Why I am here.

Options
Hello, I wanted to share with you why I joined not only the group but the site. I will be 40 in August. I have always wanted to spend my 40th in Las Vegas. I've wanted to go back every since I celebrated my divorce from my first husband there. My husband is 10 years older than me and neither one of us gamble. I just love the city. He doesn't care one way or the other, he just wants me to be happy.......
On with the bigger reason. I am morbidly obese. I also have many chronic health issues. Some related to my weight and others not related at all. I have been struggling for years with obesity. I also suffer from depression and anxiety.....
I am beginning a program to help me lose the weight and to get healthy again. We are going to 'change our lifestyle', not 'go on a diet'. This time I'm going to get it right. I have a new grandson, he's 10 months old and another on the way in May. I want to be around to see my grandchildren go to college. I want to travel the world with my husband. He is the greatest man to ever walk the earth. So supportive, so loving. .....
My plan is to lose some of the initial weight and get to a place that I can become active. I am currently disabled to the point of being in a wheelchair for most of my "outing" time. Once some of the weight is off I am going to get back in the warm water track pool and start walking again. Once I've gotten some strength back and muscle tone in my now atrophied muscles, I'm going to get back into water aerobics. I'm going to try and lose enough weight and gain enough strength back so that by August I can travel to Las Vegas and celebrate my 40th birthday. After all, the last time I was there it was to celebrate the end of a marriage to someone who didn't care about me or support me, this time it will be with someone who cares about me so much that he has stood by me through things you can't imagine. Someone who says he loves me more today then he did yesterday.....How can I pass that opportunity up??? I want to start my 40's as a new person. I want the rest of my life to be even better than the first 40. I want to LIVE my life again. I thank you all for listening.

Replies

• 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    It is great that you have a plan! Having a good plan is half the battle sometimes, for me anyway.
    And a warm water track pool sounds like a great start, ESP with all the snow here...LOL
  • dcallender88
    Options
    Just reading your story I feel you will do it this time around and I will be here if you need any support ot someone to talk to. Don
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You can do it! (((Hugs)))
    You can't change yesterday but you can change today! We're on our way!
  • aw0430
    aw0430 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank you for your words of encouragement!
  • aw0430
    Options
    Thank you so much. I am always here as well!
  • DeniseMarSi
    DeniseMarSi Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm glad u r here too! The more support we all give each other, the better! I,ve only been here a week and everyone on this site has been encouraging and positive . I just turned 40 last August and have a 10 month old son, so I totally understand how wanting to be around longer and healthy is a big source of my dedication to making the lifestyle changes I need to make too! It is so great u have a supportive husband too and best of times ahead!
  • nichelle02
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. I believe you can do it and I'll be more than happy to lend support. Congratulations on deciding to be HERE. We're all in this together.
  • determinatrix
    Options
    good for you! and yes we are all in this together, one choice at a time. Best of luck to you on your journey :)
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I know you can do it. It is just one step at a time. Sometimes the steps even go backward a bit, but as long as the general direction is ahead, what more can we ask for?
  • SuziScott
    Options
    So glad you are here and that you joined our group!!!! You can do this and we are all here to help :)
  • aw0430
    Options
    Again, thank you all so much for your words of encouragement and your ongoing support as I start this journey. It's wonderful to hear it all and see no judgement passed here. I am here for anyone and everyone who ever needs my support as well. I'm an open ear and empty shoulder at all times!
  • AaronsMFP
    AaronsMFP Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You Have Inspired Me! Thank you for sharing your story! I wish you well on your journey and know that you will achieve it! The plan you have in place is the biggest First Step you can make! One day at a time! Good Luck!
  • chelivia7
    chelivia7 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I look forward to hearing about your progress! You can do it!
  • IMNotanumber
    IMNotanumber Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am glad you are here, too. I know I have let myself get bigger than I wanted to, and I know how easily life can get out of hand, especially when you feel like there are more important aspects of life to "take care of" than eating healthy. But then I have to remind myself that I am important enough to spend my time on. If I don't care for myself, how am I supposed to help others, be a good friend/sister/wife/daughter? If I were caring for someone else's health, I would be strong, so why am I not strong for own good??

I am thinking of you, and I want to be here to encourage every little step you take. I can't wait until you feel strong and you can get out of that wheelchair and put it away in the closet or even get rid of it altogether! Every little decision adds up to a big decision, so stay on track.

You can do it!! (Friend me if you want. We can keep each other encouraged!)
  • jumpthemoon
    jumpthemoon Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Wishing you all the luck, success and happiness on your journey! You can do it! There are many wonderful, supportive people on this website who will stay with you all the way. Don't give up and DON'T worry about the negative comments that some will unfortunately leave. Stay strong and follow your dreams! Congratulations on taking a great step and joining this website and group!
  • GrendlStig
    GrendlStig Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have the determination to succeed in your journey! I don't know you, but I'm proud of you. I'm a nurse and I also have chronic health problems that I have to seriously work at to keep in check. You can do this! This is a supportive community and I'm glad your'e here! Stick to your plan and don't get discouraged. Move your body, even if it's just a little bit and log that as exercise! Eat well, honor your body and log everything - the good, the bad and the ugly. We will celebrate your good days and try to lift your spirits on the not so good days. Add me as a friend any time- best wishes to you!