Question of the Day

Options
baileyt1
baileyt1 Posts: 49 Member
I will try to start posting a question of the day for everyone to talk about and put their oppion or knowledge in.

Question today is - What are they best ways for you to get your daily workout in. If you don't get it in where do you struggle and would you like some help and advice. Also if you do workout, what workout do you do and why?

Replies

• Olivia1977
    Olivia1977 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    One answer: I workout on my elliptical because: 1.) It's indoors. 2.) It gives me a good workout in 30 minutes time. 3.) It helps strengthen my leg muscles and it's aerobic (sp.).
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I will try to start posting a question of the day for everyone to talk about and put their oppion or knowledge in.

Question today is - What are they best ways for you to get your daily workout in. If you don't get it in where do you struggle and would you like some help and advice. Also if you do workout, what workout do you do and why?

I find that I need to go as soon as my husband gets home from work. Right before dinner. If I dont leave right away, my motivation wanes. I do cardio and Stronglifts.
  • LadyMud17
    LadyMud17 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    DVD vidoes ( I am a Shaun T, Insanity, Asylum junkie). Me and the kids do it after my hubby leaves for work in the am,, 8ish :) Fun for the whole family! I also lift, usually bands, large (42) boxes of cat litter, children!
  • baileyt1
    baileyt1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Love this!! Great feedback.

LadyMud - I love Shaun T too. Insanity helped me get the second baby weight off. Are you a beachbody coach?
  • LadyMud17
    LadyMud17 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    NOpe, just really enjoy some of the dvds :) I don't believe in suppliments and shakes, so I don't do that aspect of it.
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options

I usually have to find something that fits in between lunch and my oldest getting home from school. gives me 2 hrs almost but I usually get bored after a few weeks of doing the same dvd each day. I only do dvds M-F, massive housework or gardening on Sat. and Sunday is rest and family time. I have been doing Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds dvds, 30 ds and ripped in 30. tried a few others but just not into them. I started out loving the walking ones but now seem to get bored with them and same as the others. biggest bonus was that they weren't expensive and I could afford them. Since I started getting bored with them back in Sept. 2012 I have gained back 15 pounds.
  • LuvingMumof2
    LuvingMumof2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The struggle I face is trying to fit the gym in, in the morning before my two active boys get out of bed for the day! So I have been getting up when I have had enough sleep at 5am to get to the gym and on the days I can't (and even on the days I have) I fit in an exercise DVD after my boys are settled for the night! Recently I bought the Zumba Exhilerate Dvd Set. It has been a great way to get a great burn, @ 175 lbs in one hour of high intensity Zumba I can burn up to 700 calories! It's great! And when I can I go to the Zumba class @ GoodLife just to change it up a little bit!
    Best of Luck!