Team Twilight Week 4 Back on Track in 2013

Options
surfrgrl1
surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
Hello Ladies!!!

It looks like we had another great week and I think everyone loved eating the colors of the rainbow. Thank you for sharing your deep dark secret bad habits. It's good to get those out in the open and vow not to let them take over again!

Our Week 4 challenge is going to keep us focused on water and rainbows like last week, but our exercise challenge is taking a fun twist.

:drinker: H20 64oz or 48 with 16 decaf beverage

:heart: Strive for 5/ eat the rainbow

:laugh: Everyone needs to dust off a Twilight DVD because you will need it in order to participate. Thank you to MindyBlack for bringing us this fun workout challenge. You might want to print these instructions off, I am thinking this is going to be a bit like Twister on steroids! :wink:

Pick any Twilight movie and watch it, looking out for certain actions or phrases or words and do the corresponding exercises.

1-Anyone says, " She/you is/are one of us/ part of the family now/my life now"= 3 Burpees
2.-Jasper or Emmet have a speaking part=10 crunches
3-A member of the wolf pack (whether they know it yet or not) appears on screen=5 pushups
4-Someone says the word "Human"=3 lunges each leg
5-Edward looks worried, concerned or upset=10 jumping jacks
6-Bella sighs, snorts, scoffs or is otherwise expressive upon exhalation = 3 sit-ups
7-Running, chasing or fighting= running in place during entire scene
8-Someone kisses, almost kisses or more than kisses=just watch, that's enough to keep your heart beating fast
Bonus-You silently correct a line or scene according to the book= 10 seconds of stretching

As a reminder, we have 6 short weeks until the release of Breaking Dawn 2 on March 2nd. Is anyone going to a DVD release party? Share if you have been to one before, or plan to go this year and what you like about it or look forward to.

Have a great week ladies!!!! Get those DVD players going!

Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,934 Member
    Options
    :happy: How fun! But I usually watch the Twilight movies in bed. Do you think my husband will notice? :laugh:
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Hmmm, well, if he can handle,you watching the movie in bed, he might be a good sport and play the exercise game with you! I think it would be even more fun if multiple people did it together!
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Great challenge! And a great excuse to watch Twilight. :wink:
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Great challenge idea!! Very creative, although it would make me have to think more than usual when I watch the movie! Finally over the bronchitis for the most part and ready to get back in the groove!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Day 1 check in

H20
    48+16 decaf

Eat the Rainbow (I think I ate the whole thing today!)
    Yellow- peach, corn
    Purple- blackberries, lettuce
    Red - strawberries, tomato
    White - mushroom
    Orange - blood orange
    Green- kiwi, lettuce, pepperoncini
    Kalamata olives....what color are these anyway?

I haven't started the Twilight game yet. Taking a rest day today. But I am watching Underworld with Michael Sheen....Lycan or Vampire...me like! :love:
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Day 1 (Monday)

Starting weight: 247.8 (-1.6 from last week)

Water: 12 glasses

Fruit/veggies: Breakfast: apples & cranberries in my steel cut oats
    Snack: Clementine
    Lunch: Broccoli, carrots, red peppers, baby corn
    Dinner: Lettuce, carrots, red cabbage, black beans, corn, red peppers

Haven't tried the workout yet, but I'm looking forward to it
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Day 1

Haven't done the workout yet. I need to carve out a couple hours for that.
    Rainbow food: Orange: Cuties, carrots
    Red: Strawberries, raspberries, tomatoes
    Blue/purple: Blueberries, blackberries
    Green: Avocado, broccoli
    White: cauliflower, onions
    Water:64/64 ozs
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    Day 2 (Tuesday)

Water: 6/8 glasses

fruits/veggies: didn't do very well today, I'll do much better tomorrow I promise!

workout - havent had time yet, spent my day off babysitting my mom after knee surgery, which didn't go very well, because she didn't want to relax in bed all day, despite being sore. I have my goddaughter friday night, and she loves watching the saga & I'm sure I can convince her to do the workout with me.

Today was my "official" weigh in day, I'm down to 247.4 which is 31.2 pounds from my starting weight, and there is just enough time to lose a pound a week until my birthday on june 6th and reach my first goal of 50 pounds gone
  • ScarlettVamp
    Options
    Day 1 and 2:

Strive for 5/Eat the Rainbow: Struggling with this as always...largely due to financial constraints.

Water: 2/7

Workout: 0 - haven't had time to fit in a movie night yet
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    Day 3 (Wednesday)

Water - 8/8

fruits/veggies - apples, cranberries, clementine, pineapple, dried strawberries
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Days 2/3/4

Water 100%
    Rainbow...This has been a great challenge, I have exceeded 5 each day and I feel like I am eating a double rainbow. Now if I could just find that pot of gold.....

Twilight movie challenge....I haven't done this yet.:-(. But I have 49 minutes of cardio so far this week.

Today was so horribly cold, the north wind was just killer this morning. Hard to believe I was out walking in 57 degree weather yesterday and they are teasing us with a forecast of 70s for the weekend. I want some rainy Forks weather please!
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    Day 4 (Thursday)

Water - 11/8

fruits/veggies - apples, cranberries, clementine, pineapple, dried strawberries, lettuce (carrots, red cabbage),
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Days 5 and 6

Had splurge Friday and then anniversary dinner on Saturday.
    I have been drinking my water, and strive for five is coming along nicely.

I go look at a house tomorrow....maybe just maybe this one will be a good option. I would love to have room once again for sewing and exercising!!!!

Have to think about our challenge for next week........any ideas just holler!
  • MindyBlack
    Options
    Sorry I have been terrible abut checking in. I have been at or over with water and strive for 5 rainbow edition. I had a splurge day on Wednesday. A local pizza place was having a fundraiser for a really cool nature preserve. For my friends who know me, it is AKA Forbidden Forest. Then Coldstone was offering the same thing. We did both. I kept it reasonable but surely went over. This was the first cheat day I had in 2013.

I haven't done the movie yet but I have saved time tomorrow for it. It is really the only time this week i could have done it. I think I will add in walking in place while not doing anything else so I can get a better burn and count the whole movie as cardio. I plan to wear my HRM now that Surf has taught me how to use it. Thanks again!!

I look forward to hearing everyone's take on the movie. We did this in our Harry Potter group and it was a blast.

Has anyone else noticed they are keeping good habits from week to week? I have been keeping a close eye on my fiber and if I am not over 25 I fix it.
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Sorry I have been terrible abut checking in. I have been at or over with water and strive for 5 rainbow edition. I had a splurge day on Wednesday. A local pizza place was having a fundraiser for a really cool nature preserve. For my friends who know me, it is AKA Forbidden Forest. Then Coldstone was offering the same thing. We did both. I kept it reasonable but surely went over. This was the first cheat day I had in 2013.

I haven't done the movie yet but I have saved time tomorrow for it. It is really the only time this week i could have done it. I think I will add in walking in place while not doing anything else so I can get a better burn and count the whole movie as cardio. I plan to wear my HRM now that Surf has taught me how to use it. Thanks again!!

I look forward to hearing everyone's take on the movie. We did this in our Harry Potter group and it was a blast.

Has anyone else noticed they are keeping good habits from week to week? I have been keeping a close eye on my fiber and if I am not over 25 I fix it.

Mindy, I have had a really good January and I have to credit the challenges for keeping me engaged with better habits of drinking more water and eating the rainbow. My stupid DVR remote has gone cuckoo and I can't get a new one until Monday. I have Twilight DVRd and that would have been a great way to do the challenge. I am glad you are mastering your new HRM!
  • ScarlettVamp
    Options
    Day 6 - updating for the week

Strive for 5/Eat the Rainbow: Struggling with this as always...largely due to financial constraints.

Water: 6/7

Workout: 0 Twilight movie workout - have managed some cardio/strength training otherwise though. Just haven't had time (or control of the tv) to watch the movie.
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    Day 5/6

Water - Friday 8/8, Saturday 6/8

S5 - not so good, I can't really count the veggies in a frozen entree as a serving, but I'm looking forward to preparing my own lunches after I go to the grocery store tuesday. The bento boxes I ordered came in the mail friday

DVD Workout - I probably wont be getting to do this this week because I'm having a houseful of company tonight & won't have time between work & them showing up
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Day 7 roll up

It's been a really good week. Kept my H20 and rainbow eating in check most all days.
    102 minutes of exercise. I was in luck and Twilght, New Moon, and Eclipse were (are) on tv today. I did some weight work while watching.

This month I have kickstarted my weight loss, and am down almost 3 pounds for January. I am in hopes that I can continue to find my mojo and keep heading down this path. Eating the rainbow and drinking H20, along with watching my protein and fiber grams have helped. Being here with my friends and having your encouragement is key.

Hope you all had a great week. I am ready for another fun challenge.

Eclipse...Ohhhh,,,,,proposal scene. One of my emotional favorites! :cry:
  • MindyBlack
    Options
    I did it! I finished working out to the movie (Twilight). It was a lot of fun. I burned over 500 calories doing it. I checked my HRM while they were kissing ad while it wasn't as high as if I was exercising, it my hr did go up.:smokin:

Rainbow report: I did well, lots of varieties of fruits and veggies, lots of colors.

Went over calories on Wednesday, as I had planned.

Lost 2 pounds.:happy:

Looking forward to continuing this week.