Motivation List

Options
I carry this around in my purse. :wink: I posted this elsewhere, but thought the group might enjoy it also. Feel free to add to the list at will!

What I'm most looking forward to...

-Running into my exes and laughing.

-Walking around with my hot husband without getting the “how did SHE manage THAT?” look.

-Looking at my hot husband without thinking, “How the hell did I manage THAT?”

-Family reunions without hearing, “So how's the weight loss coming along?” (accompanied by knowing looks of pity).

-Never, ever, EVER hearing again the million weight loss tips everyone tries to give me.

-Not having to hear my mother ask, “Should you be eating that?”

-Not blushing and feeling like everyone is staring at me in a restaurant if I order dessert. On the same note, not getting the eyebrow raise and the unspoken, “You're seriously gonna eat that?” look from the waiter, either.

-Exercising OUTDOORS without feeling like everyone is staring at me.

-Shutting up my friend who lost 45 pounds on Atkins and needs to tell me for four hours every time she sees me how SHE lost 45 pounds on Atkins.

Replies

• nicole3110
    Options
    Those are great! I can relate to most. Although in my life it is "friend" who has never been a pound over weight in her life that constantly tells the rest of us that all our problems can be fixed by doing P90X.

My adds to the list:

Not having my kids tell me that I am the "fat mom" in the neighborhood

Not being the heaviest and the oldest bridesmaid in my little sisters wedding next year.
  • Fit_Mama84
    Fit_Mama84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    -Going shopping and actually enjoying myself
    -Looking in the mirror and being happy with what I see
    -Being thinner then my always thin mom
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    at my daughter's basketball practice I actually talked to a lady who is my goal weight. it was like seeing myself when I reach my goal. my daughter Rylee is also a big motivator for me. she is so proud of mom and told her school nurse about my weight loss and I eat healthy and not to bother me or her about the childhood obesity/ parent obesity crap.
  • rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a newbie here and looking for some friends. :)

What I am looking most forward to:

1. Fitting back into my best wardrobe.
    2. Looking good at my brother's wedding in May!
    3. Showing my coworker that you can lose weight without mentioning it every 25 seconds. :/
    4. Being a healthier me!
  • sspayde
    sspayde Posts: 11
    Options
    1. to buy a new bikini
    2. to fit back into my skinny jeans
    3. to feel healthy and happy every day :)
    4. to never have to change clothes again because i want to "hide" my belly
  • JavaSparrow
    JavaSparrow Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    -to be a total babe of course! xD
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    To look hot on my birthday! It will be my first 39th...
  • MommyLovesHerFurBabies
    Options
    - Feel good in a new bikini.
    - Being able to buy a smaller, gorgeous dress for the Marine Corps Ball in November
    - Feeling comfortable being naked infront of my husband
    - Not feeling like the fat wife of the guys my husband works with
    - Making the girls who want to hit on my husband think twice because they don't hold a candle to me ;-)
    - Be in good shape to chase my nephew around
    - Shut my grandma up after years of "shouldn't you drink a diet" or "Brit you've gained a little wait, huh?"
    - To not be the fat sister anymore. I'm the shortest I should be the smallest!
    - To motivate my parents to be healthier like me
  • Momto32010
    Momto32010 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    To look hot on my birthday! It will be my first 39th...

Me too, although at my next birthday I will be 40!! I want to look good in shorts again. I also want to look amazing in my bikini this year. I've had three kids, youngest is two, and haven't felt confident in a bikini for the last six years.
  • MartinaNYC
    MartinaNYC Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    -Stop being so insecure about my look and everything I say/do
    -Stop comparing my legs to all the legs I see while walking down the street
    -Stop comparing. Period.
    -Stop feeling guilty every time I cannot go running and it's not my fault
    -Stop feeling like Im still the fat girl in school
  • crops2dawn
    crops2dawn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    -to walk into my 30th year class reunion and to be thin.... I was always heavy, even in school.
  • clhous03
    Options
    -Stop feeling like Im still the fat girl in school

THIS! Totally adding this to my list! :smile:
  • mic1mam
    mic1mam Posts: 33
    Options
    I carry this around in my purse. :wink: I posted this elsewhere, but thought the group might enjoy it also. Feel free to add to the list at will!

What I'm most looking forward to...

-Running into my exes and laughing.

-Walking around with my hot husband without getting the “how did SHE manage THAT?” look.

-Looking at my hot husband without thinking, “How the hell did I manage THAT?”

-Family reunions without hearing, “So how's the weight loss coming along?” (accompanied by knowing looks of pity).

-Never, ever, EVER hearing again the million weight loss tips everyone tries to give me.

-Not having to hear my mother ask, “Should you be eating that?”

-Not blushing and feeling like everyone is staring at me in a restaurant if I order dessert. On the same note, not getting the eyebrow raise and the unspoken, “You're seriously gonna eat that?” look from the waiter, either.

-Exercising OUTDOORS without feeling like everyone is staring at me.

-Shutting up my friend who lost 45 pounds on Atkins and needs to tell me for four hours every time she sees me how SHE lost 45 pounds on Atkins.
    Shopping for clothes that show off my body instead of trying to hide the rolls.
    Being out and have people walk past you to talk to the "Skinny" ladies.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Short term motivation is to make through all of level one of 30 Day Shred without having to modify anything! Did day five today and I'm still having to change up a couple exercises halfway through.
  • clhous03
    Options
    I thought of another one: never, ever again having to explain to someone you told you were dieting that no, obviously, it didn't work.
  • Megank428
    Megank428 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    To fit back into all my cute dresses from college. They have been collecting dust the past 2 years...
  • nbraun0517
    Options
    Finding me under all that fat and flab
  • ElizabethKG1983
    ElizabethKG1983 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    -the biggest thing I am looking forward to is feeling like myself. That free feeling you have when you are thin and healthy and weight doesn't consume your every thought...
    -fitting into all the cute clothes in my closet that I haven't been able to wear in two years.
    -feeling my age...I am only 30 but when I gain weight I dress and feel like I am 50 or 60.
    -not making excuses not to go to fun social events and things where I feel like I will be judged or be the fattest person there. My Fiancé always has tons of trendy work related events to go to and for the past year I have refused to go to anything because I know that many of the women there will be thin and pretty and I will feel horrible about myself.
    -Being able to go swimming with my kids again and feel comfortable in a bathing suit!
    -having my Fiancé be able to lift me up again. When we first started dating he did that all the time and now when he tries to do it I get so embarrassed because I don't think he realizes that he won't be able to lift me up.
    -being more socially confident. When I am overweight I tend to get very withdrawn and shy because of the way I feel about myself.
    -running into old Ex's or old friends and feeling great about how I look. Now if I see someone I know when I am out I try to run the other way before they see me. Lol.
    -Not having to hear constant comments from my naturally thin Mom and Sister about how I should lose weight or that it is a shame because I am soo pretty when I am thin.
    -Not having to worry about health problems related to my weight. I am not on any medication but I tend to have higher bp if I am overweight and high bp runs in my family.
    -I want to have more kids someday and want to be as healthy as I can be for that.
    -I want to be able to keep up with my kids and have more energy to really play with them at the park, run with them etc.
    -I want to run in a marathon.
    -better sex life again! When I gain weight I tend to not want to have sex or have very boring sex. I want to get adventurous again!
    -feel comfortable in my clothes. It is hard finding clothes that are flattering and/or comfortable when you are overweight and I can't wait to be able to just throw something on and head out the door and feel great.
    -not having to make losing weight my new years resolution again.
    -I want to feel great on my wedding day. I am getting married next summer in Hawaii and I want to feel beautiful and healthy and not worry about how I look from certain angles or how I am going to look in pictures.
  • nbraun0517
    Options
    Great list Elizabeth! I too have become a hermit because of looking and feeling frumpy fat. Will be there for you so that you can meet your goals and look great for your wedding. I would love to wear shorts again, not have to wear pants in the summer when it's hot, and swim with my kids as well.

31569014.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • ElizabethKG1983
    ElizabethKG1983 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I also want to be able to wear cute summer clothes. Warm weather is coming and I am already panicking because I never feel comfortable enough to wear shorts and tank tops and am always so hot in the summer.