How many calories are you eating?

Options
I am 50 and have been doing 1200 for a few months as well as working out 3-4 times a week. I haven't lost anything in 2 months and thought maybe I should eat a little more because I am in starvation mode but I have gained 3 lbs. Just wondering what you guys are doing

Replies

• agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I am 56 and sometimes it's a frustrating thing losing weight. Here are my thoughts. I notice it's not just the calories but what they are seems to matter. I heard this lady on dr oz talk about some certain foods can cause your body to gain and it's different for everyone. I notice even without going over the 1200 if I eat too much bread or drink more wine I won't lose.

And I read somewhere exercising once a day isn't enough if we sit the rest of the day. People who have physical jobs are healthier so the article said every hour get up and move around throughout the day.

I asked my doctor last time I saw her about how I feel I can barely eat anything to lose and she said as we get older we don't need as much food. Smaller portions and less carbs.
  • teresadownumdavis
    Options
    I'm eating 1200 cal a day, but I've found I get in a rut and eat the same things over and over, maybe you need to swithch your foods up..on the android app there is a pie chart with % eaten in the fat carb and protien. I trie to get as close to the pie as possible.
    lol
  • bids55
    bids55 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    61 male .....Too new to have this thing figured out. I am eating about 1600 but netting out just over 1200 a day with excercise. Only been back at this since Jan 4th and have lost 11 lbs so far. I'm cutting out all alcohol during the week as I want to see if this makes a difference in moving the scale (I LOVE RED WINE ). I use treadmill 6 days a week and do 2 x 30 minutes for 3 days and 2 x 45 minutes for the other 3. Will be just under 75 miles for the month.:smile:
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    I'll be turning 55 in July and work at a desk job. I've got a daily goal of 1820 calories to try and lose a pound a week. Have been working out faithfully, mostly cardio. Stalled for the last few weeks...
  • tinadaybreaker01
    Options
    I am 52 and still enjoying life to the full. I am trying the 'Fast Diet'. I fast 2 non consecutive days per week where I only have 500 calories and then I am allowed to eat pretty much anything I want for the other 5 days. I am trying to stay under 1400 on these days. I only started this diet on 14th Jan 13 and I have already lost 2% of my body fat. I do 50 mins of Zumba with the X Box Kinnect 4 days per week and I love it. I read the book called The Fast Diet by Dr Michael Mosley. He did a study on Horizon to see if this diet worked and he lost 2 and a half stone in 6 months. Hoping it does the same for me.
  • Debbiesue37
    Debbiesue37 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to lose weight on 1200 calories a day. I love to eat and would rather earn extra calories through exercising, but I find it difficult to accurately measure calories burned..