. If I get them, AWESOME, if not, I know I am still in the best shape I have ever been. :drinker:

Have a great week!! :flowerforyou:

Cristina

Replies

• Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Cristina,
    I agree with this on every level. I'm doing relatively the same only with P90X.
    The days we lift we do ab ripper X so that's 3x/week and I'm already seeing improvement in the number I can do, how many before stopping, etc.
    You will :heart: having the ability to go so much heavier with your weights, especially the lower body, and the ability to choose what you need for each lift. (my flys are a lot less weight than my shoulder presses) and with the select techs you can increase in such a small increment you'll be able to increase each circuit from the previous week.
    I have also increased my protein. This first phase of p90x actually wants you to try to get 50% protein. I haven't hit that yet, but I have increased to a minimum of 30%, I'm still a work in progress. :blushing:
    Also agree, that if I never get the abs that I truly desire, I too, am in the best shape of my adult life so I WIN! :tongue:

Oh yeah, it's my "me" time too and I love the release of endorphins that seems to last all day!

Best of luck to you, sounds like you have a wonderful plan. Keep me posted on how it's going and I'll do the same for you.
    Lori
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options

You will :heart: having the ability to go so much heavier with your weights, especially the lower body, and the ability to choose what you need for each lift. (my flys are a lot less weight than my shoulder presses) and with the select techs you can increase in such a small increment you'll be able to increase each circuit from the previous week.

I can go heavier on shoulder presses as well. My only issue right now is with my grip. I have to buy those gloves to see if they will help a little.

Best of luck to you, sounds like you have a wonderful plan. Keep me posted on how it's going and I'll do the same for you.
    Lori

I will definitely keep everyone posted. Please, let me know how it goes with P90X. I will eventually do it again. :wink:
  • Larisonlj
    Options
    I do use gloves for grip, my hands get too sweaty and the heavier I go for lower body they start slipping without the gloves. Some people say don't use gloves get the chalk, whatever, not in my house, I'll use gloves.
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    What great goal setting! I think I might do the same now that I am on my last day of LEAN!!! WOooo Hooo !!! So excited. I have to say thank you ladies for being a great support to me when I had a mental and physical breakdown. You gals are absolutley right that our lifstyle has to be 80 % Diet and 20% fitness. I started to incorporate this method of thinking into my routine this week and let me tell you something it is not easy at first.

Things I had tochange:

1) Buy more fresh food especially vegitables!
    2) Pre-plan Meals!
    3) and make a game plan.

If I do not plan ahead I am lazy to cook, and end of getting something cheap, fast, and unhealthy.

So we will see how long this last.
  • Larisonlj
    Options
    What great goal setting! I think I might do the same now that I am on my last day of LEAN!!! WOooo Hooo !!! So excited. I have to say thank you ladies for being a great support to me when I had a mental and physical breakdown. You gals are absolutley right that our lifstyle has to be 80 % Diet and 20% fitness. I started to incorporate this method of thinking into my routine this week and let me tell you something it is not easy at first.

Things I had tochange:

1) Buy more fresh food especially vegitables!
    2) Pre-plan Meals!
    3) and make a game plan.

If I do not plan ahead I am lazy to cook, and end of getting something cheap, fast, and unhealthy.

So we will see how long this last.

Tina,
    you are exactly on the right path. You have to plan, plan, plan or you'll end up eating junk that's quick.
    Also, try to think of things you can cook up on a day off and then either refrigerate/freeze until you need them.
    We cook either chicken breasts or turkey breast loins every Sunday, slice for sandwiches, portion them out and refrigerate some and freeze some for later.
    Make some homemade veggie/beef soup and freeze in little containers to take to work.
    I'll make a salmon or tuna patty either the night before or while I'm cooking breakfast and there's lunch. (I buy the little individual serving salmon/tuna in the foil packets that you don't have to drain).
    You can do this. Your weight loss this week shows you can!
    Lori