Favorite Workout!

Options
I am a Turbokick and Hip Hop Hustle instructor and I absolutely love it! By far the most fun workouts I've ever had. I've also recently tried rowing on a stationary rowing machine...wow am I sore! I love changing up my workouts. I'm trying to push myself to run 3 miles a week for now and hopefully increase that to 6 miles a week within the next month. So I'm curious. What do other people like to do to get a good sweat going and burn some calories?

Replies

• adry20
    adry20 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Ohhh I've been wanting to try Hip Hop Hustle! I have Turbo Fire and I love it but with 4 kids I prefer to work out at the gym so I do Zumba and I want to start weight training.
  • Sweetbelle159
    Sweetbelle159 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I LOVE to run.......I have my sights set on running a marathon this year but have to get my weight down first.
  • sspayde
    sspayde Posts: 11
    Options
    That's awesome! Turbo fire is amazing and I like zumba too!
    I plan to run a 5k sometime this year :) any tips for running longer?? I
  • JavaSparrow
    JavaSparrow Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i like to try new workouts and stuff too. i discovered i like bench pressing. soccer, basketball, swimming are sports are like too.

but the only real exercise i can see myself doing as an adult (assuming i have no gym membership) on a regular basis would be yoga and running, which i also love.

my real problem with exercise is just initiating it. but during and after i really like.
  • clhous03
    Options
    I love my Wii Fit Plus, makes calculating so easy because it does it for me! I love doing the yoga section. The first time I tried it, I thought "Oh, this is dumb. I'm not even sweating." Then I woke up so sore I could barely walk the next day! Today I started the free run section, and ran 1.5 miles in 10 minutes, all while listening to my iPod (Marilyn Manson and The Sex Pistols do it for me!)
  • andi_lee
    Options
    I love doing workout videos- my two faves right now are "Crunch Fitness Yoga & Pilates Blend" & "Kathryn Budig's Aim True Yoga"! I also like hiking with my boys & my dog :-)
  • SwimSoccerTaxi
    SwimSoccerTaxi Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels. I rotate through 4 DVD's and they are all equally amazing! Ripped in 30, Shred it with Weights, Kickbox Fastfix and 6 Week 6 Pack. Finding something you enjoy, something that makes you feel great and something that motivates you to keep doing it is hard....I'm glad I found mine. Why drive to a gym (gas is so expensive) and have those gym fees when you can buy a DVD for $10.00 and roll out of bed and be done in 45 minutes!

Good luck to all of you!
  • lnjoyw
    lnjoyw Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I enjoy running but it hurts my back so bad I can't run past a few minutes. This was true even at my most healthy point though. Any suggestions for FREE cardio workouts? I take a Zumba class once a week and love it, but Dance dvds are too hard for me to follow because I have two left feet. lol
  • teebeegeebee
    teebeegeebee Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have been a ,ember of MFP for almost 2 years and have battled weight combined with a lower back disc injury in that time.
    In the last 6 months, i have made huge steps in recovering my backs movement thanks to a fantastic doctor and physiotherapist.
    Just before Christmas I was cleared to start a gym programme and it was hard, really hard, things have changed for me I get it now I am returning my body to a good place. Slowly I am getting stronger and here is my plan

Gym - 6 days a week
    3 days are on a sprint programme of 60 minutes - this is pure cardio and essentially I wear an HRM to keep an eye on things
    3 days a week are weights and lighter cardio.
    2 days a week I go to a clinical pilates gym as well and use their reformer maching ( kind of like a medieval rack but with positive benefits!)
    I do home based pilates every day and use the pilates principles for stretches every day at the gym

It has taken me all of December and January to get into this routine so if you are just setting out stick with it it will come. I am stronger and fitter now than I have been in over 20 years and I am now starting to burn the fat away, and will get to my goal this year

stick at it guys

Matt
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I just realized that I don't see many men here... are.. we not allowed in? like is this a girl's locker room? =)

My favorite workout is, you guessed it, lifting. I'm really excited to start performing olympic style lifts, I've been doing squats, deadlifts, and bench and shoulder presses to get into goo enough shape to perform them without pulling something.

And there really is nothing quite like a good run on my rest days
  • sspayde
    sspayde Posts: 11
    Options
    anyone worried about paying for gym memberships, check out different ones in the area. some will have first month free or a pay as you go kind of thing. Not all gyms have contracts or expensive memberships. :)
    also, check out pinterest for awesome HIIT workouts!!
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I enjoy running but it hurts my back so bad I can't run past a few minutes. This was true even at my most healthy point though. Any suggestions for FREE cardio workouts? I take a Zumba class once a week and love it, but Dance dvds are too hard for me to follow because I have two left feet. lol

You can find lots of videos on YouTube.
  • clhous03
    Options
    I just realized that I don't see many men here... are.. we not allowed in? like is this a girl's locker room? =)

My favorite workout is, you guessed it, lifting. I'm really excited to start performing olympic style lifts, I've been doing squats, deadlifts, and bench and shoulder presses to get into goo enough shape to perform them without pulling something.

And there really is nothing quite like a good run on my rest days

You're all good. :wink:
  • pinkstay
    Options
    I recently got zumba for the kinect, the new one for abs <3 it! I never knew I could have so much fun sweating! and I also love the EA sports active 2 game for the wii, it came with a resistance band (20 at gamestop) and you can choose which area you want to focus on (core, upper/lower/full body, cardio), tracks heart rate and calories burned
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    ZombieKillaPrincess Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing is sooo much fun! probably my favorite workout! and it kicks my *kitten*.
  • MartinaNYC
    MartinaNYC Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    RUNNING!!!
  • MartinaNYC
    MartinaNYC Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Turbo fire is amazing and I like zumba too!
    I plan to run a 5k sometime this year :) any tips for running longer?? I

I don't have that much free time but I do my best to stick to my 3-day-per week running plan:
    Day 1: jog for 10' to warm up, then alternate 45" sprints with 2' jogging for 10 times. Finish with 10' jogging.
    Day 2: jog for 2km (1.25 miles) then run for 3km (1.86 miles) using 70-75% of your potential (that is to say, run fast but not too fast, so that you'll be able to keep the same pace for the whole 3km). Jog for 1.5 km (0.93 miles) to cool down.
    Day 3: run 8 to 10 km (5 to 6 miles) at the same pace
    Always remember to strech before and after working out!
    I've been doing this for couple of months and I can now run faster. Soon I'll need to add more seconds for my sprints and more km for day 2 (for day 3 I usually do 8km one week, 10km the other week).
  • cherylbucalo
    cherylbucalo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love my EA Active on my Wii. I just started the 30 day challenge and I am so sore. I'm glad today is a rest day because I don't know how I could have gotten up and did it again this morning. I'm hoping I feel better tomorrow for Day 4.
  • clhous03
    Options
    I love my EA Active on my Wii. I just started the 30 day challenge and I am so sore. I'm glad today is a rest day because I don't know how I could have gotten up and did it again this morning. I'm hoping I feel better tomorrow for Day 4.

I'm going to have to look that up. I like my Wii Fit, but I'm ready for something else, too. I think I'm going to try the 30-Day Shred because the workouts are short and I can add them to my routine after I do my Wii Fit routine.
  • toni_may
    Options
    I love getting out on a bike to exercise :)
    And swimming too.
    I hate the gym too many horrible people giving dirty looks if you're not up to their standard :/