Day 22: Monday's activities

Options
MerRock
MerRock Posts: 56 Member
Good morning everyone. I did 40 minutes on the treadmill to start off my day! Feels great to have that already in, and the whole day is still ahead.

I thought with it being Monday morning that maybe everyone could use a little encouragement. A couple of years ago I read a quote that has really stuck with me and helps me to stay on track. I believe it was by Tony Robbins. "It's not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently." I like it because it works both ways. If I have a day I eat horribly and I don't work out, it's not going to make me into an unhealthy person. On the same side, if I only work out off and on, and I only watch what I eat from time to time, I'm not going to reach my goals and be the person I want to be. It's consistency, not the things we do from time to time that make us the person we are.

Have a great Monday everyone!

Replies

• Ikalia2286
    Options
    This morning I started training for my half marathon. I ran 2.5 miles today in about 37 minutes...yay! Day one of training done :)
  • MelanieSpicegurl
    MelanieSpicegurl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Wow !! Mere.. Love the quote !! Sooo true ..
    Thanks for that!!!

Good for both of you for getting the work out done so early!!! It's 8 am here and I can barely manage getting dressed for work !!! Lol so good on ya !!!

I'll be doing mine after work !!
    Happy Monday !!
  • lilmzritz
    lilmzritz Posts: 176
    Options
    I love that quote -- consistency is the key! Thanks for sharing MerRock!

Ikalia - 1/2 marathon training -- woohoo! Great start and keep that up. We can't wait to see your progress so please keep sharing :)

Melanie - I'll be doing my workout also tonight after this crazy day at work lol! I'm training for the 10K in June so I'll be hitting the treadmill and will do some strength exercises with the Nike Training app (I've neglected that one for a while)

Have a great day everyone and keep sweating!
  • melaniejo527
    melaniejo527 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Just got back from walking on the track at the gym with our 15 year old... walked for 53 minutes while we watched my son play basketball... now to settle in for movie night.
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    30 day shred Level 3 Day 2 for 27 minutes + 1 mile of walking (plus warm-up, cool down & stretches) for 18 minutes = 45 minutes of sweating today.
  • 7utts77
    Options
    10 minutes on bike, circuit training, 20 minutes on treadmill with a fast paced walk on an incline, circuit training again for a total of 1 hour.
  • Cherrylicious_Curves
    Options
    Lost 1.6pounds yay! Did my 4.04 mile jog, and went the extra strength to run a lil more than just walk. I'm feeling the soreness already... I love it. Have a good night
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I did 100 standup dumbell curls using 4 pounds weights and I did 20 minutes on the TM. And I don't know if this counts but I spent 50 minutes mopping a great big hall where I cater functions.
  • MelanieSpicegurl
    MelanieSpicegurl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I did 100 standup dumbell curls using 4 pounds weights and I did 20 minutes on the TM. And I don't know if this counts but I spent 50 minutes mopping a great big hall where I cater functions.
    HANNIEEEEEEE !!!!!
    :flowerforyou:
    Welcome to our likkle group . .it's great !!
    so glad you joined us !!!!
    Good work one the dumbells !!
    I missed my work out yesterday :(