My story

Options
I just wanted to share a little bit of my story for the group so that you know who I am! I have always been into fitness, health, nutrition, etc. I grew up watching my mom run everyday and my dad play basketball and lift weights. I ended up being a competitive runner in high school and college. I loved running long distances and did 2 marathons. I worked as a personal trainer after college. I had 2 boys and tried to keep running while being a stay at home mom. It got harder and harder to find time to workout. In January of 2010 I committed to running every day and working to get back in shape. It didn't seem to matter how far I ran, the extra 20 lbs never wanted to come off. I never felt good about myself in my clothes and was getting frustrated. In December of 2010, after hearing people rave about p90x, I gave it a shot. I had so much fun doing this workout. Running was just getting kind of boring to me and it was great to do some different things like plyometrics and yoga! I built muscle and felt alot better. I didn't really lose much weight though. Enter Insanity in the picture! My waist lost like 3 inches within the first couple of weeks! It was great! By the end of the 60 days + a 3 day shakeology cleanse I had dropped about 25lbs! After that I did Insanity Asylum, Turbofire, Brazil Butt Lift, p90x2, and am currently doing Les Mills Combat. My weight has not fluctuated at all since them. I stay very consistent and I wear a size 4 jeans for the first time in my life!!!! I love it! I feel better than I ever have!!!

yearandahalf1editforblog_zps933840d8.jpg

Replies

• SuziScott
    Options
    Not sure if my pic is working right. All I can see is the before side, so here's the after :)

after_zps2b8c3bc0.jpg
  • meeramos
    meeramos Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi All!!! My name is Maria. I am 48 years old, married, two boys, a step son, a daughter in law and three grand kids. I would like to lose 40lbs this year if I can keep drinking wine to a minimum.
  • jeffsweightloss
    jeffsweightloss Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    hey! great work...you look amazing! you've put in the hard work, and now it's paying off. i'm hoping that my journey leads me along the same path. i'm ready...so i say lets do this! i'm ready for the challenge.
  • SuziScott
    Options
    Thanks Jeff!!!!
  • jeffsweightloss
    jeffsweightloss Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    you are always welcome. i'm glad that you are in my corner supporting me.
  • fitoforty
    fitoforty Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Suzi, you look great! I'm approaching 40 in the next 5 months and want to be in great shape! I'm glad you created the group for support and encouragement.
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    So awesome!! I've lost a lot of weight but am definitely not bikini ready.
  • 1Clueless1
    Options
    Great job!!!! You look fabulous!!
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the good work!
  • Sherry2555
    Sherry2555 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    wow Suzi! great results! I am struggling with my last 15-20 pounds to lose and you are an inspiration!!!
  • yobby1969
    yobby1969 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting the group! You look so good...better than I did at 25! lol I'm just trying to get to a healthy weight and tame my curves.
  • TisheaDH
    TisheaDH Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story.
  • SFsista
    SFsista Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Maria, isn't wine good for your heart? ;)
  • Veglady12
    Veglady12 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great Suzi! Wow, new longterm goal. I was going to settle, but not now!
  • BadAzzBea
    BadAzzBea Posts: 461
    Options
    Jesus you look beautiful!!!
  • PhotogirlTX
    PhotogirlTX Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Suzi... amazing results! You look great! Well, I have just committed myself to run a half marathon in June... any advice for a beginner would be appreciated! I am hoping that while I am training, I can continue to lose weight!!
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Well done!
    I'm looking forward to getting healthier.
    Wine is good for everything! :drinker:
  • slinkycat1729
    slinkycat1729 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    All your hard work has really paid off, you look fantastic! Your stomach is fab!!!!!! Ive got about another 6 pounds to go, which are going really really slowly. I have a shoulder injury at the moment which means I struggle to do the boxing that I love so much, as it kills me after. And I'm waiting for surgery on my foot for an old injury, but Im fighting thru them. Ive started doing a new Ministry of Sound Pump It Up, Move It Lose It, which Im really enjoying and isn't putting too much pressure on my shoulder. So fingers crossed I can shift another couple of pounds and tone up my wobbly bum!
  • forwesgar13
    forwesgar13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    To being fit and fabulous at 40! You look great ! Thanks for the add to the group !
  • SuziScott
    Options
    Thanks everyone! If I can do this you all can too!!!