Weightloss, Exercise, and Mathematics???

Options
What if I told you that there is a simple mathematical formula for weightloss, would you believe me?? Here is the simplified version;

Calories (take in) X Calories (burned off) equals either weight burned off/ or weight added on / or weight stays the same.

Of course we can get more complicated, we can compute the exact number of calories needed for daily life, times the exact calories used for exercise, get a computer to tell us the exact food items with the perfect proportions of protein, carbs, and fats to eat daily to get the desired result...oh...wait a minute isn't that what Jenny Craig/Nutri-system/Weightwatchers , etc. does???

That's it!! So easy right??? Then....why is it so hard to lose weight?? What properties does food have that we just can't say "no".

There is also another formula I heard of important to losing weight. That weightloss is dependent on 80% diet and 20%

exercise. Again, so easy right? No matter how you look at it, no matter what you do to achieve it......good nutrition and a healthy diet plus some form of physical exercise is really the only way to lose weight/get healthy/ and achieve the body of our goals. There is just no short cut around it, no magic pill, or magic fairy to make it happen. It's simple mathematics, folks!!

Replies

• mrudick74
    Options
    you forgot the eat less, move more. then you get into the extreme that think if i skip breakfast, eat a side salad for lunch with no dressing and eat a very small dinner, excersise 8 hours a day and only drink water. i'll lose weight! WRONG!!!!!!!!! you might be a good looking corpse. you can't forget about the caveman factor, if you cut all your calories you will end up not only burning the muscle you worked so hard to get, you will actually gain fat, because of it being stored. so i am so glad you reminded us about eating healthy, so many don't see past the number on the scale.
  • sura987
    sura987 Posts: 30
    Options
    I walked too much today, my endorphins are all out of whack, and I'm feeling a little goofy today. (he, he). I started thinking to myself...how weightloss should be easy....it's mathematical...so...I wrote this post....almost with a sense of humor about it...
  • mrudick74
    Options
    i live in a world of goofy. lol. but, you did make alot of sense. it is math...... 2 powdered doughs in the mouth added up to 20 pounds on my rear end. lol