I am amazed

Options
kezell83
kezell83 Posts: 112 Member
I was counting calories for 2 straight weeks and exercising and did not lose a pound. I went Paleo and lost 6 in 3 days and in a week I have lost 8. I wasnt plugging in what I ate, but I have started back doing that today just so I can see what kind of calorie intake I am getting with exercise. I still think doing Paleo will get me below calorie goal. I just amazes me what different types of food does to your body. For instance, counting calories I was constantly hungry, but changing what I am eating through Paleo has made me where I am not wanting to eat as much. Doesnt take as much to get me full. I guess whatever works as long as I stick to it and make it a LIFETIME change.

Replies

• bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    i dont log food either since I've started paleo. I just eat when I'm hungry and stop when im full which is alot earlier in the meal now that im not so carb dependent. My appetitied has really decreased.
  • kezell83
    kezell83 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Ive noticed that too. Definately a decrease.
  • Mrs_Vad3r
    Mrs_Vad3r Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    When i first started paleo i lost 15 lbs and dropped 2 pant sizes in the first 30 days. It was amazing. I messed up and fell off the wagon when i hurt my knee and gained everything back and then some :(. I love paleo and felt so AMAZING!
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    That's great!!
  • each_day_stronger
    each_day_stronger Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    congrats!
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    That's awesome! I lost ten pounds in two weeks when I went Primal/Paleo. I had been trying to lose that ten pounds for MONTHS while counting calories. I think I'm a life long convert to Paleo now.
  • lttappenn
    lttappenn Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love Paleo! I was stuck on a plateau for almost 2 months, counting calories, doing lots of cardio, blah blah blah. I was constantly thinking about food. Always seemed to be hungry. Couldn't wait for my snacks or mini meal every 3 hours. I started living a Paleo/Primal lifestyle at the beginning of January. I have lost 6 lbs, feel great, love what I am eating, work out less but with greater intensity (I do interval sprint training and strenght training) and just feel much happier and healthier. Wow! :smile:
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Me too, stuck at plateau, forever, the last 10 didn't want to come off, went paleo and lost 6 pounds in 8 weeks, however I think I gained a few in muscle, so its more BF% I am concerned with, I went from 19.1% to 16.3% in that 8 weeks