Woah.....month two!!

Options
Just completed the max plyo (day 2 of month 2) and HOLY COW!! These moves are insane! There is just no other word to describe it! I got through it, but there were a few moves that I was only able to do a few reps of..... It's a very weird feeling, because I don't know if I am completely excited for the rest of this month and how hard it will be, or just scared sh*tless! Anyways, it took me by surprise and I HAD to tell someone! :) Anyone else have a similar reaction when starting month two?

Replies

• the_new_robin2016
    the_new_robin2016 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    no because i didn't end up doing the month 2 videos the first time! Going to do them this time!! But now you got me nervous... LOL
  • fitmum2be
    fitmum2be Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Month twos a killer! I do vividly recall laying on the ground after the first workout of month two and not wanting to move hahahahahaha ooooh can't wait to do it again!! W1D4 Round 3 Yay!
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Yes, it will work you hard!! But, the results you want to see will also come during Month 2.. I've heard it said before, Month 1 routines are getting you ready so you don't die during Month 2. :) Good luck with it and don't be scared!! Face it everyday and in 29 more days, you'll be more 10 times awesome than you are today!!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Lol aw man, this makes me nervous for month 2. I'm getting through month 1 without a problem, so hopefully month 2 won't be bad. I previewed the month 2 videos and they look pretty similar to month 1, just longer in duration.
  • RissaRoo007
    Options
    Well serious kudos to anyone who has finished the program or in the process :) I've heard people say they see the most results in month 2 and now I understand why. You definitely shouldn't let me scare you, I just wasn't ready for some of the really different moves (squat push-ups, and side push ups come to mind). But don't get me wrong I'm totally excited for this month!! Thanks for sharing all your thoughts
  • mrsfitness80
    mrsfitness80 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    LOL I had the same reactions on Monday. I thought about giving up (seriously would never though).

Hang in there our results are going to be great!
  • wickedgirl155
    Options
    Hi !!

As a new member I was wondering how much result you saw during month 1? How much result will you expect during month 2?
  • dalehall64
    Options
    Hi !!
    As a new member I was wondering how much result you saw during month 1? How much result will you expect during month 2?
    The results are going to be up to you.. How hard you push during each work out... For month 1, you may some some inches lost, but you may not see very much weight loss during that month.. Some folks did, but most saw more NSV's (non-scale victories) than lbs/kg's gone.. Month 2 is where you'll see the pounds drop and the definition start.. Now, as for "as seen on TV" results.. For most of us, it ain't gonna happen. But, you will be better off at the end fo those two months than you are right now.. Go for those small victories in Month 1.. My first was making it through the warm-up without taking a break (middle of 2nd week before that happened).. Then it was getting through most of the routines with only the breaks they took (Never got 100% of that) But, month 2, that's when it all happens.. It's almost like starting over, but you will see and feel results quicker if you seriously push through it and give it 100%.. For this to work, you have to work, HARD.. But, it's worth it..
  • alittlemopo
    alittlemopo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My husband and I completed the program last month and let me say I HATED everything about month two, we got through it but it was murder, both mentally and physically at that point. We just kept pushing play. I personally got more results with month one because I think I could eventually do all of month one pretty effectively, not so much with month two. Overall great program, but month two is a killer. Good Luck and keep pushing play!!!
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Month two is where all the hard work pays off and esp those ABS been looking for !!! The great thing about Insanity, and Shaun T actually says this in the Plyo video I think too, is that you do what you can, you don't have to keep up...just keep going.

before you know it, you'll have those sets of 32 pushups DOWN! I called like 3 people the first time I got through that circuit the first time :) LOL...

ROCK ON BUDDY and just don't give up!
  • Katfish71
    Options
    Just went through month 1 two times and I can say I got a lot stronger, but no pounds came off. My buddies and I went through month 1 two times as we simply needed more preparation for month 2 as we were still struggling with month 1 after the first round. I am getting stricter with my meal plan to keep an eye on my eating a lot closer. I am hoping for the month 2 success that I read about and my two buddies who work out with me are also hoping for month 2 success. They too have had a lot of gain in strength, but no weight loss. We will see what happens.

I love the insanity workouts and at age 40+ it means a lot to be able to make it through them. My goal is climbing Long's Peak this summer without struggling. LOL So, Insanity and anything else I add to my daily agenda is a necessity.

Month 2 begins on Monday and if we need to go through it 2 times, we will and probably will do so if we are having weight loss success. Otherwise, we may go back to TurboFire. :)
  • sladetf
    Options
    Starting month 2 tomorrow .. Intimidated because I have no idea how to eat right, just trying to keep around 1900 calories and 40% protein/40% carbs/20% fat. I haven't been able to make the lifestyle change to cooking so unable to follow the nutrition guide really as I'm in this alone. I find ways to do lots of veggies & mixed berries at home then grilled chicken anywhere I eat with side salads.

I'm 5'11" and have lost about 10lbs in month 1 with this ... as long as my knee holds up (LCL feels tweaked a bit) I will absolutely be finishing month 2.
  • dalehall64
    Options
    Starting month 2 tomorrow .. Intimidated because I have no idea how to eat right, just trying to keep around 1900 calories and 40% protein/40% carbs/20% fat. I haven't been able to make the lifestyle change to cooking so unable to follow the nutrition guide really as I'm in this alone. I find ways to do lots of veggies & mixed berries at home then grilled chicken anywhere I eat with side salads.

I'm 5'11" and have lost about 10lbs in month 1 with this ... as long as my knee holds up (LCL feels tweaked a bit) I will absolutely be finishing month 2.

If you have knee issues, be VERY careful with Max Plyo.. I finally had to take it off the schedule and just do one of the others in it's place because of my knee..
  • sladetf
    Options
    thanks i'll watch out for it
  • Katfish71
    Options
    Just finished M2 Day 2 and felt like I came into today's workout a couch potato. M2D1 wasn't so horrible bad, but oh my, M2D2 was awful, yet I have this uncanny want to defeat the video and take Shaun T down. Does anybody else just love to hate that man? I wish I had some TV bricks to throw at him at times, but when it is all over, I can't wait to push play again to have him push me to my limits all over again.
  • Zeta97
    Zeta97 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    OMG! You guys are making me nervous about the second month. I'm on day 22. Like many others I have not lost any weight during the first month but I've gotten stronger and have much more energy. I feel great!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Just finished M2D2...brutality at its finest lol. The Max Circuit from yesterday was intense also, but it was easier than today's Max Plyo by a long shot. Although it just started, I'm really enjoying this month so far. The moves are alot of fun, I think my favorite at this point would be the floor hops, squat push ups, and the jump hooks. Least favorite: side pushups...whose idea was it to incorporate these? lol. All in all, loving the challenge and looking forward to the results at the end of the month
  • trumpkat80
    trumpkat80 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I remember how nervous I was about month 2. It def takes it up a notch, but by now ur body should be conditioned for it. I had great results during both months, but I developed my abs more in month 2. Hang in there, IT"S WORTH IT!!!!
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Hi !!
    The results are going to be up to you.. How hard you push during each work out... For month 1, you may some some inches lost, but you may not see very much weight loss during that month.. Some folks did, but most saw more NSV's (non-scale victories) than lbs/kg's gone.. Month 2 is where you'll see the pounds drop and the definition start.. Now, as for "as seen on TV" results.. For most of us, it ain't gonna happen. But, you will be better off at the end fo those two months than you are right now.. Go for those small victories in Month 1.. My first was making it through the warm-up without taking a break (middle of 2nd week before that happened).. Then it was getting through most of the routines with only the breaks they took (Never got 100% of that) But, month 2, that's when it all happens.. It's almost like starting over, but you will see and feel results quicker if you seriously push through it and give it 100%.. For this to work, you have to work, HARD.. But, it's worth it..

Thanks, I needed to hear this. I can see and feel my body changing, but that stubborn scale won't acknowledge it! I am not giving up!!!
  • Katfish71
    Options
    Only 4 more days to go in M2 of all this insanity. Honestly, it has been worth every bit of sweat put into it. Some weight has come off during M2, but what I haven't dropped in weight I have gained in my strength. The fit test shows amazing results. On the flip side, I am ready for a change. Any good ideas of what to do next? I am mostly familiar with the beach body routines, but know something else has got to be out there for a good tough cardio workout.