Starting Insanity

Options
Hey, I have just started Insanity. I have done the fit test and last night was the plyometric cardio circuit. It was tough but feeling great today and happy to have my butt kicked by Shaun T. Just wondering if everyone sticks to the 6 days a week or do some do only 4 days a week and still see pretty decent results? I would like to do 6 days a week but i think realistically it will be 4-5. I don't think i can keep up with the calorie intake to stay energized on 6 days a week.
Who else is just starting this, and how often are you committing?

Replies

• this_time_nextyear
    Options
    Im on Day 6 so tomorrow is my day off and so far I have done every day. I plan on doing so for the whole course because its the best way for me to stay motivated (I cant take days off without going to pot) but I know a lot of people that do 3 times a week but complete t curse over a longer period.
  • PascualGarcia
    Options
    It really depends on your work load, to get the maximum results try to stick to 6 days a week. the weekend is usually the easiest time to fall off if you are sticking to a diet on top of the insanity workouts. Try to have all your meals starting off with breakfast. if you are not taking protein try looking into some soon. There is no way to consume enough protein from an outside source . I've ran through insanity twice before the first time with no protein. some days i could manage others i felt like i was about to pass out. Once i incorporated protein into the mix with a nice meal plan everything came together.
  • emma1002
    Options
    Hi, im on day 8 and i would say try your best to stick to the schedule but if youre feeling so exhausted and so sore that you couldnt keep your form take an extra rest day or do the recovery dvd and start again the day after and just take a little longer to complete it. i would reccomed taking some protein too, it really does help to stop you from aching so much the day after. im looking for some friends to keep me motivated too x
  • brett_alexandra
    Options
    Hi there, just started today with the Fit Test. I'm planning to do all of the workouts with exceptions only now and again. I travel for work, so it will be difficult on those trip days, but I'm going to do my best to make it happen. It seems the results aren't as aggressive for those who don't perform the program 'full out' and I'm trying to max this 60 days! So, I guess to answer your question... I'm planning on doing the 6x/week whenever I can.

For those who've already been doing it awhle: how are you entering these circuits in MFP? The database doesn't seem to have any of the Insanity exercises loaded. I wear a heart monitor, so I've got an accurate count of calories, but am at a loss for the 'title' to put them under. Suggestions?
  • alicecorsiatto
    alicecorsiatto Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I did 5 out of the 6 days this past week and it was fine. I have laser eye surgery this Friday and i am not to exercise for at least 3 days.. would anyone suggest I start week 1 over or just up and continue where I left off once recovered?
    Thanks Everyone
  • munty76
    munty76 Posts: 47
    Options
    I did 5 out of the 6 days this past week and it was fine. I have laser eye surgery this Friday and i am not to exercise for at least 3 days.. would anyone suggest I start week 1 over or just up and continue where I left off once recovered?
    Thanks Everyone

Hi Alice, welcome to the insane world Shaun T has created for us! First of all congrats on making it through 5 days in a row. Thats superb!

Im on my second round of insanity now, but in my first round i tried my best to do 6 days a week, i managed to do a fair few, but i also slipped a few weeks here and there where i only managed 3-4 days. My first attempt i wasnt in great shape so the work outs were stupidly hard for me and i would take twice as long to complete each session. By month two it really took its toll on me and i struggled to complete it properly and did a lot of start stopping. End of the day i still worked out and completed over 63 days worth of insanity so i dont think it matters too much if you cant stick to 6 days a week, main thing is your working out.

Yes doing it 6 days a week , with good nutrition will no doubt make all the difference, butmain thing is to do what you can, its better to do 60 days of 3-4 adys a week, then do 2 weeks flat out and then nothing for a week or 2 as you have burnt yourself out or injured yourself.

Now im on my second round iv found it much easier to complete each work out when compared to the first time, it still kicks your butt though as you just push harder.

Good luck on your journey!
  • LGinSoCal
    LGinSoCal Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi there, just started today with the Fit Test. I'm planning to do all of the workouts with exceptions only now and again. I travel for work, so it will be difficult on those trip days, but I'm going to do my best to make it happen. It seems the results aren't as aggressive for those who don't perform the program 'full out' and I'm trying to max this 60 days! So, I guess to answer your question... I'm planning on doing the 6x/week whenever I can.

For those who've already been doing it awhle: how are you entering these circuits in MFP? The database doesn't seem to have any of the Insanity exercises loaded. I wear a heart monitor, so I've got an accurate count of calories, but am at a loss for the 'title' to put them under. Suggestions?

You can enter in custom exercises. I have one for Pure Cardio for example and entered in what my HRT said. I just have it under cardio exercises.
  • LGinSoCal
    LGinSoCal Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have just started Insanity. I have done the fit test and last night was the plyometric cardio circuit. It was tough but feeling great today and happy to have my butt kicked by Shaun T. Just wondering if everyone sticks to the 6 days a week or do some do only 4 days a week and still see pretty decent results? I would like to do 6 days a week but i think realistically it will be 4-5. I don't think i can keep up with the calorie intake to stay energized on 6 days a week.
    Who else is just starting this, and how often are you committing?

I did my first couple of rounds but I then I was also doing other training. I don't recommend THAT. You probably could do 6x week. Although when I first started Insanity I found I needed naps in the middle of the day (just in Month 1). That seems to always happen when I start a new round of Insanity.
  • Nessa0506
    Options
    I am on day 51 and in my opinion you have the greatest results when you stick to schedule. Insanity is more than physical, it challenging your mental strength as well. I feel as if Shaun T watched me grow during the process. I love insanity. If you stick with it (just press PLAY) you will look back and say wow look how far I came.