What does your workout schedule look like?

Options
I was just wondering how everyone is scheduling the 30DS. Is everyone doing it back to back or using a different schedule?

I had read somewhere that the schedule was designed to done as follows so this is what my schedule looks like;

Mon- 30DS
Tues- 30DS
Wed- Cardio
Thurs- 30DS
Fri- 30DS
Sat: Cardio
Sun: Rest

Replies

• eu2103
    eu2103 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I knew after workout #1 that I wasn't going to do be able to do 30DS everyday (I was soooo sore I could barely walk!) So my goal is to complete it in 6 weeks instead.

I'm doing 30DS 4 or 5x/week and then doing 30-60 min of elliptical 2 or 3x/week. To me, it feels healthier to give my muscles some rest days (or cardio-only days) to repair and to get in some extra calorie-burn with the cardio. I'm on my last day of level 1 and I've managed to increase the amount of weight I use on each exercise, which feels pretty good.
  • neh02
    neh02 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it daily. So far, I've had one day off and two days I've doubled up. I'm also doing Yoga Meltdown 2-3x/week. I planned on taking more days off but I feel better when I do circuit training - more energy the entire rest of the day, mostly. More than getting specific results I really want to take the next few months to try to make working out habit and something I look forward to, so I'm sticking to what I enjoy and avoiding what I don't.
  • joslin2005
    Options
    I knew after workout #1 that I wasn't going to do be able to do 30DS everyday (I was soooo sore I could barely walk!) So my goal is to complete it in 6 weeks instead.

I'm doing 30DS 4 or 5x/week and then doing 30-60 min of elliptical 2 or 3x/week. To me, it feels healthier to give my muscles some rest days (or cardio-only days) to repair and to get in some extra calorie-burn with the cardio. I'm on my last day of level 1 and I've managed to increase the amount of weight I use on each exercise, which feels pretty good.

Sounds like we are on the same page. I feel like I need 2 days of cardio to recover. I started the 30DS the 7th and I will finish the 26th. So it will take me 6 weeks and 2 days to finish. I have Jillian's dumbbell set which included a circuit workout and she did the 6 week dumbbell workout about the same; 4 days circuit, 2 days cardio, and 1 day rest.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I do it in conjunction with my regular workout.... So 30DS then either strength or cardio depending on the day. every 5-6 days is a rest day for me.
  • tina_belg
    tina_belg Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    this is my schedule, but can depend on circumstances:

monday - 30DS (or BBB at the gym)
    tuesday - linedance class
    wednesday - 30 DS (and sometimes cardio at the gym)
    thursday - restday (music practice)
    friday - 30DS
    saturday - 30DS
    sunday - 30DS or restday if needed