going to phase 3

I have lost 35lbs on Ideal protein diet since August. I am transitioning to adding carbs but have been cheating a little since the holidays. I am nervous about transitioning to a normal diet and gaining weight back. I can feel some of my bad habits slipping back. Any suggestions.

Replies

• angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Make the decision to never go back. You DO have the power over yourself. If you are noticing some of these bad habits coming back, take control and stop them. You've obviously had enough self control to get yourself through the program. Keep it up.

Also- Keep in mind that a "normal diet" doesn't mean back to YOUR normal diet (ie: the way you used to eat before). This whole program is about getting you to make changes to your diet that you will maintain for the rest of your life which is why they have the phases that start transitioning you slowly. By the end you will have all of the tools to know how to eat a balanced diet to maintain, but its up to you to keep using those tools. Nobody can do it for you.
  • FatIsNotGood4Me
    FatIsNotGood4Me Posts: 45 Member
    In my experience I do picture myself in how I want to see myself in 3 months, short term goals seem to work for me, and I try to think about this as a healthy way to eat, not a diet, I also go out, I don't deprive myself of hanging out with friends, I look for restaurants that let me build my own plate like Red Lobster, being part of my circle of friends while in this program makes me feel normal, I prepare my meals, always have my veggies chopped in containers so it is easy to steam, bake or make an omelet - always carry a product on my purse in case of my apetite opens up before time :)
    Good luck to you, I know sometimes you just want to dive into a macdonald burger but think about the consequences, the extra pounds you worked so hard to get rid off- Always reach out for support, don't feel like you are doing this alone, we are many doing the program and we can support each other. Feel free to message me if you need to talk.
  • axgman
    axgman Posts: 9
    I am starting on phase 3 and having similar issues. A few weeks ago, I had just started phase 2 and I basically went off protocol during the holidays, and gained a couple of pounds. I went back to phase 1 for two weeks and had dropped 4 pounds by my next weigh in two weeks later. Just remember that if you do slip, you only need to go back on phase 1 for a few days to get back on track. You can give your self a break now and then, as long as you get back on track the next day. You dont ever have to be heavy again. You are in control now!