Vegan Juicing

Options
I have just started a juice fast and wondered if anyone has any awesome juice recipes? I am also looking for juicing advice :-)

Replies

• azalea617
    azalea617 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I made some juices yesterday with a friend. We made up our recipes but the one is a classic: carrot, apple, ginger. Simple and delicious! We also did a spinach, cucumber, orange, and lemon, which was good, but we added WAY too much lemon so, pretty sour!! haha So definitely only do a LITTLE lemon. :) It's nice to add though to leafy juices because it balances out the taste.

I'm guessing you did some research on your own, but remember to only use apples or lemon (I think most citrus might be ok, but I could be wrong) with veggies. Other fruits, like berries, can't be mixed with veggies because we digest them differently and it defeats most of the nutritional purpose.

Here's a site where I found a lot of good recipes I want to try: http://www.omegajuicers.com/juicing-recipes

I don't have my own juicer yet, but I'm trying to save up. I want to do a juice fast eventually too. Good luck!!! :)
  • MrsDreamer1974
    MrsDreamer1974 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Awesome thank you. I will check out that web site now :smile:
  • FitGuyWillDoIt
    FitGuyWillDoIt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Check out "The Complete Book of Juicing" by Michael T. Murray. It has great recipes. I'm into green juice and like kale, spinach, parsley, lemon, ginger, green apple, carrot for a post workout drink.
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I have the juicing Bible but one juice my dad used to force us to drink as a child was a juice called "VAMPIRO". Its Vampire in Spanish. It has Orange Juice, beet, juice celery juice and carrot juice. The nutrients in those ingredients are unbelievable. Another tip I would give you is to add 1 tbsp of Psyllium fiber to help you feel full and have less cravings. It helps me to not be constipated or get any diarrhea since psyllium absorbs about 20-30 times it's own weight. It's very highly recommended to use fiber during a cleanse and in my opinion psyllium hulls or husks is the best.
  • Metallux
    Metallux Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I've been juicing almost everyday during the week for about 4 months. These two are my absolute favorites:

"hot pink"
    2 cucumbers
    1 beet (or 2 small ones)
    1 lemon
    1-2 limes
    1organic pink lady or gala apple
    this tastes so amazing, like a pink lemonade but much much healthier. The caveat is you shouldn't consume too often because its heavy in sugars and beet is a very strong detoxer.

"deep green"
    3 cucumbers
    2 lemons
    1-2 tomato
    1 pablano pepper
    1 entire bunch of parsley
    1/2 bunch of cilantro
    1/2 bunch spinach
    1/2 bunch romaine

this produces about 32oz of juice and tastes unbelievably delicious imo. its got basically a salsa thing going on with the lemon cilantro tomato and pepper. sometimes I'll throw a tiny bit (at most 1/4) of onion in if I feel the urge to heat it up.
  • zacherybinx
    zacherybinx Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Bump. Juicing is amazing and coming across/trying new recipes makes it all that much better!
  • jyojodancer
    Options
    I'm still trying to get more into juicy. I think that I started to use the darker greens too quickly. I'm going to start again using more milder vegetables like celery and cucumbers with some parsley and with lots of water and see how I do with that first. Some people I imagine might benefit from easing into it.
  • saratague
    saratague Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Here's what my go-to juice looks like:

5 cups spinach
    1 cup kale
    3 carrots
    2 cucumber
    2 (or 1) apple
    1 lemon

The cucumber taste is prevelent so if you don't like cucumber you won't like the juice. I found it helps cut the "grass" flavor of the spinach and kale.

A couple of people I know have the same type of juice but also add ginger - I'm just not a fan.
  • saratague
    saratague Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've also attempted to make pulp crackers from the pulp but I have not been successful - My oven doesn't go down in temp low enough and I don't have a dehydrator...yet. :)
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    bumping for later reference!
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    The Jay Kordich: simple, easy, tried and true.

A few carrots,
    1 celery rib
    1 apple
    handful of parsley.

I tried this one with a heirloom organic apple called "mitsu" i found at a local grocery store, and it makes this juice so delicious! One of my goto drinks, now.
  • TheBoldCat
    TheBoldCat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    1. Tomato Smoothie (tomatoes, spicy chilly, pepper)
    2. Vegetable Juice (8 tomatoes, 1 carrot, bit of: celery, beetroot, parsley, lettuce, spinach)
  • jmunn1129
    jmunn1129 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I adore juicing! I try to drink a two cup drink twice a day!! Some of the best resourced I've found are

http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/
    and
    http://kriscarr.com/

Kris is a juice head, and while some of the stuff she says is out there, a lot of it is really good. She has recipes and advice. Her daily green juice is amazing!
  • NCGOALIEMOM
    NCGOALIEMOM Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I do this one every day:
    1 bunch Kale
    1 bunch celery
    5 cucumbers
    4 granny smith apples
    1 lemon
    1 huge knuckle ginger

In my juicers (I have an omega and a breville) I can get 4- 24oz juices out of it. My husband and I both take two a day. I also do a carrot apple ginger once a day as well.