Starting back up on 17 DD

Options
bmmadden
bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
Ive tried it before and I really liked the results but never got past the first week, tomorrow 1-28-13 will be D1C1 for me, looking for some positive encouragement from others who are doing this:smile:

Replies

• sassymrswillis
    Options
    I started this plan on 23 Jan 13. I'm already down 4 lbs. I'm pretty excited about the results and I'm finding the eating plan to be quite easy to stick too. Lots of luck!
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Finding it fairly easy and healthy! Although I have not been perfect I am on Day 4 C2. I have lost 10 pounds and am pleased. That is after being stuck for months! Keep checking the message board for encouragement. Many of:smile: us are planning to stick it out.
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement! Day 1 was pretty successful, Its around the end of the first week Im worried about, thats usually when I fall off
  • steppingstones
    Options
    Just ask if you need he[p. This plan is new for most of us, so we are stumbling along together. Read all the posts...there are some good links for recipes. We have all had off days but slow and steady wins the race. I heard Dr. Moreno speak and he said...if you have an off day just try to get a little more exercise in the next day.

Good Luck... the fact that you joined the group means you want to do it!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Debbie0828
    Debbie0828 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am restarting Cycle 1 today. I have learned this. If you follow what the book says, you lose. If you get arrogant and think "Oh I can have this one chocolate square or this one cookie" and still lose at a nice clip, you are wrong! At least that is how it was for me! I had my fling with carbs for a few weeks. Back to the grindstone!
  • steppingstones
    Options
    Good Luck...it is a journey. Have had my ups and downs but generally like the structure of the 17DD plan. You are so right those treats are a menace. Struggling today but will get busy with a project and try to distract myself.
  • Debbie0828
    Debbie0828 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Good Luck...it is a journey. Have had my ups and downs but generally like the structure of the 17DD plan. You are so right those treats are a menace. Struggling today but will get busy with a project and try to distract myself.

Were you able to distract yourself? I have done "OK" but not perfect. Headed in the right direction though!
  • steppingstones
    Options

Were you able to distract yourself? I have done "OK" but not perfect. Headed in the right direction though!

Did okay - a couple of downs. But did a lot of work on a quilt I am putting together. Then my hubby found a movie which we watched together. Made a huge container of tea and sipped it as we watched film.
    Good luck...the rest of the weekend.
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Yeah weekends are hard, tomorrow especially!
  • ABZWeyman1
    ABZWeyman1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I've been on and off the 17 Day Diet for a while now, always see good results and feel great (but I always break near the end of the first cycle!) Not this time! Today is D1C1 for me and I'm SO ready for this!!
  • CU2008
    CU2008 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm also restarting the 17 DD. Everyone is doing so well on this diet that and I hope to have the same success this time around!
  • RebelNurse13
    Options
    This is my second honest attempt at the 17DD. I am on C1D4, and as of this morning (so three days in) I was down 5.5 pounds! I have a very long way to go, but this is a start, right? The first time, I didn't make the entire 17 days, but lost about 10 pounds, most of which I have kept off.

One of my biggest issues with myself is forgiving myself if I stray. I am too good at beating myself up, and then jumping ship and no longer trying at all. I am trying to stick to this as close as possible, but also allowing myself some room for human error, and reminding myself that I still deserve the results this can bring, even if I have an off day. How do ya'll deal with this? Any help or advice welcome! I am also having slight issues with my roommate, who is also very heavy, who isn't nearly as supportive as I would like. All of a sudden, he is craving all of my favorite things, and talking about them non-stop, and trying to get me to stray. But I am trying to use his being unsupportive in my favor to keep me stronger- I don't even think he knows he is doing it. Any advice on dealing with this one?

I am finding that I am already craving the fruits and veggies, and not my usual carb/chocolate/beer/salt/Mountain Dew/crap. As a nurse, I am very much in favor of this eating plan. Trying to do it on a budget isn't so easy.... but I'm doing it so far! Can't wait for the fresh wonderful varieties that await when my local farmer's market opens again next month!

Congratulations to all of you who are doing this. It isn't always easy. As someone who has been overweight her entire life, and VERY overweight her entire adult life, I could teach any class on what to do, what to eat, etc. But there is a big difference in applying and DOING. And we are doing it! Go us1
  • stephanj
    Options
    I am restarting Cycle 1 today. I have learned this. If you follow what the book says, you lose. If you get arrogant and think "Oh I can have this one chocolate square or this one cookie" and still lose at a nice clip, you are wrong! At least that is how it was for me! I had my fling with carbs for a few weeks. Back to the grindstone!

^^this!!! Totally!!!!^^^^^
  • stephanj
    Options
    RebelNurse- our friends can be our worst enemies when it comes to change! Just keep telling yourself your roommate is a "crab in the bucket" who wants to drag you back in. It's your own journey! I am craving blueberries like crazy !!!!